2017-2018 Creighton University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a FB page?
There will definitely be one however I am not sure if it has been created yet. The group for our class (current M1 class) was created around march.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What time does the Dutch dinner end? My current flight out leaves at 825.... is it possible to go for a little and still make that flight?

Members don't see this ad :)
What time does the Dutch dinner end? My current flight out leaves at 825.... is it possible to go for a little and still make that flight?
I believe it's from 5:30PM-7PM, but you can leave whenever. The Omaha airport is very small so you'll be fine on time.

Just confirming as Threat Level Midnight said, M0 dinners typically begin at 5:30. Farthest distance you'd be from air port is probably 20 minutes with poor traffic. Drive time from this upcoming weeks location will likely be about 15 minutes from restaurant to the airport.

For omaha airport, I'd say you could comfortably get there an hour or perhaps even 30-45 minutes before your flight leaves and be okay. Small airport, TSA is likely less than 10 minutes. Not very hard at all to find your gate.

High Yield: If you fly out at 8:30pm, you could comfortable go to M0 for 1-1.5 hours, uber/drive to airport, and easily catch your flight!

For omaha airport, I'd say you could comfortably get there an hour or perhaps even 30-45 minutes before your flight leaves and be okay. Small airport, TSA is likely less than 10 minutes. Not very hard at all to find your gate.

Last edited:
Just confirming as Threat Level Midnight said, M0 dinners typically begin at 5:30. Farthest distance you'd be from air port is probably 20 minutes with poor traffic. Drive time from this upcoming weeks location will likely be about 15 minutes from restaurant to the airport.

High Yield: If you fly out at 8:30pm, you could comfortable go to M0 for 1-1.5 hours, uber/drive to airport, and easily catch your flight!
Thank you! I will plan on attending the dinner then!

Does anyone know if there is ever movement from the alternate list before the date in April that they specify they do a review of alternates?

If I got an II, should I assume that they don't mind that I haven't taken a course in the last 15 months? I work in research and I wonder if they are overlooking my coursework gap due to that.

If I got an II, should I assume that they don't mind that I haven't taken a course in the last 15 months? I work in research and I wonder if they are overlooking my coursework gap due to that.
If you get accepted it will be a condition of acceptance.

Not sure, but I sort of hope so. They told me they only WLed me because they wanted my fall semester grades which hadnt been released yet, but they are my top choice.

I hope they are able to make a change, but I doubt it. Maybe Ill skim last years thread

They only reviewed people twice last year, December and April after the deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you get accepted it will be a condition of acceptance.
  • Recent Courses:
    Preference for admission will be given to applicants who have completed an advanced level science course within 15 months of matriculation.
This is how it's described on their website..... is there somewhere else that they talk about this?

• Recent Courses:
    Preference for admission will be given to applicants who have completed an advanced level science course within 15 months of matriculation.
This is how it's described on their website..... is there somewhere else that they talk about this?
I believe chloeevangeline is correct. I would plan on acceptance with condition of completing a course before august. If this is the case, they will either allow you to take at a university convenient for you or give you examples of acceptable online courses you can take (I want to say something about a course through the university of New England? but could be completely wrong, just off the top of my head).

I DO know for a fact that creighton does utilize conditional acceptances.

Not sure, but I sort of hope so. They told me they only WLed me because they wanted my fall semester grades which hadnt been released yet, but they are my top choice.

I hope they are able to make a change, but I doubt it. Maybe Ill skim last years thread

Update that bad boy and send those grades in! than just keep your head up!

Hey guys, how formal is this M0 dinner? Suit and tie or business casual is okay?

Still don’t have my grades
My University is slower than molasses.
I’m sending them as soon as I get them!

I believe chloeevangeline is correct. I would plan on acceptance with condition of completing a course before august. If this is the case, they will either allow you to take at a university convenient for you or give you examples of acceptable online courses you can take (I want to say something about a course through the university of New England? but could be completely wrong, just off the top of my head).

I DO know for a fact that creighton does utilize conditional acceptances.
If this is the case, they are doing a disservice to applicants by being unclear with their requirements. Preference and requirement are massively different things.

Has anyone that interviewed 1/26 heard anything yet?? I believe they said the committee was making their final decisions on 2/7, and the "Thank you for interviewing" message is now gone from my check status page in the secondary portal. Fingers crossed!

If this is the case, they are doing a disservice to applicants by being unclear with their requirements. Preference and requirement are massively different things.

I'd encourage you to reach out to the creighton admissions committee for clarity on this issue. I could absolutely be wrong and that it is in fact a preference and not a requirement. However, if it is infact only a preference, think it is a preference that is "highly encouraged."

