2016-2017 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also know Someone else that got in today, I'm guessing this is just beginning and we'll see more acceptances throughout May and June

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I also got accepted here today! Was not expecting it at all. I sent a pretty detailed, heartfelt letter of interest a few weeks ago. So excited :) will likely be attending

Reactions: 3 users
Admitted at 8:57 this morning! Extremely excited. However, I am in a bit of a dilemma. I have a full-ride at Carver College of Medicine but love the more robust opportunities afforded to WCMC students. Any opinions on what I should do in this situation? And congrats to all and keep the faith those of you still on the waitlist :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Admitted at 8:57 this morning! Extremely excited. However, I am in a bit of a dilemma. I have a full-ride at Carver College of Medicine but love the more robust opportunities afforded to WCMC students. Any opinions on what I should do in this situation? And congrats to all and keep the faith those of you still on the waitlist :D

I'm in a similar dilemma, wondering what financial aid would look like at Weill

Do people know if we actually need to use 2016 tax returns for financial aid? I already have FAFSA/CSS filled out with 2015 return info

Reactions: 1 user
Do people know if we actually need to use 2016 tax returns for financial aid? I already have FAFSA/CSS filled out with 2015 return info

Yeah you do. I had all my 2015 info submitted (like every other school requires...) and they emailed me asking for 2016.

Yeah you do. I had all my 2015 info submitted (like every other school requires...) and they emailed me asking for 2016.

Haha great, thought I was done with that stuff...I guess I'll get to it then. Thanks!

Haha great, thought I was done with that stuff...I guess I'll get to it then. Thanks!

Yeah I already submitted it with the 2015 stuff like a month ago because no other school specified 2016, and I wanted to get it out of the way in case I got accepted. Now we have to scram to refill it I guess.

Hey! Weirdly enough, I also found myself in this same position with the full ride, except I was accepted to WCMC originally (not WL). Two very AMAZING schools and it was a hard choice, but I ended up picking Carver. Did a lot of research and talked to many medical professionals, don't want to bore everyone with details so message me if you'd like to hear what my thought process was.

Hi, I was recently accepted and now need to fill out 2016 as well. However, FAFSA only allows us to fill out 2015 filed tax informs, correct? Am I not seeing something? How do we submit for 2016? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi, I was recently accepted and now need to fill out 2016 as well. However, FAFSA only allows us to fill out 2015 filed tax informs, correct? Am I not seeing something? How do we submit for 2016? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Fill out FAFSA with 2015 info, but submit your 2016 tax forms to the school.

Fill out FAFSA with 2015 info, but submit your 2016 tax forms to the school.

Oh so we don't need to redo FAFSA or CSS with updated 2016 figures? Just send in the 2016 forms to the office?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's correct!

Perfect thanks!

Also another question...maybe current students know better, but do you need to stay in Olin for the whole academic year or could I leave half way through to move into an apartment? From the housing website FAQ it sounds like you can do that as long as you give 30 day notice

Perfect thanks!

Also another question...maybe current students know better, but do you need to stay in Olin for the whole academic year or could I leave half way through to move into an apartment? From the housing website FAQ it sounds like you can do that as long as you give 30 day notice
You can. It won't be to a Cornell apt, you have to wait the whole year but if you want to move out of Olin there isn't a lease, just 30day botice

does anyone have any guesses as to when the next wave of acceptances from the WL will come?
last year was may 4, then may 9

Does anyone know what the deal is with the iPad that Weill provides its first year students? I'm contemplating buying a tablet, but I'm not sure if Weill gives its students an iPad at a discount or what?

Does anyone know what the deal is with the iPad that Weill provides its first year students? I'm contemplating buying a tablet, but I'm not sure if Weill gives its students an iPad at a discount or what?

You get an iPad, cover, and wireless keyboard from the school. All have warranty in case it's lost/damaged

Is it compounded to our loan tho? Or is it free? Lol

It is not a separate charge, but is probably accounted for in your tuition. Either way, they give it to you for "free" and you have to use it. Don't waste money on another tablet.

That's correct!

Do we receive any confirmation once the supplemental form is sent through "File Transfer"? I only had a copy sent to my email but did not get any confirmation that the files were delivered. How long does it take? (Tried calling the office about this but went to VM, so posting here)

Question for current students: What kind of stuff do we have to do before orientation week? I'm assuming immunization records have to be in, but is there anything else I should prepare for?

Just accepted off the waitlist!!!!!!!!!! Beyond ecstatic

Reactions: 4 users
to those accepted off the waitlist, are any of you still undecided about accepting weill? also, have any of u decided on another school instead? thanks and congrats!!!!!

congrats! did you write a letter of intent or interest?
Yes! Wrote a letter of intent in March shortly after being waitlisted and sent an update letter last week with a real update+reiterating my desire to attend

Reactions: 1 users
How did people go about withdrawing? via email (and to whom) or by actually physically sending back the letter with the "decline offer" checked?

Hi! Are any current students willing to talk to me about their experiences at Weill? Thanks so much in advance.

Hi! Are any current students willing to talk to me about their experiences at Weill? Thanks so much in advance.

Hey, if you have been accepted we have a Class of 2021 facebook group where current students would be more than happy to answer your questions. Other students have also asked questions so you could check out those discussions as well.

Last year they have had waitlist movement until the end of June I think, so keep your chin up

Reactions: 2 users
Are those sent to the admissions-update email or the normal admissions email?

wcmc-admissions

They acknowledged my letters and added to my file. Wasn't even aware that there was a separate email more specific for updates

The automated reply from the admissions update email basically says the same thing so I'm sure it's no big deal. Hopefully they're still reading and considering them!

The automated reply from the admissions update email basically says the same thing so I'm sure it's no big deal. Hopefully they're still reading and considering them!

Yup! Really hoping the same too! Best of luck to all of us still remaining on the WL!

Reactions: 2 users