2017-2018 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seems like the class is getting filled quick? anyone accepted mind sharing their stats?
Mine was 3.45 cGPA 3.3 sGPa (averaged from double major) and 503 MCAT. But I had no life because of my ECs in serving rural communities lol

Members don't see this ad.

502. 4.0. Tons of shadowing and volunteering with the underserved. Accepted on 8/29. Will be withdrawing tho soon. Hope the spot goes to someone who really wants it!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary about 2 weeks ago but my new MCAT score came out. How long does it usually take for them to get back to you?

I was not offered an interview spot about a month ago, but after my new MCAT score, they gave me secondary.
did you ever receive your II?

Has anyone gotten phone calls today/ do you think they are done calling candidates from October 20th since people from the 24th were already called as well?

Has anyone gotten phone calls today/ do you think they are done calling candidates from October 20th since people from the 24th were already called as well?
I haven't heard anything. I would guess they are probably done calling, but I could be wrong. Maybe we got waitlisted though?

Yes! I interview Dec 5

ETA: secondary app fee was confirmed 10/16 and II was sent 10/19
do you mind sharing your stats?

I got my confirmation on 10/16 too but haven't received an II yet.

Hey everyone! Anyone interviewing tomorrow as well?! I am so excited to see this school, as I've heard great things about its campus, students, faculty and staff

do you mind sharing your stats?

I got my confirmation on 10/16 too but haven't received an II yet.
sGPA 3.3, cGPA 3.4, mcat 501
I only have a years worth of ECs but as a ft working parent (BSEE 2012) I'm a very non traditional student, think my location and ties to the school helped me out a bit.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you submit your primary application?
June. My mcat was originally scheduled for July but I had to move it back to September which delayed getting the secondary until my mcat score was released.

Waitlist letter today in the mail, interviewed October 20th :(

Waitlist letter today in the mail, interviewed October 20th :(
Hey, don't be discouraged!!! I interviewed that day too, but I have yet to receive anything in the mail yet. Reading through last years thread, tons of people were accepted off the waitlist and I'm pretty sure everyone who was on the waitlist was eventually accepted! You're in a much better position than those that get rejected and I'm sure you'll get accepted later down the road, you are just going to have to wait a lot longer than most people!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey, don't be discouraged!!! I interviewed that day too, but I have yet to receive anything in the mail yet. Reading through last years thread, tons of people were accepted off the waitlist and I'm pretty sure everyone who was on the waitlist was eventually accepted! You're in a much better position than those that get rejected and I'm sure you'll get accepted later down the road, you are just going to have to wait a lot longer than most people!
I 10000% agree with this. I know it's hard to see the positive about it, but if you have to be put on a waitlist this is the school you want it to be. :)

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrawing my acceptance from here, interviewed first day of September. Great school with an amazing facility and some of the nicest staff/students I've ever met. I hope the spot goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 1 user
Cancelled my interview here for December 8th due to an acceptance elsewhere. Good luck everyone, hope someone gets my open spot!

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Just got the letter today, I was waitlisted! Definitely excited about the possibility of going here! Hopefully I’ll be joining those of you who were accepted before next year starts!

Reactions: 2 users
What does it mean to be "pre-accredited" I tried to look it up but am having no luck. Does this concern anyone?

What does it mean to be "pre-accredited" I tried to look it up but am having no luck. Does this concern anyone?
They haven't graduated a class yet since they're a new school so they aren't technically accredited yet.

They are a brand new school. Their first class just started this August, so this is only their second cycle. Before a school can get fully accredited, they get pre-accredited until their first class graduate, then they get reviewed based on the level their students perform for full accreditation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Thanks guys that makes sense, but what is the difference between pre-accredited and provisional accreditation? Also, what happens to the students if something goes sideways?

