You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Texas Tech University - Lubbock Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does TTUHSC accept pre-interview updates?
Edit: Question answered. They only accept letters of interest or update letters up until October 15th.
Edit: Question answered. They only accept letters of interest or update letters up until October 15th.
Last edited:
That's not true.Does TTUHSC accept pre-interview updates?
Edit: Question answered. They only accept letters of interest or update letters up until October 15th.
I called 2 weeks ago and they said they would accept any and all letters to your file.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm weird. That's what their site said, but awesome!That's not true.
I called 2 weeks ago and they said they would accept any and all letters to your file.
That's not true.
I called 2 weeks ago and they said they would accept any and all letters to your file.
Hey man, be sure to check the portal. I got 0 emails, 0 anything since submitting secondary in September. Heard absolutely *nothing* between now and then. Was doing some searching in email and re-checked the portal - I had gotten my interview invite awhile ago, apparently, and was never notified (which might be how its done, but either way I am very grateful) and was able to schedule, albeit in December.
II today! IS. LizzyM ~65.
When were you complete if you dont mind? and ru URM?
Hey man, be sure to check the portal. I got 0 emails, 0 anything since submitting secondary in September. Heard absolutely *nothing* between now and then. Was doing some searching in email and re-checked the portal - I had gotten my interview invite awhile ago, apparently, and was never notified (which might be how its done, but either way I am very grateful) and was able to schedule, albeit in December.
@JBL15TX , wow! That must have been an awesome discovery!
What dates were you offered? And sorry whats ORM?Complete late July/early Aug. ORM.
Last edited:
What dates were you offered? And sorry whats ORM?
ORM = Over represented Minority, i.e. Asians and Caucasians.
I saw one remaining date, 12/9 when I scheduled my II yesterday, but I was told there was a 12/11 as well.
What dates were you offered? And sorry whats ORM?
12/9. Stay hopeful 🙂
Last edited:
Does anyone know whether they interview into January?
They typically have in the past, so I would assume they will this cycle, too.Does anyone know whether they interview into January?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone who is accepted and plans to come to Tech, there is a Facebook group out there! Just search "Texas Tech School of Medicine Class of 2020"!
edit: crap, I forgot the link! https://www.facebook.com/groups/938175156270714/
edit: crap, I forgot the link! https://www.facebook.com/groups/938175156270714/
Last edited:
Anyone accepted here yet through prematch?!?!?
This is an awkward question, but are we supposed to be refreshing our emails for the offer? Or is it on TMDSAS?Anyone accepted here yet through prematch?!?!?
i got an offer to a different school but its through emailThis is an awkward question, but are we supposed to be refreshing our emails for the offer? Or is it on TMDSAS?
This is an awkward question, but are we supposed to be refreshing our emails for the offer? Or is it on TMDSAS?
Someone seemed to have received their offer for Southwestern through the "Pre-Match Offer Withdrawal" section of TMDSAS.
Your offers should come by email. I received my UTSW offer via the TMDSAS portal under the pre-match offer withdrawal section but I also received an acceptance email from them. I also received acceptances from UTHSCSA and TCOM but through email only. For whatever reason UTSW was the only school in TMDSAS.This is an awkward question, but are we supposed to be refreshing our emails for the offer? Or is it on TMDSAS?
Any idea of when Tech historically has sent their pre-match offers? Haven't heard anything, and judging by this thread neither has anybody else.
Any idea of when Tech historically has sent their pre-match offers? Haven't heard anything, and judging by this thread neither has anybody else.
I am in the same boat as you, I haven't heard anything yet. From what I read this morning I know UTSW and UTMB have already sent out invites, while no invites have been sent from Tech or A&M. On a side note, I interviewed last Friday (11/13). Is there a chance I could still get an early pre-match from Tech?
Accepted just now!
Accepted!!! 

Accepted too!!! Yay, what a day. Gonna sleep like a baby for the first time in months
Accepted and almost had a heart attack. Good luck to everyone else! Just be confident that everything will work out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted! I received the email at 1:28pm CST.
IS:
3.57 cGPA, 3.55 BCPM, 3.60 Non-BCPM
35 MCAT
IS:
3.57 cGPA, 3.55 BCPM, 3.60 Non-BCPM
35 MCAT
Last edited:
Accepted!!!!!!! 3.63 cgpa 34 mcat. Let's go!!
I got it like 5 minutes ago. I'm so happy.
you should be, you are going to medical school!!!I got it like 5 minutes ago. I'm so happy.
Accepted! Got the email around 3:00 MST. IS, 3.55, 516 MCAT
Accepted!!! IS
Congrats to all those that pre-matched today!! Anyone know how often these batches get sent out? Like per week? I interviewed 8/26, but didn't get a pre-match offer. I hope I get one from this school..
I interviewed August 27th for reference.
Interviewed on Oct. 23 as well
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of curiosity, did those of you who interviewed feel like the interviewers had a good knowledge of your file?
I feel like my two interviews may as well have been closed-file; neither of my interviewers brought up a single thing from my application or knew about my background.
I feel like my two interviews may as well have been closed-file; neither of my interviewers brought up a single thing from my application or knew about my background.
I had one that interviewed me with my file open, the other didn't 🙂Out of curiosity, did those of you who interviewed feel like the interviewers had a good knowledge of your file?
I feel like my two interviews may as well have been closed-file; neither of my interviewers brought up a single thing from my application or knew about my background.
Out of curiosity, did those of you who interviewed feel like the interviewers had a good knowledge of your file?
I feel like my two interviews may as well have been closed-file; neither of my interviewers brought up a single thing from my application or knew about my background.
Yeah neither one of my interviews had my file out they just really wanted to get to know me outside of my resume and application. I thought this was a bad thing as I really could not outline my strengths of the application, but it worked out!