2016-2017 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! Did your graduate online application change at all? (The one we had to fill out after an interview invite)
Oh wait we might not be talking about the same thing. Are you talking about the site where we booked our interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing for me today... been waiting since September. So agonizing

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing down here in Nashville. I wouldn't expect to get anything til at least tomorrow though.

Did it go to your permanent address, and not your preferred address? Or are they the same? My permanent address is in Indianapolis, but my preferred is in Kansas City...

I got an acceptance letter today as well, and mine went to the address I have as my preferred address in the system, not my home address. Hope that helps, good luck!

Hello, thank you to agc2234 and NeuroGuy2014. Another question if you guys would not mind. Would you mind sharing your GPA, MCAT, and perhaps the strongest reason you believe you were accepted to IUSM? Also, to in-state people who were admitted via the EDP route, is it true that they end up accepting nearly everyone who meets the numbers and deadline of August 1st?

Oh wait we might not be talking about the same thing. Are you talking about the site where we booked our interviews?

Thanks for the reply. I meant the graduate one where we paid the $65 application fee

Did anyone else get a letter today?

Nothing for me again today. Interviewed in September. Lizzy M of 68 and IS. Starting to think my IA (underage drinking) is meaning more than it did to me.

Last edited:
Nothing for me again today. Interviewed in September. Lizzy M of 68 and IS. Starting to think my IA (underage drinking) is meaning more than it did to me. Don't wanna go to a school that puts a lot of weight on one mistake...
I had a similar IA if not worse. The drinking won't keep you out.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
To any reapplicants or anyone who is curious...

I applied last year, interviewed in November, and didn't get a rejection email until the end of May. It was hell to be in limbo for that long. That was by far the most stressful year of my life. I reapplied this year, interviewed in October, and was accepted in November. Nothing changed in regard to MCAT scores or GPA. I honestly didn't think my interview went that much better either, so I was definitely surprised to have been accepted that early on. I'll list my gpa and MCAT below, although I don't think those matter too much once you are invited to interview.

GPA 3.8
MCAT 506
IS/ IU undergrad

Im in SoCal and just received my acceptance letter!!! Interviewed mid October.

Reactions: 3 users
Got the acceptance letter in the mail yesterday! It definitely took a while, and to be honest, I was starting to get nervous. Interviewed on 11/09. Good luck to everyone else still waiting for the good news; hope it comes soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Got the acceptance letter in the mail yesterday! It definitely took a while, and to be honest, I was starting to get nervous. Interviewed on 11/09. Good luck to everyone else still waiting for the good news; hope it comes soon!

Congrats! Could you share your gpa, mcat and if you are IS or OOS?

Then there's me, LizzyM 65 with a masters. First applied as IS in 2011, and here I am still applying in 2017, now OOS :laugh:

That's so frustrating. This is my 2nd time applying. It's interesting because I feel that I have a better shot at OOS schools because I've interviewed at more of them than my 2 state schools. And I'm a re-applicant there.

That's so frustrating. This is my 2nd time applying. It's interesting because I feel that I have a better shot at OOS schools because I've interviewed at more of them than my 2 state schools. And I'm a re-applicant there.
Yeah, it's funny how every school seems to have a personality. You just have to find the one that matches yours.

Has anyone who interviewed at the SB campus got in yet? No one I know who interviewed there has yet... I only know a couple people but still. Don't know if they're forgetting about us or what...

This may be a stupid question, but for the return decision letter we are supposed to send back in the envelope, do we literally just write "I, agc2234, accept this offer and wish to reserve my place in the class"?

This may be a stupid question, but for the return decision letter we are supposed to send back in the envelope, do we literally just write "I, agc2234, accept this offer and wish to reserve my place in the class"?
So I was actually really confused about this too, so I called the admissions office. The lady I spoke with said they would be sending out the form to reserve your spot in the class through email. However, if you're ever in Indianapolis, you can just stop by Fesler Hall and turn it in there and then, otherwise just keep an eye out for the email, and make sure you get it turned in before your 14 business days are up!

So I was actually really confused about this too, so I called the admissions office. The lady I spoke with said they would be sending out the form to reserve your spot in the class through email. However, if you're ever in Indianapolis, you can just stop by Fesler Hall and turn it in there and then, otherwise just keep an eye out for the email, and make sure you get it turned in before your 14 business days are up!

I'm glad I'm not alone then, lol. I tried looking all over online and couldn't really find anything. I'll keep any eye out for that email then. I assume the 14 days begins after receiving that email and not the physical letter then right?

I'm glad I'm not alone then, lol. I tried looking all over online and couldn't really find anything. I'll keep any eye out for that email then. I assume the 14 days begins after receiving that email and not the physical letter then right?
I'm not sure about when the 14 days start, but I was in the area, so I just went ahead and got that taken care of. The lady also told me that those wouldn't get processed until a bit down the line, but the applicant portals should be updating on Wednesday, so that we can start ranking campuses.

I'm not sure about when the 14 days start, but I was in the area, so I just went ahead and got that taken care of. The lady also told me that those wouldn't get processed until a bit down the line, but the applicant portals should be updating on Wednesday, so that we can start ranking campuses.

Ok cool, appreciate the info. I may contact them just to be sure on the 14 days thing just to be safe. I'd hate to be the idiot who got accepted to med school but was too dumb to know how to send back a form reserving my spot.

Ok cool, appreciate the info. I may contact them just to be sure on the 14 days thing just to be safe. I'd hate to be the idiot who got accepted to med school but was too dumb to know how to send back a form reserving my spot.
That would be tragic, lol. Good luck with the rest of the acceptance process, and congratulations on getting in!

Has anyone who interviewed in January received an acceptance?

Last edited:
Has anyone who interviewed in Muncie in January received an acceptance?
I'm also curious about this.

Also, any portal updates or relevant emails for the people who were accepted this round? I updated my preferred address in AMCAS a few months ago but never confirmed it with IU, so I'm still hoping my letter just went to the wrong place :)

I'm also curious about this.

Also, any portal updates or relevant emails for the people who were accepted this round? I updated my preferred address in AMCAS a few months ago but never confirmed it with IU, so I'm still hoping my letter just went to the wrong place :)
If you go through one.iu.edu and search application status, it should give you the latest news on your app.

If you go through one.iu.edu and search application status, it should give you the latest news on your app.
Unfortunately I think that's only for IU undergrad students. I tried that a few days ago with my credentials and it said the application status is not available to guest accounts.

Received the acceptance letter in the mail today. Interviewed at South Bend campus on 1/11.

Reactions: 1 users
If we didn't get a letter, does that mean we are unofficially wait listed? For those who got letters, have your portals updated yet?

The letter didn't designate what campus I'd be at. It says they start disclosing placement to accepted applicants mid-April. I don't quite remember if I set my campus preferences yet, at any point. Did you or anyone else already rank campuses?
Oh so the campus preference is whats set on thr portal? Then I messed up lol

If we didn't get a letter, does that mean we are unofficially wait listed? For those who got letters, have your portals updated yet?
A lot of people do get their letters in March, so we do still have another month!

Oh so the campus preference is whats set on thr portal? Then I messed up lol

The portal only shows your preference to where you want to interview. After acceptance, you rank all of the campuses and then go in a lottery. That doesn't happen until April I believe.

Portals should be updated for accepted students now.

I was able to setup my IU credentials just now but I am not able to login into the applicant portal at the moment. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm assuming it just takes some time to authenticate?
I already have an IU account from undergrad, but I can't log back into the IUSM portal.