2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I just booked a plane leaving O'Hare at 7:30pm for an afternoon interview next week. Would that be cutting it a little too close? Are we allowed to leave a little before 5:30?

You'll be done at 5pm. There's a mini-social/snack event afterwards that you'll be able to leave at anytime. With traffic, it may be difficult getting there on time though

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

I just booked a plane leaving O'Hare at 7:30pm for an afternoon interview next week. Would that be cutting it a little too close? Are we allowed to leave a little before 5:30?

I also took an evening flight out of O'Hare after my afternoon interview and I made it to my flight on time; however, my flight was a 8:19pm. Whether or not you make it on time also depends on how you are getting to the airport from the school. I got a rental car and so I had to return the car first and then take a shuttle to the airport, which made me really nervous, but fortunately I made my flight. If you are taking a Lyft or Uber, I wager that you will get to the airport on time if you leave RFU by 5:30pm.

There is a transit station not too far away and you can take that all the way to the airport as well

Has anyone emailed this school for a status update? Or able to get information about their app? Been on hold since Sept...assumed rejection but who knows

Just got an II for the morning of 3/29. What's the best way to get to the school from the airport? I'm from LA so taking public transportation isn't my strong suit.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone get an accepted student's day invitation? I don't know what it is for though because I thought I was rejected post-II?

Can any current students comment on what a normal week is as a MS1? Like what hours is class held and whatnot.

Members don't see this ad :)
II for the morning of 3/29! Complete in October.

Just got an II for the morning of 3/29. What's the best way to get to the school from the airport? I'm from LA so taking public transportation isn't my strong suit.

We will all be there together! I will be at a hotel nearby and I found some of them have shuttle services to the school.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Awesome. Would you mind posting their response if and when you get one? .
Just heard back from Admissions today and I was told the following:

"... We have confirmed internally that we have received your background check and met this requirement. Fortunately we do not require a drug test for the Chicago Medical School, so you will not have to be concerned regarding that issue."

It seems that they won't notify you of your completion of the background check, you just have to submit one through Certphi and everything should be taken care of. I guess I am just anal retentive and had to double check :p

Reactions: 2 users
Just heard back from Admissions today and I was told the following:

"... We have confirmed internally that we have received your background check and met this requirement. Fortunately we do not require a drug test for the Chicago Medical School, so you will not have to be concerned regarding that issue."

It seems that they won't notify you of your completion of the background check, you just have to submit one through Certphi and everything should be taken care of. I guess I am just anal retentive and had to double check :p .
You're not the only one! I was very curious too! Thank you for the update. That's good to know. Have you sent them a copy of your transcripts or anything?

You're not the only one! I was very curious too! Thank you for the update. That's good to know. Have you sent them a copy of your transcripts or anything? .
Are we supposed to send them transcripts? I don't remember seeing that anywhere :oops:

Are we supposed to send them transcripts? I don't remember seeing that anywhere :oops:
I'm not sure honestly! I have friends that have been accepted to other medical schools that were having to do that! All I've done thus far is my background check! I'm assuming the same for you?

I'm actually a first year here. :) I went to Accepted Students Day last year since I live close by. I thought it was helpful seeing the school again and also talking to current/accepted students.

I think it depends on whether you're deciding between schools and how much it would cost for you to visit.
I know you mentioned you were a first year here, I was wondering if you could share what your class schedule is? Like what hours are you in lecture, lab, etc. Just trying to get an idea of what a normal week is like for a first year!

I know you mentioned you were a first year here, I was wondering if you could share what your class schedule is? Like what hours are you in lecture, lab, etc. Just trying to get an idea of what a normal week is like for a first year!

8-12 non-mandatory recorded lectures. Afternoon labs few times during the week (anatomy, histology, ECR) - mostly mandatory. This might be different for the incoming class - not sure when the curriculum changes.

Reactions: 2 users
8-12 non-mandatory recorded lectures. Afternoon labs few times during the week (anatomy, histology, ECR) - mostly mandatory. This might be different for the incoming class - not sure when the curriculum changes.
Thank you!

anyone know how many interview dates are left?

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone going right to the airport after the morning interview tomorrow and want to split an uber/taxi?

The apartments are objectively nicer

Large dogs

Just curious to hear your reasons for not wanting to live at navy housing, student housing, or Woodlands? I was looking into the Woodlands since it was so close to campus.

What tantacles said lol. I'd sacrifice proximity if it means comfortable living quarters lol. Maybe I'm a bit of a diva :$ buttt yeah. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What tantacles said lol. I'd sacrifice proximity if it means comfortable living quarters lol. Maybe I'm a bit of a diva :$ buttt yeah. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hey to each their own. I think I'd rather live closer and just walk to campus instead of having to drive each day, even if it meant having slightly less desirable living quarters, the Woodlands aren't that bad, right? Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Hey to each their own. I think I'd rather live closer and just walk to campus instead of having to drive each day, even if it meant having slightly less desirable living quarters, the Woodlands aren't that bad, right? Anybody else have any thoughts on this?
I heard that on campus housing has more amenities than woodlands. Not sure if this is true.

Just curious to hear your reasons for not wanting to live at navy housing, student housing, or Woodlands? I was looking into the Woodlands since it was so close to campus.
I'm leaning towards the woodlands just because of the proximity. I'm very interested in naval housing... but I'm not really sure how to go about applying for that? And I applied for housing in the student housing as well as the woodlands, I honestly don't know which of the two I would choose if I got the choice between the two.

I'm leaning towards the woodlands just because of the proximity. I'm very interested in naval housing... but I'm not really sure how to go about applying for that? And I applied for housing in the student housing as well as the woodlands, I honestly don't know which of the two I would choose if I got the choice between the two.
IDK how to choose between student housing or the Woodlands either. I hear that the student housing is very similar to Woodlands but from what I understand it is a bit more expensive. I actually haven't spoken to anyone yet who was living in student housing, and it would be really helpful if somebody could post if they or if they know anyone who lives there so they can tell us how student housing compares to woodlands, naval, other housing in the area, etc!

Is there a technology requirement for students? -- i.e. are there minimum computer requirements? preferred laptop or desktop computer that most students use? operating system? (Windows? iOS? Linux?)

I am looking to get a new laptop for school and I am currently a Mac user.

Is there a technology requirement for students? -- i.e. are there minimum computer requirements? preferred laptop or desktop computer that most students use? operating system? (Windows? iOS? Linux?)

I am looking to get a new laptop for school and I am currently a Mac user.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/rfums-bigtree/files/resources/studentpolicieshandbook_2015.pdf

Couldn't find it in the handbook, there probably isn't a minimum computer requirement and if you have a somewhat modern mac computer I really doubt it wouldn't meet the requirements.

IDK how to choose between student housing or the Woodlands either. I hear that the student housing is very similar to Woodlands but from what I understand it is a bit more expensive. I actually haven't spoken to anyone yet who was living in student housing, and it would be really helpful if somebody could post if they or if they know anyone who lives there so they can tell us how student housing compares to woodlands, naval, other housing in the area, etc!

Student housing for a double is significantly more expensive, but you get your own bathroom. Student housing for a single is at a comparable price. Might be a little bit more expensive on campus.

Large dogs

Anyone get any decision emails recently? Been 4 weeks since my interview... my impatience getting the better of me...

Got my II yesterday! Really surprised for hearing back so late. I got the verification email in November hah thought I had no shot since I applied so late

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted. Interviewed 3/2