2016-2017 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed on September 14th and I'm still awaiting to hear a decision. Checked my portal today and I still have "Under Consideration" with green check marks all the way down.

Members don't see this ad.

Found out I was accepted via the one.iu.edu portal. I didn't go to IU for undergrad, but I was accepted there for it and had an account created. It seems my login was reactivated upon admission again which allowed me to check that portal. The regular admissions portal still says "under consideration".

In state, LizzyM ~65
Complete: 9/19/2016
II: 11/28/2016
Interview: 01/11/2017
Accepted: 2/15/2017

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes; interviewed on Sept 14th. Hang in there.
I also interviewed on September 14th and have yet to hear. Very agonizing... Crossing my fingers I hear something this week.

Reactions: 1 user
First time posting here (long time lurker) and I'm so thrilled to say I was accepted today via the IUB undergrad One.IU.edu application status portal!!

In state, IUB undergrad, LizzyM ~67
Complete: 8/9/2016
II: 8/17/2016
Interview: 10/5/2016
Accepted: 2/15/2017!!!

Is this legit? I just looked it up and mine says the same, but my other portal still says under consideration. Don't mean to doubt you in anyway, but I'm just nervously excited lol.

edit: If people are interested:
Indiana resident/IU undergrad
LizzyM of 68
Interview 1/11/17

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Is this legit? I just looked it up and mine says the same, but my other portal still says under consideration. Don't mean to doubt you in anyway, but I'm just nervously excited lol.

It's accurate!! Congrats!! But call the admissions office if you are still unsure. Or you could just wait.

Yes, it's legit! Happened to a friend of mine last month, which is why I knew to look. He got the letter in the mail a few days later! Congratulations :)

This close to enrolling at IU just so I can access that portal.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, it's legit! Happened to a friend of mine last month, which is why I knew to look. He got the letter in the mail a few days later! Congratulations :)

Awesome, I appreciate you letting me know! I'm really glad I decided to check this thread, lol. Congrats to you as well.

Last edited:

What's the CAS username supposed to be? Anything special like SID, email...can't figure it out! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What's the CAS username supposed to be? Anything special like SID, email...can't figure it out! Lol

I can't figure out my username or password either. I applied and got accepted to IU for undergrad but didn't go there.

I can't figure out my username or password either. I applied and got accepted to IU for undergrad but didn't go there.

I went there for grad school a few years ago and I still can't figure mine out :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
My IU undergrad portal says to check my status on the IUSM portal. I guess that means I didn't get in?
Yeah mine says that too :( (I attended summer classes at IUPUI so I forgot I did have that username). Guess we wait another month... Hoping March is like a catch-all for the last round of acceptances. Does anyone know the last interview date?

For those that could see their acceptance on the One.IU site, where on the Acceptance Status page is it? Is it just a status message under that chart?

Yeah mine says that too :( (I attended summer classes at IUPUI so I forgot I did have that username). Guess we wait another month... Hoping March is like a catch-all for the last round of acceptances. Does anyone know the last interview date?

Is it confirmed that march is the last month acceptances come out? Not including acceptances off waitlist

Is it confirmed that march is the last month acceptances come out? Not including acceptances off waitlist

This is off the admissions page on their website--

"Traditional Notifications: October 15 – March 15"
Then says that alternate notifications are from April 15-May 15.
It also says they interview in March too.

For those that could see their acceptance on the One.IU site, where on the Acceptance Status page is it? Is it just a status message under that chart?
Does anyone else's say, "Please call the Office of Admissions for the status of your application"? The chart thing is completely empty for me. I really hope this isn't a bad sign...

Has anyone without access to the IU undergrad portal gotten any acceptances yet or official letters via snail mail?

When I was accepted I didn't receive the snail mail until the 19th. Portal didn't change until about the 21st. There is still time!

How long after interviews does it take for this school to get back to us usually?
I interviewed Nov. 16th and was accepted in the February cycle, but one of my friends interviewed in September and wasn't accepted until February also. So basically it's up in the air. The way I think of it is that your acceptance is mostly dependent on your interview. If you got an interview, they're interested in you and think you are qualified enough to be a student at IUSM. So if you rocked your interview, you'll probably hear back fairly soon.

