2015-2016 Quinnipiac University (Netter) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will be withdrawing my acceptance and scholarship offer today. Hope they go to one of you guys waiting to hear back.

I'm going to miss not having that awesome anatomy lab though! :(

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Will be withdrawing my acceptance and scholarship offer today. Hope they go to one of you guys waiting to hear back.

I'm going to miss not having that awesome anatomy lab though! :(

Good luck!
Wait, did you get accepted today, or just withdrawing today? Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Still awaiting the award letter so I can make my decision.

Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if you can provide a sample of your weekly schedule at Netter as an M1-M2. For example, what days do you have classes and for what general time frames? Which days do you go to Mesh, and how long does that typically last. When do you study until, and what time do you head to bed?

I'm sure someone will discuss this during second look but I just wanted a general idea of what that would be like. Thanks!

I don't know if anyone provided their schedule during second look, but I'll tell you my schedule for next week

Monday

8AM-10AM: Lecture
10AM-12PM: Collaborative Class
12 PM-1 PM: Lunch and commute to MeSH
1PM- 5 PM: MeSH
5PM-730PM: Drive Home, Eat, Do basic needs
730PM-9PM: Go to the Gym
9PM-10PM: Do some prep work for the rest of the week
10PM-12PM: Watch an episode or two of a show
12PM-7:00AM: Sleep

Tuesday

8AM-10AM: Lecture
10AM-12PM: Collaborative Class
12PM-1230PM: Lunch
1230-2PM: Study
2PM-3PM: Meeting with Capstone Mentor
3PM-7PM: Study
7PM-8PM: Club Meeting and eat
9PM-10PM: Gym
10PM-11PM: Prep Work
11PM-12PM: Unwind

Wednesday

8AM-12PM: Lecture
12PM-12PM: Lunch
12:30PM-8PM: CAS Prep, Anatomy prep, selective prep, study, dinner
8PM-10PM: Gym or be lazy at home. (Depends on my mood)
10PM-12PM: Unwind

Thursday

8AM-10PM: CAS (doctor class)
10PM-12PM: Anatomy
12PM-1PM: Club Meeting
1PM-2PM: SRCC (Capstone class)
2-3PM: Hang out with Classmates in the lounge or do selective work
3PM-6PM: Selective
6PM-8PM: Light dinner, chores
8PM-9PM: Gym
9PM-12AM: Unwind

Friday

8AM-12PM: Lecture
12PM-12AM: Freedom.. jk Whatever Studying I need to finish, I will do it Friday afternoon, Saturday, and/or sunday. I will also make plans to go out with my friends.

Reactions: 1 users
How do you withdraw your acceptance? Just email them?

Will be withdrawing my acceptance today -- hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone-i just received my financial aid award letter,yours should be in your quinnipiac inboxes!

My award letter isn't up. Is there anyone else whose award letter isn't up?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also withdrew. Best of luck to those of you on the waitlist! I hope this brings good news for someone!

Reactions: 5 users
Just withdrew my acceptance as well. Hopefully one of you will get it :)

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck all.

Withdrew my acceptance. Good luck everyone

that waitlist email nearly just gave me a heart attack

What did it say that was heart attack worthy, out of curiosity?
Nothing... Getting an email in and of itself would be heart attack worthy, as I am so hoping to be accepted off the wait list here! It was actually really great of the Admissions Team; they were informing us of their wait list protocol in order to make their process transparent. Much appreciated!

Nothing... Getting an email in and of itself would be heart attack worthy, as I am so hoping to be accepted off the wait list here! It was actually really great of the Admissions Team; they were informing us of their wait list protocol in order to make their process transparent. Much appreciated!

Great! Hope it gets some good movement this year. QU is a great school! Will be matriculating this fall.

Does the school provide physical copies of either Netter Atlas or First Aid? I'm thinking about purchasing those soon but wasn't sure if they're provided.

The Netter library and bone box room (across from the anatomy lab) have several physical copies of both Netter Atlas and First Aid for the USMLE. The borrowing period is quite limited though (one day for some books). I personally purchased my own copy of First Aid so that I can write notes in it from lecture material.

withdrew my acceptance. tough decision. good luck to those of you waiting!

Does anyone know if they are still reviewing for the primary care fellowship? Anyone call financial aid recently to ask about this or any other scholarships they may still be offering?

So... anyone know of any waitlist movement here?

Withdrew my acceptance.
Good luck, ex-fellow waitlist warmers.
;)

Has there been any movement at all? From this thread, it just seems like withdrawals with no subsequent WL acceptances :/

I finally got around to giving the admissions office a call. They said a batch of acceptances went out last week to some folks on the waitlist (no info as to how many). Depending on the results of that, there may be more offers in the future.

Recently withdrew after getting accepted off the wait list. It was a hard decision. >-< Hope it goes to one of you!

Withdrew my acceptance recently after getting off a WL at my #1.

I hope one of you gets the spot!