2015-2016 Meharry Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
omg @oxbro i think you're going through a bit of cabin fever...relax we're going to hear from Meharry soon...just let it go...
It's not that. He is a troll.

Members don't see this ad.

omg @oxbro i think you're going through a bit of cabin fever...relax we're going to hear from Meharry soon...just let it go...

No cabin fever. Folks from my neck of the woods tend to not be "diplomatic" when someone acts like they know it all--and they're speakin' out of their rear end. We tend to "call it". And it is now let go, Naijacardriodoc. One can't be too "polite" with knuckleheads; only makes it worse for the next person who has the misfortune of running across 'em. Hey..."cabin fever"? Now THAT is definitely a phrase from that part of the country after a long cold winter--snow, bad weather, etc... and folks not able to get out. Frankly, wouldn't mind a little "cabin fever"--means I'd get more time in the crib(oops, another expression ol' Sand Dude won't recognize). Okay Naijacardriodoc--gonna take your "implied" advice--and sign off for a spell. Hope to see you at MeHarry--if that be your choice.

Last edited:
Sorry, Naijacardriodoc. Methinks the troll is your colleague, Sand Dude? But, either way--as said before--gonna step away. Let Sand Dude find someone else to "troll". Saw his irritating troll arrogance in earlier posts. No surprise.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope we can all get back on track, preparing for our acceptance emails starting next week. Let's get back to the positivity and the hope this thread has been offering all of us over the last few months :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
uhh, back to the point of this thread...anyone recently withdraw their app from Meharry or make their decision and pay their deposit to Meharry to hold their spot?

Reactions: 1 user
uhh, back to the point of this thread...anyone recently withdraw their app from Meharry or make their decision and pay their deposit to Meharry to hold their spot?

I posted here last week but I actually withdrew from here today. Idk when they will fill that spot though. Withdrew from Howard today too and 1 hour later someone in the Howard thread filled my spot.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I posted here last week but I actually withdrew from here today. Idk when they will fill that spot though. Withdrew from Howard today too and 1 hour later someone in the Howard thread filled my spot.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Congrats on getting into your state school :)

Question. Notice you're on the thread for 7 years? And went back and looked at a number of your many messages. You also have no designation--Pre-med. Student Doctor? etc. Might I ask... are you a practicing MD? Work for the School? What? Your responses over a long period of time/posts are all inquisitive, helpful, supportive. So, I'm inquiring--and if can't answer for whatever reason? No problem. But 7 years--no wait-list? No designated status? Obviously know a lot about everything per this process. Besides being from Northeast and using phrases and expressions from the area--I am also curious as heck. Runnin' around in the woods--finding the odd curiosity--tends to make you that way.

Question. Notice you're on the thread for 7 years? And went back and looked at a number of your many messages. You also have no designation--Pre-med. Student Doctor? etc. Might I ask... are you a practicing MD? Work for the School? What? Your responses over a long period of time/posts are all inquisitive, helpful, supportive. So, I'm inquiring--and if can't answer for whatever reason? No problem. But 7 years--no wait-list? No designated status? Obviously know a lot about everything per this process. Besides being from Northeast and using phrases and expressions from the area--I am also curious as heck. Runnin' around in the woods--finding the odd curiosity--tends to make you that way.
There is a reason they have private messaging on this forum. Please keep your questions Meharry related. Thanks.

There is a reason they have private messaging on this forum. Please keep your questions Meharry related. Thanks.

? Maybe you should re-read. My questions ARE MeHarry-related. Merely asking about what it means to be on this thread for 7 years--in relationship to MeHarry. Who sets the rules? 'Understand and accept civility. But tailoring questions--to meet what? Your idea of...what? Merely curious. From what I have read, a big chunk of what's going on is a lot of folks trying to figure out who's who, what's, what--per process of matriculating into MeHarry. Folks ask for MCAT scores, grades, standing per wait-list, where you're from, why do you talk the way you do, etc. So--maybe rather than sound like a "monitor"--which you may be--lemme know what's wrong with asking someone who's been around 7 years---how that is? That seems less "private" than requesting their MCAT score, GPA--10% wait-list, when they interviewed. Checking out med schools, here, not trying to join the gestapo. Do you expect folks to be timid, nervous, cautious? Heck, I even mentioned--if not comfortable, understand not answering. Could you let me know what is NOT Meharry-related, per my question? Maybe that way others can learn the parameters--and who are you? Question police? No sweat, though. I'll just kick back and wait, henceforth. Cloak, dagger and proceeding on tip-toe doesn't appeal. Good luck, all. Careful how you step.

