2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
waitlisted. Interviewed 3/17.

Members don't see this ad.

I withdrew my acceptance here a while back. Does anybody have any ideas when we get the deposit refunded?

How long do we have to withdraw and still get deposit back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Frankly, it's terrible seeing all these negative outcomes. Hopefully we see something good come around soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting...haven't heard anything here and was a 3/3 interview.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Frankly, it's terrible seeing all these negative outcomes. Hopefully we see something good come around soon.

So, the last two years they've taken people off the waitlist end of march/ beginning of April. Since yesterday was their last interviews for a while, I am extremely hopeful for next week!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

So, the last two years they've taken people off the waitlist end of march/ beginning of April. Since yesterday was their last interviews for a while, I am extremely hopeful for next week!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Yesterday was the last interview?!?
Some people above got interview for April though...

Are we supposed to send them transcripts? I don't remember seeing that anywhere :oops:
Relax, everything that you need to do will be sent to you with plenty of time before it needs to get to them. They have quite a few incoming students they need to handle, they are going to send out multiple reminders for everything you need to do. It isn't like there will be some random thing you need to do that they fail to mention.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's up with the facebook group lol? Requested to join last week but still haven't been approved. I was hoping to start looking for potential roommates.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an email about the fb group.. maybe they'll actually start accepting our requests! Hellooooo RFU pls love us

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone comment at all about the general "vibe" they get from the student body at CMS? I Interviewed here 4 months ago and after visiting so many schools it all sort of starts to blur together. I think I remember thinking they were generally "laid back" and had an older average age. Although EVERY school said they were "laid back" so that sort of loses meaning... I noticed the average GPA is quite low too for incoming students, is that due to a lot of non-trads or what they look for in applicants?

I want to get as much info as possible for when I ultimately have to decide on a school, but I don't think I can get to the 2nd look day!

I've heard a lot of mixed messages about RFU just with past issues, vs. people who seem to be very happy with it so I feel like it's very difficult to figure things out. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an email about the fb group.. maybe they'll actually start accepting our requests! Hellooooo RFU pls love us

Just got same email moments after posting my previous comment here haha

Hey guys withdrew my app. Hope one of y'all stilling hoping to get one gets my interview!

Reactions: 7 users
I was finally accepted into the fb group this morning!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey did anyone who applied to Woodlands get their room assignment? I did, but not sure how to find out who my roommate is?!

Edit: it only gives you 5 days to confirm the room and pay the deposit.

I wonder how risky it is to hold off on submitting my application for a Woodlands apartment? I still don't know for sure what school I'll ultimately end up at and I don't want to be out $225 if I do end up somewhere else, but if I DO end up at RFU I don't want all the apartments to get snatched up either. Plus I have a dog so I specifically need one of the apartments that allow pets. Plus I would possibly like a med school student roommate.

Anyone know how quickly Woodlands gets filled up? Are there still plenty of options/ other people looking for roommates over the summer (May/June?)

I'm sorry. When were you complete? I'm still in limbo, but I think I'll be getting a rejection email (pre-II) soon, too...

I wonder how risky it is to hold off on submitting my application for a Woodlands apartment? I still don't know for sure what school I'll ultimately end up at and I don't want to be out $225 if I do end up somewhere else, but if I DO end up at RFU I don't want all the apartments to get snatched up either. Plus I have a dog so I specifically need one of the apartments that allow pets. Plus I would possibly like a med school student roommate.

Anyone know how quickly Woodlands gets filled up? Are there still plenty of options/ other people looking for roommates over the summer (May/June?)

Honestly, just invest the $225 and eat it if you can't come. Much better than being without housing. A friend of mine waited to put in deposits because she was waiting for other acceptances and ended up living in a hotel for two months.

Honestly, just invest the $225 and eat it if you can't come. Much better than being without housing. A friend of mine waited to put in deposits because she was waiting for other acceptances and ended up living in a hotel for two months.
Wow alright thanks for the response! You're right putting it into perspective $225 is worth it for securing a preferred living situation for school. I'll go ahead and fill out the application.

I'm in the exact same situation... I called Woodlands and they said all of the single bedroom apartments are full, but seems like there are still a lot of two bedroom apartments available. Still, don't want to be out on the streets come August if I do end up here. If you sign a contract and then end up not going, do you just lose the deposit?

I'm in the exact same situation... I called Woodlands and they said all of the single bedroom apartments are full, but seems like there are still a lot of two bedroom apartments available. Still, don't want to be out on the streets come August if I do end up here. If you sign a contract and then end up not going, do you just lose the deposit?

There are nice one bedrooms at forest pointe :). Yes further but you get in suite laundry etc!! And privacy.

Okay honest question here guys: Can somebody please explain the difference between student housing and the Woodlands? I know the distances are essentially the same and student housing is more expensive. What else is the difference after that??

Okay honest question here guys: Can somebody please explain the difference between student housing and the Woodlands? I know the distances are essentially the same and student housing is more expensive. What else is the difference after that??

Student housing is owned by the school and always has two bathrooms per two bedroom. Cable included. Woodlands is not owned by the school and you may only have one bathroom in a two bedroom apartment.

Student housing is owned by the school and always has two bathrooms per two bedroom. Cable included. Woodlands is not owned by the school and you may only have one bathroom in a two bedroom apartment.

RFU actually just bought Woodlands this past year. I don't think much has changed though, except that now it's only for students.

It looks like there's more amenities: Community Amenities

Last edited:
Yulp, that's the whole point of the deposit haha. It's worth $225 for the security though IMO. Better to just play it safe. I'd kick myself a lot harder for ending up not being able to live where I want than I will for just losing a $225 deposit if I pick a different school!

I was complete in July and first week of August received a "we are behind at the moment but guarantee a response within 8-10 weeks". That was the last e-mail I ever received from Rosalind Franklin. +pissed+

Moment of silence for all of our brethren and sisters riding this same train :banana::banana:

interview invite today

Reactions: 6 users
interview invite today

Same here! Do we know if we are interviewing for the waitlist or are we interviewing for seats?

Did you select this Friday? If so, I look forward to meeting you!

Reactions: 3 users
Just received an interview invite! Wow in April too!

Reactions: 6 users
Rejection email just now OOS.

Good luck to those still waiting to hear back and congrats to those who just received an II!

Same here! Do we know if we are interviewing for the waitlist or are we interviewing for seats?

Did you select this Friday? If so, I look forward to meeting you!

There technically is no interviewing for the waitlist, anyone can be accepted outright at any time, and second, from my impression (and my own) you are only offered the one choice of interview date (usually sent friday for a friday, but looks like this was monday for friday)