Thanks guys that makes sense, but what is the difference between pre-accredited and provisional accreditation? Also, what happens to the students if something goes sideways?
Got this info straight from a pdf from COCA by Googling pre vs provisional accreditation.
-Pre-accreditation status is the second step in seeking accreditation by an applicant COM and is
conferred with the privilege of recognition by the COCA, which will be publicly announced. Pre-
accreditation status may be granted to COMs that demonstrate the planning and resources necessary
to be expected to be able to proceed to Provisional accreditation within five (5) years.
-Provisional accreditation status will be reviewed for renewal annually by the COCA six to eight
months prior to the initial day of classes and then concurrent with the academic progress of the first-
, second-, and third-year classes of the COM. In order to obtain continuing provisional accreditation
status for the second and each subsequent year of provisional accreditation status, the COM will
demonstrate that it meets the standards of accreditation as described in Chapter I through annual
submission of an updated Self-Study, and an on-site visit.

Got this info straight from a pdf from COCA by Googling pre vs provisional accreditation.
-Pre-accreditation status is the second step in seeking accreditation by an applicant COM and is
conferred with the privilege of recognition by the COCA, which will be publicly announced. Pre-
accreditation status may be granted to COMs that demonstrate the planning and resources necessary
to be expected to be able to proceed to Provisional accreditation within five (5) years.
-Provisional accreditation status will be reviewed for renewal annually by the COCA six to eight
months prior to the initial day of classes and then concurrent with the academic progress of the first-
, second-, and third-year classes of the COM. In order to obtain continuing provisional accreditation
status for the second and each subsequent year of provisional accreditation status, the COM will
demonstrate that it meets the standards of accreditation as described in Chapter I through annual
submission of an updated Self-Study, and an on-site visit.

Love that info, I found the pre- but didn't find the provisional one. thanks for that!

Hi guys just letting yall know I just got call this evening that I have been accepted into this med school. Interviewed Oct 31st!! ^___^

Reactions: 10 users
Just got the acceptance phone call!!! :banana: I interviewed October 31st!

Reactions: 9 users
Anyone interviewing November 21? the Tuesday before Thanksgiving?

For those of you who have already heard back after interviews - Does ARCOM only give phone calls to those who are accepted? Thank you!

For those of you who have already heard back after interviews - Does ARCOM only give phone calls to those who are accepted? Thank you!
They told us during the interview that those who are accepted will get a phone call, and the ones that are waitlisted will get a letter through the mail. I don't think they reject applicants post interview (not sure about this one).

They told us during the interview that those who are accepted will get a phone call, and the ones that are waitlisted will get a letter through the mail. I don't think they reject applicants post interview (not sure about this one).
Thank you so much! Today is the day the admissions staff said they'd call for our interview batch; I'm slightly freaking out Haha

Thank you so much! Today is the day the admissions staff said they'd call for our interview batch; I'm slightly freaking out Haha
Have you heard anything yet? I interviewed on 11/3 and they told us today we might receive a call.

Last edited:
Hi there! I interviewed that day too. No, I haven't heard anything yet - E-mail, phone, or mail. It's so nerve wracking!

Out of curiosity, how close is ARCOM at filling their incoming class?

Wait listed :(((((((( really bummed I really liked this school

Wait listed :(((((((( really bummed I really liked this school
Aw, I hope you get in eventually! At least it isn't a rejection. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. When did you interview? I am waiting on a decision currently, and it is making me anxious!

Has anyone got the acceptance call this week?

Not as of yet, interviewed on the 3rd... :/
Don't you worry! 14 days right?! :) you still have 2 days remaining :) I know it's tough, but relax and try not to think about it. Whatever is meant to happen, will!

Will ARCOM rescind my acceptance if I get a C in one of my courses? This semester I am planning on having 2 A's a B and a C (from four 3-credit hour classes).

Will ARCOM rescind my acceptance if I get a C in one of my courses? This semester I am planning on having 2 A's a B and a C (from four 3-credit hour classes).
I think as long as you have a C or better in all your classes you'll be fine, but it's always better to check with admissions. Personally though, I wouldn't be concerned about it