2016-2017 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been given financial aid awards yet (either merit or need based?)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yes, merit...received about 1 week after acceptance offer

Members don't see this ad.

guys definitely send an update/letter of interest to Dean Callahan directly. Sent one last night around 11 pm and she just emailed me with an interview invite.
and now dean callahan has gotten 20+ emails from all of us decision pending for lifers

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
and now dean callahan has gotten 20+ emails from all of us decision pending for lifers

Dean Callahan this morning:
email.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Update letters probably only work for those who are going to get an II anyway, imo. Maybe it'll speed up the process a bit but I doubt it could change the course of the decision dramatically.

Reactions: 1 users
Update letters probably only work for those who are going to get an II anyway, imo. Maybe it'll speed up the process a bit but I doubt it could change the course of the decision dramatically.
That's true , I sent an update more than 2 months back and it hasn't made a difference! I did send it to the main admissions id but I am sure it must have made its way to Dr. Callahan eventually and I had gotten an acknowledgement right away for the email.

So I am not sure if updates always help.

That's true , I sent an update more than 2 months back and it hasn't made a difference! I did send it to the main admissions id but I am sure it must have made its way to Dr. Callahan eventually and I had gotten an acknowledgement right away for the email.

So I am not sure if updates always help.
Same thing happened to me

Sent from my SM-G550T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when financial aid packages come out?

Does anyone know when financial aid packages come out?
April-May-ish as long as you have all of your financial aid requirements finished. You can check your requirements by logging into Banner, going to the "Financial Aid" section, and clicking on "Financial Aid Status." This will tell you what you have left to complete.

Grazie
April-May-ish as long as you have all of your financial aid requirements finished. You can check your requirements by logging into Banner, going to the "Financial Aid" section, and clicking on "Financial Aid Status." This will tell you what you have left to complete.
grazie

Members don't see this ad :)
Is an acceptance from HPWL like a rolling admission thing? I just searched for 'HPWL' in this thread and apparently someone who interviewed in September got accepted off of HPWL in mid January. If people are already regularly getting accepted from HPWL, are there few big waves of HPWL acceptances or is it done every week? Was this person just one of a few special cases?

Edit: Mid January, not late January.

Last edited:
It's P/F for preclinical years. At my interview they said the current year is the first year they are using p/f.

Hey does anybody know how many people are on the HPWL? At my interview she said 80-90 people come off of that list. I was curious if its 80-90 out of like 100 people or 80-90 from 300 people.

Hey does anybody know how many people are on the HPWL? At my interview she said 80-90 people come off of that list. I was curious if its 80-90 out of like 100 people or 80-90 from 300 people.
This has been discussed already multiple times in this thread. This number is unknown, but you can guesstimate a ballpark range given that they interview approximately 800 students a year for a class of 260.

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but does Jeff have any computer requirements? Or do they have anything included in tuition? I'm looking to replace my old macbook and don't want any compatibility issues.

Good question, if you find out can you please let me know?

Everyone receives an iPad first year, which is included in your tuition. They are used for taking exams and for some audience participation lectures, and yes, they're yours to keep. Beyond that, there is no strict computer requirement. For certain things that may require a desktop (VH Dissector in anatomy, etc), there are Mac and PC computer labs available, and computers in the library. However, it's definitely helpful to have your own computer for writing papers, taking notes, studying, etc. People have both Macs and PCs - you'd be fine with either.

Interviewed/Accepted applicants: Did you write something for the optional essay on the secondary or did you leave it blank?

Interviewed/Accepted applicants: Did you write something for the optional essay on the secondary or did you leave it blank?
Left it blank. Wasn't gonna write any more than necessary after all those secondaries :laugh:

I just got an interview invite from here around midnight last night. I'm so excited! Completely wrote off the possibility of this happening.

Got a call today to interview very soon! Could not be more excited. I sent a third letter to update Jeff on Monday. LizzyM~69 IS

Are they sending out decisions today? I remember them saying this week is spring break for the students, but I don't remember if that meant they are calling/emailing or not.

Are they sending out decisions today? I remember them saying this week is spring break for the students, but I don't remember if that meant they are calling/emailing or not.
I have no idea but will I be nervously checking my phone every 2 minutes at work today? Absolutely!

I was accepted off the HPWL last Friday. Very excited! I still haven't received an email and am not sure where to actually click accept...

Reactions: 2 users

I interviewed last week, and they said they would not be sending out decisions this week :(

I was accepted off the HPWL last Friday. Very excited! I still haven't received an email and am not sure where to actually click accept...

Do you mind sharing when you interviewed/were waitlisted? I'm on the HPWL and wanted to get a general idea of when to expect for a decision.

Long shot, but does anyone think an "in the area" email will have a positive effect at this point in the cycle?

Long shot, but does anyone think an "in the area" email will have a positive effect at this point in the cycle?

I did it and actually did get an interview for the week I was in Pennsylvania for another interview. You don't really have anything to lose at this point in the game, that's how I saw it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I did it and actually did get an interview for the week I was in Pennsylvania for another interview. You don't really have anything to lose at this point in the game, that's how I saw it.
Congrats! yeah I dont think they will be less likely to send me an II :)
It's worth a shot, although, to be completely honest, there are only 4-6 more interview days this cycle; most of them are probably already filled up.
Thank you for your candor. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I emailed the request.

Last edited:
OMG WHAT just got invited to interview in April??? I had given up hope for myself this cycle this is like Christmas morning but better!

Reactions: 18 users
Interviewed in September, but I don't know the rhyme or reason. I sent an update letter in 2 weeks ago. Good luck!

Do you mind sharing when you interviewed/were waitlisted? I'm on the HPWL and wanted to get a general idea of when to expect for a decision.

OMG WHAT just got invited to interview in April??? I had given up hope for myself this cycle this is like Christmas morning but better!

If you don't mind, what dates are available in April? Portal still says "Decision Pending" and I want to know how late into April they interview. Thanks

Reactions: 2 users
AFAIK Jeff picks your interview date for you. There are no "dates available" for us to view, in that sense. Also, scroll up a bit and see that they have roughly 4-6 interview days left. They interview once a week on Wednesdays (I believe, might change at the end of the cycle?), so that would put us at mid-April for the last interview. It's probably a little fluid depending on their predicted matriculation.

Edit: spots -> days.

Last edited:
AFAIK Jeff picks your interview date for you. There are no "dates available" for us to view, in that sense. Also, scroll up a bit and see that they have roughly 4-6 interview spots left. They interview once a week on Wednesdays (I believe, might change at the end of the cycle?), so that would put us at mid-April for the last interview. It's probably a little fluid depending on their predicted matriculation.
That's days not spots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Are thank you notes required/preferred? Thanks