Members don't see this ad :)
? Maybe you should re-read. My questions ARE MeHarry-related. Merely asking about what it means to be on this thread for 7 years--in relationship to MeHarry. Who sets the rules? 'Understand and accept civility. But tailoring questions--to meet what? Your idea of...what? Merely curious. From what I have read, a big chunk of what's going on is a lot of folks trying to figure out who's who, what's, what--per process of matriculating into MeHarry. Folks ask for MCAT scores, grades, standing per wait-list, where you're from, why do you talk the way you do, etc. So--maybe rather than sound like a "monitor"--which you may be--lemme know what's wrong with asking someone who's been around 7 years---how that is? That seems less "private" than requesting their MCAT score, GPA--10% wait-list, when they interviewed. Checking out med schools, here, not trying to join the gestapo. Do you expect folks to be timid, nervous, cautious? Heck, I even mentioned--if not comfortable, understand not answering. Could you let me know what is NOT Meharry-related, per my question? Maybe that way others can learn the parameters--and who are you? Question police? No sweat, though. I'll just kick back and wait, henceforth. Cloak, dagger and proceeding on tip-toe doesn't appeal. Good luck, all. Careful how you step.
Not to get into an argument, but this thread has only been open for a year so he couldn't be on this thread for 7 years. He's been an SDN member for 7 years which does kinda make your question unrelated to Meharry, and manjoi therefore not incorrect in his assessment... that being said you can ask whichever questions you desire...

Not to get into an argument, but this thread has only been open for a year so he couldn't be on this thread for 7 years. He's been an SDN member for 7 years which does kinda make your question unrelated to Meharry, and manjoi therefore not incorrect in his assessment... that being said you can ask whichever questions you desire...
Lol. You just fed the troll.

Reactions: 1 users
Ey folks! Obviously Oxbro know a lot about everything per this process. Folks from his neck of the woods tend to not be "diplomatic" when someone acts like they know it all. So Just kick back and relax, henceforth. Cloak, dagger and proceeding on tip-toe doesn't appeal.

Henceforth, Oxbro- what be your status per Meharry's application, ey?

But actually though. Oxbro is quite entertaining- much needed in this time of uncertainty. Thanks bro:claps:. And please don't take any of our comments seriously!

Ari--thanks... but 7 years is still 7 years. And just finding this thing this year, myself. Pryor to applying...can't figure following for that long...even starting as a first year undergrad, would be busy elsewhere, by 7. And after process of applying to schools--can't see just showing up here among the applicants....just for--what? Being carried along in the exchanges as a current applicant? 7 years is a pretty long time--Meharry, Howard--Harvard included. Is the process that long for some folks trying to get in? That common? I've seen the odd current student, practicing Md., re-applier. And no need for Naijacardriodoc to answer unless just wants to; it's, finally, a general question for me. . As for Sand---(gotta be polite--even if not deserving)... Let's just politely say, I tend to ignore clowns. Have looked at a bunch of posts--and most are folks in current process. A few may check back--to wish well--or give suggestions. And for all I know... someone 7 years in couldda posted on MeHarry in past years. Which would make it "directly MeHarry-related"... We can play "tech" games all day long--but, in fact, my question had to do with a perceived current applicant to MeHarry--being around for that period of time. Regardless.

But actually though. Oxbro is quite entertaining- much needed in this time of uncertainty. Thanks bro:claps:. And please don't take any of our comments seriously!
I guess so
Ari--thanks... but 7 years is still 7 years. And just finding this thing this year, myself. Pryor to applying...can't figure following for that long...even starting as a first year undergrad, would be busy elsewhere, by 7. And after process of applying to schools--can't see just showing up here among the applicants....just for--what? Being carried along in the exchanges as a current applicant? 7 years is a pretty long time--Meharry, Howard--Harvard included. Is the process that long for some folks trying to get in? That common? I've seen the odd current student, practicing Md., re-applier. And no need for Naijacardriodoc to answer unless just wants to; it's, finally, a general question for me. . As for Sand---(gotta be polite--even if not deserving)... Let's just politely say, I tend to ignore clowns. Have looked at a bunch of posts--and most are folks in current process. A few may check back--to wish well--or give suggestions. And for all I know... someone 7 years in couldda posted on MeHarry in past years. Which would make it "directly MeHarry-related"... We can play "tech" games all day long--but, in fact, my question had to do with a perceived current applicant to MeHarry--being around for that period of time. Regardless.
Aww. Did I hut yaw feewings? I'm sowy.

@oxbro ppl apply to medschool at different times. It doesn't mean anything nor does it diminish the quality of physician I will become in the future. I'm not just "showing up here among applicants"...I am an applicant that has been interviewed by medical schools.

