2017-2018 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just Arrived in Dothan for the interview on 1/12!!!! Any other interviewees want to meet up? Also, I would love to meet some med students if they have some time!

Another question for med students or Dothan locals: any particular places I should see in Dothan (since I have all day today free)??

SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!

KBC downtown has good lunch/sandwiches. Home

If you're looking for southern food, Zack's is open only for lunch. Home - Zack's Family Restaurant - Great Southern Style Cooking

There's not that much going in Dothan right now, but this is what ACOM has on its website.
About Dothan – Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

II received on 1/10/18 for 1/26/18. Complete date was 11/16/17. LizzyM is 63.
They told me they are behind on sending IIs when I emailed them after the 3 weeks review. Hope this helps!

This definitely helps! I was complete around that time and haven't gotten any correspondence since the 3 week review email. Hopefully I get good news soon too! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
@moyamoya6

Those look great and just in time for lunch! I will probably head over to KBC (I don't have a car so I guess I will walk and get some exercise haha).
Yah, that's kinda the vibe I'm getting from Dothan, not much going on but just a super chill place to be.
Thanks for your insight!

Members don't see this ad :)
This definitely helps! I was complete around that time and haven't gotten any correspondence since the 3 week review email. Hopefully I get good news soon too! Good luck!

3 weeks is not a hard time limit. I got mine about a month after verified and here I am today in Dothan for my interview! Don't stress, you got this!

I am canceling my interview here on 1/26. Hope it goes to one of you guys! (Got into KCU and accepted offer)

Just Arrived in Dothan for the interview on 1/12!!!! Any other interviewees want to meet up? Also, I would love to meet some med students if they have some time!

Another question for med students or Dothan locals: any particular places I should see in Dothan (since I have all day today free)??

SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!

Congrats and good luck! Feel free to PM me if you have any last minute questions about the interview. I interviewed and was accepted in August and decided there and then that this was the school for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have an interview coming up here. Does the drive from Atlanta to dothan have any nice scenery to stop by? What attractaions are close by this region that are must see? Also a random question but are there any speeding cameras on the way from Atlanta or in dothan? I tend to have a lead foot unfortunately.

Is there COMLEX scores and pass rates of ACOM that we can see?

I have an interview coming up here. Does the drive from Atlanta to dothan have any nice scenery to stop by? What attractaions are close by this region that are must see? Also a random question but are there any speeding cameras on the way from Atlanta or in dothan? I tend to have a lead foot unfortunately.
You can Google map and select site to see
I was just getting ready to ask same...can't find anything online other than 2017 MATCH results. ..

You can Google map and select site to see

I was just getting ready to ask same...can't find anything online other than 2017 MATCH results. ..

They emailed it to us and the first time pass rate for 2019 was 93.7% and average COMLEX 1 was 515.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I will be withdrawing my application so hope one of you guys/gals get the spot. I got a great vibe from ACOM and wish everyone all the best!

So excited, kept checking the scheduler and was able to move my interview date up 2 months to this Friday!!

Reactions: 5 users
withdrew interview here, 1/19, due to acceptance at top choice. hope it goes to one of you guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any accepted students received any emails from ACOM recently? I'm wondering when they will send out matriculation packets.

Have any accepted students received any emails from ACOM recently? I'm wondering when they will send out matriculation packets.

I have not yet. I believe they said february first? I could be wrong, but I remember reading this somewhere.

I have not yet. I believe they said february first? I could be wrong, but I remember reading this somewhere.
Thanks! I guess I'll stop by this forum in February if I don't receive any communication from ACOM.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thanks! I guess I'll stop by this forum in February if I don't receive any communication from ACOM.

I’ve recieved a few things from a Travis and a Trina Skimper (I believe) in regards to financial aid, and filling out an electronic form. Recieved these since beginning of January.

I’ve recieved a few things from a Travis and a Trina Skimper (I believe) in regards to financial aid, and filling out an electronic form. Recieved these since beginning of January.
+1

Oh I got that too! Good to know I'm all caught up on things then.

Does anyone know if ACOM is still reviewing secondaries?

Interviewing tomorrow morning...I am so nervous, as this is my first Medical School Interview. I have prepared by practicing some of my answers as to why I want to be a Physician, and have looked over my secondary application.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewing tomorrow morning...I am so nervous, as this is my first Medical School Interview. I have prepared by practicing some of my answers as to why I want to be a Physician, and have looked over my secondary application.

Good luck, be yourself, and enjoy the day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Current first year. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

How’d it go?

Interviewed yesterday, wow I loved it! I really see why so many people fall in love with this school... The staff, faculty, and students are helpful and love it here, and you really feel it! Most comfortable interview so far. Can't wait to hear back, hoping for good news! :)

Giving up my spot here! It was a lovely school and any of you who end up here will not be disappointed I'm sure!

Has anyone from the January 12th interview group received a decision?

Hi there, current 4th year here. I'm sure some others have been around to answer questions, but if you have any hit me up and I'll do my best to answer them. Good luck to all. :)

Has anyone from the January 12th interview group received a decision?
I just interviewed on the 19th, and they said the admissions committee is meeting today for the January 12th group and the January 19th group because they had some issues with snow. They said that both groups will most likely hear back towards the end of this week.

They told me a few months ago they would make an decision to interview me or not within 3 weeks...does the silence mean no hahaha?

is it considered late if you're interviewing here in Feb/March?
I would disagree with the above and say that yes Feb/March is late. However, don't let that stop you from giving a killer interview.

I would disagree with the above and say that yes Feb/March is late. However, don't let that stop you from giving a killer interview.

Study for neuro exam buddy lol. I'm jk.

But i'm down for any question as well.

They told me a few months ago they would make an decision to interview me or not within 3 weeks...does the silence mean no hahaha?
Same... I just keep holding on to the fact I haven't gotten a rejection letter, so maybe that's good news.

Oh, hello to the waitlist again lol. Felt really good about this one.

Can any of the current students share anything about the dual MBA degree?

Interview Invite today 1/26 complete 12/1. Dates remaining are 3/23 and 4/6

Interview Invite today for the March date. completed 10/25. As I read the thread, I see that these dates are for waitlist acceptances? Anyone know how their waitlist moves? Does a good chunk get in? Thank you

II today! Complete earlier this month. For those keeping score, 2018-03-23 is the earliest available date for interviews. I hope everyone who hasn't heard hears soon!

Got the matriculation packet via email today. Pretty excited, med school is starting to feel real

Reactions: 4 users
Can any of the current students talk about whether it is possible to get by in Dothan without a car? I am from NYC so I am so used to walking everywhere, I am really trying to avoid bringing a car if I can. But my chances are bleak since Dothan doesn't have an Uber either. But generally are things walking distance or would you recommend that we absolutely do have a car?