2015-2016 Quinnipiac University (Netter) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just waiting for the hammer to fall here...

Members don't see this ad :)
nothing in the world would make me happier than getting off this wait list :xf:

Reactions: 3 users
Someone on mdapps said they just received a "huge scholarship" here. Lucky him! I'm surprised financial decisions are already being made. Has anyone else heard from financial aid yet?

Last edited:
rejected post-interview, it really hurts to be rejected after my interview. i really don't know why i was outright rejected, thought the itnerview went fine.

has anyone else been rejected post-interview?

Reactions: 1 user
rejected post-interview, it really hurts to be rejected after my interview. i really don't know why i was outright rejected, thought the itnerview went fine.

has anyone else been rejected post-interview?
I was as well today. I also thought I did well, kinda surprised. Really bummed

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I was as well today. I also thought I did well, kinda surprised. Really bummed

Thanks for making me not feel like I was the only one. I interviewed in mid-february. Who knows we may have even been on the same date. Very disappointing to be rejected.

To people on the waitlist... please post as soon as you hear anything so we can get an idea of when movement is starting. I know the email said we will not here until *after* April 30, but last years thread had people accepted off the WL as early as April 14th. Hoping we all get good some news here soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Has everyone else who interviewed in mid-late February heard back already? They told me early-mid March at my interview and I haven't heard anything yet.

Has everyone else who interviewed in mid-late February heard back already? They told me early-mid March at my interview and I haven't heard anything yet.
I heard back last Wednesday, 3/9. Rejection. So maybe you not hearing yet is a good thing

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard back on 3/9 as well... I'm on the wait list (and, honestly, pretty excited about it as I know there was a lot of movement last year, and I LOVE this school!). Anyway, it appears that most people have received notification on Wednesdays and Fridays, so this could be your week. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I heard back last Wednesday, 3/9. Rejection. So maybe you not hearing yet is a good thing

I'm sorry to hear that :( I hope that the rest of the cycle goes well for you. :) It seems like the decision may have nothing to do with timing since @keeMD was wait-listed on the same day.

I heard back on 3/9 as well... I'm on the wait list (and, honestly, pretty excited about it as I know there was a lot of movement last year, and I LOVE this school!). Anyway, it appears that most people have received notification on Wednesdays and Fridays, so this could be your week. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you! I heard the same thing about the wait list too. :) Good luck!

does anyone know if they increased the class size this year? I know they mentioned the possibility at my interview but that was way back in August

I still haven't heard back either... Hopefully soon!

Are you sure about this? Where did you get that info? Because I heard they're increasing it as well

Personally I prefer smaller class size. :D
I heard that directly from Dr. Yeckel during my interview, that it was staying at 90.

I heard that directly from Dr. Yeckel during my interview, that it was staying at 90.

Ah ok, I just looked in the updated MSAR and they expext 90 entrants for next year's class as well. They initially planned to raise it to 125 but I guess they couldn't.

Are you sure about this? Where did you get that info? Because I heard they're increasing it as well

Personally I prefer smaller class size. :D
Admissions people told us at interview day recently.

I withdrew my acceptance last week - I hope someone on the wait list heard good news! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received award letters yet? Or has anyone :cough cough: not submitted all of the financial aid paperwork yet?

Anyone waiting to hear back post interview?
I'm still waiting... I think it's spring break for them this week so it probably won't be until next week or the week after.

Has anyone heard back recently? I was told we would hear back mid-March and it's almost end of March now...

Has any accepted student heard back about prematriculation program? I don't really know when they start picking people for it.

just withdrew my acceptance to open up a spot for someone else! :thumbup:

Reactions: 4 users
Are they done interviewing? I haven't heard anything from them since submitting my app in august

To those coming to Second Look, we're excited to see you on April 15-16!

Reactions: 1 users
To those coming to Second Look, we're excited to see you on April 15-16!

Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if you can provide a sample of your weekly schedule at Netter as an M1-M2. For example, what days do you have classes and for what general time frames? Which days do you go to Mesh, and how long does that typically last. When do you study until, and what time do you head to bed?

I'm sure someone will discuss this during second look but I just wanted a general idea of what that would be like. Thanks!

I was wondering if any one who is accepted could message me the immunizations/tests/medical requirements needed for netter... I'm currently wait listed but I'm going to the doctor next week to get a physical for another school and would just like to make sure I have all of my bases covered so I don't have to go more than once. Thanks!

I was wondering if any one who is accepted could message me the immunizations/tests/medical requirements needed for netter... I'm currently wait listed but I'm going to the doctor next week to get a physical for another school and would just like to make sure I have all of my bases covered so I don't have to go more than once. Thanks!

Google the aamc immunization form. That's basically it. In addition make sure u have hep A series and titer done.

Both are required. See attached

Would you, or anyone, happen to know when this should be filled out for the waitlisters? On the email I was sent, it stated that "in order to be considered from the wait list, you must have your immunizations completed or be in the later stages of completion." Does this mean that we need to have the proof of immunizations filled out and uploaded to their portal to even be considered for an open spot? The "in the later stages of completion" part seems to suggest that we don't, but how would they know? I don't want them to pass me up simply due to a paperwork oversight.

Would you, or anyone, happen to know when this should be filled out for the waitlisters? On the email I was sent, it stated that "in order to be considered from the wait list, you must have your immunizations completed or be in the later stages of completion." Does this mean that we need to have the proof of immunizations filled out and uploaded to their portal to even be considered for an open spot? The "in the later stages of completion" part seems to suggest that we don't, but how would they know? I don't want them to pass me up simply due to a paperwork oversight.

I'm on the wait list too and completely skimmed over this. I'm thinking what they meant was that you should still get started on these requirements since you could be notified at anytime that you've gotten off the wait list and then need to provide the paperwork...not completely sure but hopefully someone else has a more definite answer?

Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if you can provide a sample of your weekly schedule at Netter as an M1-M2. For example, what days do you have classes and for what general time frames? Which days do you go to Mesh, and how long does that typically last. When do you study until, and what time do you head to bed?

I'm sure someone will discuss this during second look but I just wanted a general idea of what that would be like. Thanks!

Sorry to get back to you so late. I'm an M1 so I can't say much for the M2 schedule. We have exams tomorrow and Monday but I decided to take a break from studying for a bit :)

Anyway, we have classes from 8-12 Monday to Friday. This mostly consists of lectures. Otherwise, we have collaborative classroom (CC) events in which four groups of 7-8 students in one classroom discuss answers to problems and there is one facilitator per classroom to guide the discussion. These are usually histology sessions and biopsychosocial discussions. If not CC, then we would have seminar rooms in which around 10 students in one room work together to solve problems related to lecture material, and this is also guided by a facilitator.

Thursday mornings from 8-10 we have a Clinical Arts and Sciences (CAS) course in which we learn about how to take patient histories and perform physical exams. In addition, we have a Scholarly Reflection and Concentration Capstone course that occurs Thursday afternoon. This is from 1-5 during the first semester. During the second semester, you will be taking a selective course that is related to your capstone concentration, so that schedule depends on what course you take. There are online selectives available as well if you prefer that.

MeSH happens once a week, and you get either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday as your MeSH day. This happens in the afternoon, usually from 1-5 and depending on your MeSH preceptor's schedule. Some students' MeSH sites are quite far away (1 hr from campus), so you would have to factor that time in as well.

Everyone's study schedule is a bit different, but I can tell you that I study 5-6 hours a day. When it's close to exams, I can study for about 10 hours a day. Some people can't sit down for that long so they go to the gym in between. I go to bed 10-11pm.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions.

Last edited:
Did they raise the tuition + fees by like $4K? That's crazy.

Are any other accepted students still waiting on an award letter?

Withdrew my acceptance here. I hope that goes for one of you SDNers :)!!

Reactions: 4 users