Our admissions team is usually very helpful and quick in replying so I'd encourage you to reach out to further clarify this situation as my knowledge of this specific situation is limited. Report back with what you find out so other applicants who may be in this position can be aware. :)

I got an II today, just thought I would let you guys know! I'll likely withdraw my app though; hope it'll go to one of you waiting :)

Reactions: 2 users
Are any of you guys going to second look day in Phoenix?

II just now! Complete 7/13. Any tips for interview day would be greatly appreciated :)

Reactions: 1 users
II just now! Complete 7/13. Any tips for interview day would be greatly appreciated :)
Congrats on the II! When I interviewed both were very conversational/get-to-know-you. They do a great job of showing you the school and you get a lot of chances to talk with current students. My best advice would be review your application materials, know why Creighton, etc. and most of all be yourself!

Congrats on the II! When I interviewed both were very conversational/get-to-know-you. They do a great job of showing you the school and you get a lot of chances to talk with current students. My best advice would be review your application materials, know why Creighton, etc. and most of all be yourself!
Thanks so much will definitely keep that in mind :)

I'd encourage you to reach out to the creighton admissions committee for clarity on this issue. I could absolutely be wrong and that it is in fact a preference and not a requirement. However, if it is infact only a preference, think it is a preference that is "highly encouraged."

Our admissions team is usually very helpful and quick in replying so I'd encourage you to reach out to further clarify this situation as my knowledge of this specific situation is limited. Report back with what you find out so other applicants who may be in this position can be aware. :)
I am withdrawing. The admissions team was rather unwilling to discuss my personal situation. I'd suggest they clarify their stance on the website. They even misspelled my name in their reply.

They were unhelpful in regards to my question on the previous page as well. A little disappointed.

Interviewing tomorrow morning 2/16! Good luck to everyone else who'll be there tomorrow with me!

Interviewing tomorrow morning 2/16! Good luck to everyone else who'll be there tomorrow with me!

Let us know how it goes! I’m interviewing in March and would love some insight! Good luck!

II invite. OMG. Hopefully it turns out good.

Reactions: 4 users
II invite. OMG. Hopefully it turns out good.
Congrats! Do you know how long they interview for based on dates you saw etc? I updated them a decent amount on the portal and haven't been rejected yet but who knows

Congrats! Do you know how long they interview for based on dates you saw etc? I updated them a decent amount on the portal and haven't been rejected yet but who knows
Heard that they interview till March. My date was March16. Could be one of the last few days. Reach out to them personally through email or phone maybe that would help.

Hey all! I received an acceptance here back in January, but it was conditional because I need to take an Intro to Stats course and get a B. I am currently halfway through the course and its going well and I am on track to get an A. However, playing devil's advocate here, let's say I poop the bed on the final and do not get the B. How lenient is Creighton with this? Would they outright reject me or allow me to take it as a student of creighton or something? If anyone has any input, I would really appreciate it.

In addition, is anyone going to the day with the jays in Omaha? Is this an accepted students day basically?

Lastly, is there any facebook group?

Thank you for any and all help you guys can give me!! Good luck to everyone!

Hi I had a quick question, I was accepted into Creighton and was just wondering when is the deadline to file for FASFA and if I need to report just my information or my parents info as well. Thanks!

Hi I had a quick question, I was accepted into Creighton and was just wondering when is the deadline to file for FASFA and if I need to report just my information or my parents info as well. Thanks!
Just your info, unless you are applying for a primary care scholarship

Does anyone know how late Creighton is interviewing till?

Does it mean anything if the "Thank you for interviewing..." message disappeared from my portal?

So, I got accepted to Creighton for next year and was wondering if it was okay for me to get a C+ in an upper-level psych class that is not part of any requirements for Creighton?

Does it mean anything if the "Thank you for interviewing..." message disappeared from my portal?

I received my decision the day after the message disappeared from my portal! :)

Does anyone think that if I haven't heard anything yet since my file was complete way back at the end of August, I probably won't be getting an interview? I'm really disappointed I haven't gotten an interview as I really liked this school and I thought my secondary was great :(

Does anyone think that if I haven't heard anything yet since my file was complete way back at the end of August, I probably won't be getting an interview? I'm really disappointed I haven't gotten an interview as I really liked this school and I thought my secondary was great :(

They interview pretty late. Send them an update, and include any new community service. Its late, but you might still have a chance!

I sent them an update/interest letter and they responded and said they’d add it to my file and that a final decision hasn’t been made on my app as they are planning to interview through March

I sent them an update/interest letter and they responded and said they’d add it to my file and that a final decision hasn’t been made on my app as they are planning to interview through March
did you email it to them or upload it through the portal?