2015-2016 Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow, that's insane if that's true! That would be the highest STEP 1 score in the country probably!

A second random question: does anyone know if, when we graduate, the diploma says "cleveland clinic lerner college of medicine" or if it says "Case Western"? Since it is accredited through case western. Super random but something that my mom actually was wondering.
I'm pretty your MD degree is from Case.

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty your MD degree is from Case.

I think the masters degree is from CCF so it would still be on your CV, of course. And probably a Deans letter from CCLCM instead of Case.

Edit: I thought wrong

Last edited:
I think the masters degree is from CCF so it would still be on your CV, of course. And probably a Deans letter from CCLCM instead of Case.
Even if you were to do a masters, that would still be through Case since CCF is not a degree-granting institution.

Members don't see this ad :)
When do you guys think waitlist movement will begin? Does anyone happen to know when it started last year?

Last edited:
Wow, that's insane if that's true! That would be the highest STEP 1 score in the country probably!

A second random question: does anyone know if, when we graduate, the diploma says "cleveland clinic lerner college of medicine" or if it says "Case Western"? Since it is accredited through case western. Super random but something that my mom actually was wondering.

I asked this once and was told the diploma was from Case. There was still question as to whether there would be mention of the CCLCM somewhere in it.

When do you guys think waitlist movement will begin? Does anyone happen to know when it started last year?

I would think it would be starting pretty soon. I don't know anything but I'm just guessing since they only gave out exactly 32 acceptances, so as soon as even one single person withdraws then they could start going to the waitlist :nailbiting: and since second look just happened it's possible people could have made a decision based on that? so.... *contemplates supergluing phone to hand*

I asked this once and was told the diploma was from Case. There was still question as to whether there would be mention of the CCLCM somewhere in it.

Hey guys, our diploma comes from Case, but both CCLCM and the School of Medicine are listed on it. It also states that we have "Special Qualifications in Biomedical Research".

For you guys who made it to Second Look, what were your impressions? I had a conflict so couldn't go but dearly wanted to be there :( .

(Feel free to PM me too!)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Callista, I was at Second Look and absolutely loved the experience. The weather wasn't the greatest, but got better by Friday (yay). I was pretty new to Cleveland, so the trolley ride definitely helped me to get a better idea of the city and potential residential areas. I personally found the talk on anatomy and mock PBL by current students extremely helpful too. There were a lot of faculty, admin staff, and current students to mingle with and they were so friendly; oh not to mention they served pretty good food ;) I didn't quite get to the Bowling part because I was too exhausted after a long trip to Cleveland and a full day on Thursday, but I heard it was fantastic. I wish you could've come too, and I felt very fortunate to be there. I'm matriculating this July, 100%.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone! Have any accepted students heard from the financial aid office?

Does anyone know what kind of computer the incoming students will be getting? I didn't make it to second look and am curious if they said anything about it.

Does anyone know what kind of computer the incoming students will be getting? I didn't make it to second look and am curious if they said anything about it.
On interview day they told us it is usually a top of the line PC of some sort. Not sure if that helps too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
On interview day they told us it is usually a top of the line PC of some sort. Not sure if that helps too much.
I don't quite remember hearing of a particular model, but I guess we will find out on July 5th :)

Anyone know what's the likelihood of getting off the alternate list if you weren't invited to second look?

Waitlisted applicant here. So anxious and excited for the next few weeks!

Any acceptances off the wait-list yet? It's been awful quiet over here.

Just got the call today! Was invited to Second Look in mid-March, so I imagine a few other people have already been accepted off the waiting list prior.

Reactions: 5 users
Just got the call today! Was invited to Second Look in mid-March, so I imagine a few other people have already been accepted off the waiting list prior.

Also a mid-march second look invite (3/9) but no call yet. Here's hoping it comes soon!

I just withdrew. A new spot should now be open to those on the waitlist. Good luck!

Just accepted off the waitlist!!!
Big congrats to those who have been accepted off the WL! There has been/will be lots of movement (acceptances) off the WL this year. This means that the current group who interviewed and have been accepted here at CCLCM are probably the most competitive ever. Those accepted here also got accepted with merit scholarships or to MD-PhD programs of other top schools.

Reactions: 2 users
Do you all think that most of the movement that is going to happen is finished? Or should my glimmer of hope hold on a little longer?

Anyone else out there invited to second look but not yet offered an acceptance? Any thoughts as to how this process works?

adcom101's post further up suggests to me that there will still be some movement to come. @aspiringdoc22 Perhaps they are still in the process of contacting your PIs?

Well I imagine that if someone with multiple acceptances is offered a spot off the waitlist, unless CCLCM is undoubtedly their #1 choice, they may ask for time to think about it. Who knows, maybe they'll even turn it down (which idk how because CCLCM is awesome!). I know there aren't many spots to begin with, but it hasn't even been a week since the April 30th deadline. I feel like we have another week, maybe two at the most. But that's just my guess. I could totally be wrong.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group or a way to get in touch with other accepted students?

Has anybody else not yet received an email about the background check? I scoured my spam folder without success, and I'm starting to wonder if it should have been sent already.

Has anybody else not yet received an email about the background check? I scoured my spam folder without success, and I'm starting to wonder if it should have been sent already.
I haven't either, but I assume they're still working on getting everything integrated into the SilkRoad system...

This is random but should we start getting our TB tests now or wait until orientation? On the orientation checklist, in the medical packet, it implies we need to complete it before orientation. But "receiving TB test" is also listed under the activities that we do during orientation. Thoughts?

This is random but should we start getting our TB tests now or wait until orientation? On the orientation checklist, in the medical packet, it implies we need to complete it before orientation. But "receiving TB test" is also listed under the activities that we do during orientation. Thoughts?

As long as nothing has changed, they'll give you your TB tests when you get there. I think you have to do 2 when you first arrive, so if you already have a recent negative TB test, then you'd only have to get 1 more during orientation.

Reactions: 2 users
There are a few orientation checklist items listed as being due tomorrow-- I assume we just ignore the deadline and wait until SilkRoad becomes live?

Is there a deadline to accept or reject admission offers? Does anybody know if there are more offers to come?

Still waiting here too. Was invited to second look but haven't heard anything since.

Another week... anybody had any news?
Hi HorridTime and aspiringdoc22, I notice how long you have been waiting...I'm sorry that you are going through this, as I know what it's like to be waiting for so long. I'm not sure whether I'm being helpful here, but I have heard from one of the admin staff today that the class for 2016 entering class is now full. You might have received the message already. I would like to wish you the very best for your endeavors and future career.

Kind regards,
sparklingwine

I have heard from one of the admin staff today that the class for 2016 entering class is now full. [...] I would like to wish you the very best for your endeavors and future career.

Not the happiest news, but I appreciate you taking the time to pass along the information.

Hi HorridTime and aspiringdoc22, I notice how long you have been waiting...I'm sorry that you are going through this, as I know what it's like to be waiting for so long. I'm not sure whether I'm being helpful here, but I have heard from one of the admin staff today that the class for 2016 entering class is now full. You might have received the message already. I would like to wish you the very best for your endeavors and future career.

Kind regards,
sparklingwine

Thanks for the heads up sparklingwine. After much deliberation I withdrew from the waitlist this morning. Enjoy CCLCM! I hope to cross paths in the future!