Do you mean the One.IU portal or the IUSM portal?

IUSM Portal. That's really the only one that matters. Once you are accepted all of the follow on information comes from the IUSM portal. Campus Preference, agreements, transcript trackers, etc... The one.iu.edu portal might tell you something a little before the IUSM portal, but beyond that, you won't use it. At least I haven't yet.

So, weird question to indianapremed2016, NeuroGuy2014, & agc2234. I am an in-state undergrad at IU currently who will be applying in the summer of 2018. My LizzyM is expected to be somewhere in the 67-72 range depending on how I do on the MCAT in a little over a year. I understand the MCAT is a very tough test, am not trying to be presumptuous, and I just gave the range I would apply with next year if I scored high enough and did not have to wait a cycle to retake the MCAT. Are any of you under-represented minorities (URM's)? I am in no way trying to be offensive but just am curious as someone who is not an URM if I need to be higher in the expected range I gave or if the lower end would suffice. Again, just trying to understand numbers and I am in no way trying to criticize affirmative action (I support it). Please give some clarity and advice to your fellow Hoosier! Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
I bet a lot of y'all will get letters today and tomorrow.

I was accepted on 11/15, but didn't get my letter til 11/18.

This is off the admissions page on their website--

"Traditional Notifications: October 15 – March 15"
Then says that alternate notifications are from April 15-May 15.
It also says they interview in March too.

They told my group we were the last to interview

I've probably seen this data before if it's out there, but how many people do they interview vs. how many they accept?

I've probably seen this data before if it's out there, but how many people do they interview vs. how many they accept?

Roughly 8500 applicants, 1100 interviews, and 360 ish matriculants. I can't remember the exact figure, but I know it's increased from the 355 listed on the MSAR. Obviously they accept more than actually matriculate, but I don't think they publish those numbers.

Roughly 8500 applicants, 1100 interviews, and 360 ish matriculants. I can't remember the exact figure, but I know it's increased from the 355 listed on the MSAR. Obviously they accept more than actually matriculate, but I don't think they publish those numbers.

Oh ok I gotcha. I'd expect about 500 acceptances or so I guess.

Oh ok I gotcha. I'd expect about 500 acceptances or so I guess.

It is about 578 accepted based off of US News and World Report

So, weird question to indianapremed2016, NeuroGuy2014, & agc2234. I am an in-state undergrad at IU currently who will be applying in the summer of 2018. My LizzyM is expected to be somewhere in the 67-72 range depending on how I do on the MCAT in a little over a year. I understand the MCAT is a very tough test, am not trying to be presumptuous, and I just gave the range I would apply with next year if I scored high enough and did not have to wait a cycle to retake the MCAT. Are any of you under-represented minorities (URM's)? I am in no way trying to be offensive but just am curious as someone who is not an URM if I need to be higher in the expected range I gave or if the lower end would suffice. Again, just trying to understand numbers and I am in no way trying to criticize affirmative action (I support it). Please give some clarity and advice to your fellow Hoosier! Thanks in advance :)

Mine was 68 and I am not a URM.

Received the official letter in the mail today! Fingers crossed for the rest of you waiting to hear :)

Reactions: 3 users
Yes, my permanent address is in Indianapolis!
Did it go to your permanent address, and not your preferred address? Or are they the same? My permanent address is in Indianapolis, but my preferred is in Kansas City...

I'm not URM either. LizzyM somewhere between 65-71 depending on if/how you factor in my post-bacc coursework. I will say that I am one of those cases where LizzyM score breaks down and means very little (low undergrad GPA, high MCAT, several years full-time research experience). So take that with a grain of salt and remember that extracurriculars, volunteer work, clinical experience, strong letters of recommendation, etc. all carry a decent amount of weight as well.

Got my acceptance letter today! At my home address in Indiana

Reactions: 3 users
No letter to my permanent address in Indy :( Maybe hometown's post office is just slow though...

Got my acceptance letter today! At my home address in Indiana

Congrats! Did your graduate online application change at all? (The one we had to fill out after an interview invite)

Congrats! Did your graduate online application change at all? (The one we had to fill out after an interview invite)
Thanks! And no it still says under consideration