Ari77--There are MeHarry posts in 2011-2012...in response to your relevance question; the 7 years does include MeHarry. Will not comment further on this, as the person referenced may not want to be discussed, further.

Ari77--There are MeHarry posts in 2011-2012...in response to your relevance question; the 7 years does include MeHarry. Will not comment further on this, as the person referenced may not want to be discussed, further.

so what...why does that matter? @oxbro ;) Good luck to you!

Last edited:
@oxbro ppl apply to medschool at different times. It doesn't mean anything nor does it diminish the quality of physician I will become in the future. I'm not just "showing up here among applicants"...I am an applicant that has been interviewed by medical schools.

Obviously, appreciate, understand and agree with all you say. And would have let it go after you did not respond. Sorry it became more than one simple inquiry. Good luck on your journey.

so what...why does that matter? @oxbro ;) Good luck to you!

It doesn't, except in response to Ari's post. As said, 'apologize it went further than my first inquiry. I should not have responded to anyone else who chimed in, as the question was addressed to you.

It doesn't, except in response to Ari's post. As said, 'apologize it went further than my first inquiry. I should not have responded to anyone else who chimed in, as the question was addressed to you.

ok...let's agree to let it go...and just be positive and anticipate good news from Meharry in the coming days :)

Oxbro what is your status with Meharry currently? Are you 10% WL?

All I can say is.. Meharry 2020 will be an entertaining class.

ok...let's agree to let it go...and just be positive and anticipate good news from Meharry in the coming days :)

Thanks for letting me off the hook. And, yes, I am pullin' for you and look forward to reading your response when you get the good news. All best.

The wait list process in meharry is really confusing. I call them last week to ask more information. The lady told me that this year they will heavily depend on the wait list because they interviewed smaller number compare to last year. Weird.

The wait list process in meharry is really confusing. I call them last week to ask more information. The lady told me that this year they will heavily depend on the wait list because they interviewed smaller number compare to last year. Weird.

sounds good to me! lol

Accepted today! I'm very excited!!!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Congratulations! Did they email you or call? Also what are your stats (only if you feel comfortable sharing?) New to the forum and anxious about getting off the waitlist.

Congratulations! Did they email you or call? Also what are your stats (only if you feel comfortable sharing?) New to the forum and anxious about getting off the waitlist.
I got a call, followed by an email in less than 20 mins. I would have shared my stats but I can guarantee you that it wasn't the major factor in my acceptance. My interview played a major role. In the words of ET the hip-hop preacher, I was HUNGRY. It is my believe that they genuinely saw my heart during the interview. Also, more importantly the GRACE of GOD was with me throughout this process.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats LP. From your comments, gather you're a class act. Happy for you. Glad you got the call. Look forward to, hopefully, seeing you there.

Congrats, L'P! Updating the list to show acceptances.

Top 10% Waitlist:
AspiringDoc611 [Interviewed: 2/1]
Manjoi [Interviewed: 2/1]
King Alucard [Interviewed: 2/1]
Swaggy P [Interviewed: 2/5]
MedicineBoy1 [Interviewed: 2/8]
Anthony3887 [Interviewed: 2/8]
Doctor4393 [Interviewed: 2/8]
Sahgee [Interviewed: 2/15]
TiSumpMD [Interviewed: 2/22]
BlackWarriorPoet1 [Interviewed: 2/29]
L'P [Interviewed: 2/29 Accepted: 4/28]
SuccessisLife [Interviewed: 3/21]
InDocWeTrust [Interviewed: 3/21]
LeftyLadyDoc [Interviewed: 3/21]
Camcam3 (?)
Sand Dude (?)

WaitList:
CococolesMD [Interviewed: 2/5]
CSant2525 [Interviewed: 2/8]
Doctor247 [Interviewed: 2/15]

Congrats, L'P! Updating the list to show acceptances.

Top 10% Waitlist:
Camcam3 (?)
Sand Dude (?)

WaitList:

I interviewed 3/21.

Top 10% Waitlist:
Camcam3 (Interviewed: 3/21]
Sand Dude (?)

WaitList:

Congrats L'P.

Is there no top 10% thread this year? Someone usually starts one. I say don't. I think it would be more convenient to not have to monitor multiple threads.

Congrats L'P.

Did anyone else get any feedback yesterday? It's kind of weird that only L'P from this thread received an acceptance yesterday. Wouldn't they send out these acceptances to more than one person when they finally decide to release acceptances to us waitlisters, considering they start in a little over a month?

All speculation here, but I think today is going to be a great day for some of us. Following the trend of Meharry (Admissions Board meetings on Wednesday and notifications late Friday) today seems like the perfect to send acceptances.

Good Luck Everyone!!