2015-2016 Quinnipiac University (Netter) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello! This might be a long shot, but is anyone on here looking for a roommate? Please message me if you are, since I am hoping to find one!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! This might be a long shot, but is anyone on here looking for a roommate? Please message me if you are, since I am hoping to find one!
are you in the facebook group? it is called "Netter School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University Class of 2020"

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you that were accepted, if you'd be so nice to say your gpa, and mcat score just so I could see if I have an honest shot of getting in. I know what the average is and I just wonder if most people do truly stay around that.

For those of you that were accepted, if you'd be so nice to say your gpa, and mcat score just so I could see if I have an honest shot of getting in. I know what the average is and I just wonder if most people do truly stay around that.
3.45 cGPA, 3.35 sGPA, 34 MCAT. I got in a few weeks after my interview in January. If you got an II, clearly your numbers are good enough, so I'd worry more about how you did during the interview.

Oh okay your numbers, minus MCAT are similar to mine. I'm officially premed, and it's a change of career, well a career jump for me. And when I first went to school, school was not my priority so my GPA is suffering. I know ill have to do well on the MCAT to make up for it.

anyone hear anything this week?

I just got the acceptance today!! OOS; cGPA: 3.5; sGPA: 3.2; grad GPA: 4.0. This is my second acceptance (and with how late in the season it is I'm pretty much all set up at that school) so I'm still undecided if I'll take this one. I don't really like my current schools curriculum however and I need to review Netters, so I'll keep you guys posted! Also, any advice from people who've had to make this decision would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: 1 users
what did it say? it has been removed
I googled it and then clicked the cached link

Basically, the school is changing when students are taking their Step 1's (from after 2nd year to after 3rd year) with little to almost no advanced notice. =/

Last edited:
what did it say? it has been removed

Basically, the school is changing when students are taking their Step 1's (from after 2nd year to after 3rd year) with little to almost no advanced notice. =/

M2 at Netter here. The thread you are referring to was written by a disgruntled and misguided member of our class. The truth is the yes, they are considering making changes to the curriculum. These changes may include moving Step 1 to after year 3, shortening the preclinical curriculum, and lengthening the 3rd year. Nothing has been decided. Furthermore, while it is true that the administration only notified us of this change recently, they have been incredibly receptive of taking feedback and input from students about our opinion of such a change. The netter faculty and administration remains dedicated to our success and I am very happy with my education and experiences. Please do not allow the immature comments of one of our classmates influence your opinion of the Netter school of medicine (he or she was swiftly rebuked by myself and fellow class mates, leading to the thread being taken down). I am happy to take questions from those here about the possible changes.

Reactions: 1 user
I couldn't agree more with ski89. Another M2 here and we know that the faculty wants to do what's best for us. We are still in the process of voting. I have been very happy at Netter as well and I am fortunate to be in this class of students that, despite any shortcomings, is still cohesive and supportive of each other. Please don't hesitate to ask us any questions to guide your decisions, and congrats to those who were accepted off the waitlist.

I googled it and then clicked the cached link

Netter wouldn't be the first school to do something like this. Baylor has a similar curriculum, where preclinical is 18 months and M3 is 18 months. Then, step 1 is taken after M3. I'm not sure if this format is the sole reason, but their step averages are in the 240s, which is competitive for basically everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
I see that Netter has a huge focus on primary care (I somehow missed that when applying...) Do they accept students with other interests and do graduates get into other residencies? Or is a primary care only?

I see that Netter has a huge focus on primary care (I somehow missed that when applying...) Do they accept students with other interests and do graduates get into other residencies? Or is a primary care only?

Yes, they accept and welcome students with all interests. They do want a fraction of their students to pursue a career in primary care, so that's something to keep in mind.

While the first class graduates this year, I know that a lot of students are applying to residencies other than those in primary care. By going here, you are not at all limited to one career path.

Yes, they accept and welcome students with all interests. They do want a fraction of their students to pursue a career in primary care, so that's something to keep in mind.

While the first class graduates this year, I know that a lot of students are applying to residencies other than those in primary care. By going here, you are not at all limited to one career path.

Thank you that's very helpful (and reassuring). It's too early to sell myself to one specialty. Do you think surgery too far fetched?

Thank you that's very helpful (and reassuring). It's too early to sell myself to one specialty. Do you think surgery too far fetched?

Express interest in whatever you care about, or something you've shadowed in. That way you have experience backing up your interest.

I apologize if this is a really annoying question to post on last year's thread, but for those who interviewed here in the 2015-16 cycle, what time was the interview day over? I need to get back to DC that evening for an interview there the next day (yep I know it'll be rushed but I'm from the opposite side of the country so tried to plan this trip all together), and I am trying to decide what Amtrak train I could realistically make.

Thanks!!

My interview day didn't end until 5ish, but the school tour at the end was optional. They also asked us at the start of the day if anyone had early flights or anything that they needed to accommodate. Their admissions office is also really receptive and helpful - might be worth a call there to double check.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For the Courses section, if our institution was under the quarter system, do we input the credits according to that or do we convert it to semester credits?

did you remember what you end doing? im wondering the same for this cycle

hi everyone,

i've never flown to the East Coast. any tips on how to travel from California to get to this school?
I know New Haven is the nearest airport, the other is Bradley.
How could one get to the school from New Haven or Bradley?

thanks a lot!

hi everyone,

i've never flown to the East Coast. any tips on how to travel from California to get to this school?
I know New Haven is the nearest airport, the other is Bradley.
How could one get to the school from New Haven or Bradley?

thanks a lot!

You can fly to Bradley and take a CT limo (call them a few days in advance) to get to the campus or Best Western hotel (40 minutes). Or you could fly to New Haven (Tweed) and catch an Uber from New Haven to North Haven which is about 15 minutes. Note that not many flights go directly to Tweed--you might have to do a layover in Philadelphia before getting here.