2017-2018 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! Anyone know the list of matriculation documents needed and the due dates?
They will mail you about it on or about February 2018...Congratulations!!!

Members don't see this ad.

December 15 for 2 signed documents and $1000.
What documents are we talking about? I didn't send in any documents, just a deposit, so I'm a little concerned now.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
What documents are we talking about? I didn't send in any documents, just a deposit, so I'm a little concerned now.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

???????????? What????? I thought it was $2000 deposit???? a little confused here....
Edited my original post. Wrong thread. I'm sorry for the confusion!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, How receptive would the ACOM interviewers be if I mentioned want to pursue research during med school? Does ACOM encourage research?

Hey guys, How receptive would the ACOM interviewers be if I mentioned want to pursue research during med school? Does ACOM encourage research?
They just opened a research lab and one of the faculty received grant money from the AHA for research. So yes, they will be receptive.

Reactions: 1 user
Any II recently? I was complete 10/18 and still waiting to hear back. Waitlisted last year :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I initially was put on the on the alternate list about a month ago and I just got a II! so there is still hope for those of you who have not heard back yet. However, earliest interview slots available are in early march. Keep your head up, the cycle is still going and will be for a while! I was complete about 2 months ago.

Just got a II today! Complete: 11/02/2017

Can any current students PM me a copy of your first year academic schedule week by week PDF? I saw one that existed for the 2016-2017 year and wanted to see what this years looked like!

Does anyone know what lectures are like? I’m currently at a DO SMP, DO students and biomedical students receive PowerPoint packets during class. So basically, the lecture is printed out before hand and passed out.

Is this how ACOM does it or is it textbook based or something else?

Does anyone know what lectures are like? I’m currently at a DO SMP, DO students and biomedical students receive PowerPoint packets during class. So basically, the lecture is printed out before hand and passed out.

Is this how ACOM does it or is it textbook based or something else?

PowerPoint based

At what point is it acceptable to contact the school if you haven't heard anything regarding an interview? I'm not sure what the etiquette on this is.

I just interviewed here, and I am extremely impressed and excited about this school. They are extremely honest, down to earth, and they have a great faculty, staff, student body, and amazing facilities and resources. I really hope to get an acceptance here. Seems to me to be a great school to attend.

Reactions: 2 users
I got my "decision in 3 weeks" email on October 17th and I still haven't heard anything from them. Is it safe to say that I have been silently rejected or put on hold?

I just interviewed here, and I am extremely impressed and excited about this school. They are extremely honest, down to earth, and they have a great faculty, staff, student body, and amazing facilities and resources. I really hope to get an acceptance here. Seems to me to be a great school to attend.

I interviewed today too, and I think I know which one was you! I enjoyed the day too, and really hope to get an acceptance! Solid program that I think will just continue to improve. I’m glad we don’t have to wait long to find out!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Haha! Yeah, my "fun fact" and my screen name kinda gave me away, huh? Lol

I got my "decision in 3 weeks" email on October 17th and I still haven't heard anything from them. Is it safe to say that I have been silently rejected or put on hold?
I'm thinking the same thing :/ I was complete 10/18

I'm thinking the same thing :/ I was complete 10/18
I emailed them after 4 weeks and they said they requested an interview for me, but I never received the email... I asked if they can send me the email so I can book an interview, but they have not responded yet. So maybe you should send an email!

I emailed them after 4 weeks and they said they requested an interview for me, but I never received the email... I asked if they can send me the email so I can book an interview, but they have not responded yet. So maybe you should send an email!
I just did, thank you so much for letting me know!! I hope that's my case as well.

Got an interview, not until after the new year though. If anyone has an earlier interview date and makes a decision on another school thus allowing me to get that date if you cancel interview would be much obliged! Thanks!

Can a third year comment on the quality of the rotations? I was impressed during the interviews, but want to hear the opinion of a student who's going through it themselves. Thanks!

Can a third year comment on the quality of the rotations? I was impressed during the interviews, but want to hear the opinion of a student who's going through it themselves. Thanks!

Depends on what site you're at. Some sites, the students to do a lot more. Other sites, the students do a lot less. Overall, I'm pleased with mine.

Depends on what site you're at. Some sites, the students to do a lot more. Other sites, the students do a lot less. Overall, I'm pleased with mine.

Ah ok, that's good to hear. By chance do you know the COMLEX 2 and 3 pass rates for ACOM?

Just got the acceptance call!! Interviewed 11/17. Caught me off guard too since my group was told the earliest would be tomorrow to hear back.

Reactions: 5 users
Just got wait listed! I'm pretty bummed, I really loved the school. Hopefully I'll be able to move off the wait list.

When did they say that there would be movement from the waitlist?
Not sure, but the email says that they will continually reassess your application now through August 2018. I heard rumors that they accept 35% to 50% of everyone off their wait list, but I'm not sure if that's true or not. Regardless, I'm trying to stay positive and hope for the best.

Withdrawing my acceptance here. I really think that ACOM is an outstanding school, but I was accepted to a school that is closer to home and family. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Withdrawing my acceptance here. I really think that ACOM is an outstanding school, but I was accepted to a school that is closer to home and family. Good luck to everyone!
Same with me! absolutely love this school and all it has to offer but got into a different school that i will be accepting. good luck to everyone who is on the wait list!!! keep your heads up!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone having difficulty logging in to pay the deposit? I e been trying for over a week, but haven’t called them yet since it’s not due until Dec. 14

Anyone having difficulty logging in to pay the deposit? I e been trying for over a week, but haven’t called them yet since it’s not due until Dec. 14
Yes, this just happened to me this week. I emailed Tech Support and they were able to fix it. If you interviewed a while ago, your login credentials have probably expired. Email support@acom. edu and include the username they gave you when you registered to interview. They were quick to get back to me with a new password.

Yes, this just happened to me this week. I emailed Tech Support and they were able to fix it. If you interviewed a while ago, your login credentials have probably expired. Email support@acom. edu and include the username they gave you when you registered to interview. They were quick to get back to me with a new password.
Awesome, thank you.

Accepted last week. I absolutely adored the campus and I was impressed by the faculty. I’ll be giving up my seat to ACOM to attend a medical school closer to home, and so I hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 3 users