2017-2018 Creighton University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Been surviving on the recent rejection trail so far. Hoping for a good news.

Reactions: 3 users
How was your interview? I'm interviewing this Friday. Did you attend the dinner on Friday night?

It was really relaxed! There is definitely nothing to worry about, this was by far the most relaxed interview I had. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. I did not attend the dinner but wish I had.

Reactions: 1 users
It was really relaxed! There is definitely nothing to worry about, this was by far the most relaxed interview I had. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. I did not attend the dinner but wish I had.
That's what I heard and am really looking forward to Friday. Did they say when you would be hearing back??? It looks like they haven't sent out too many acceptances. I'm hoping are still plenty of seats in the class:) Good luck!!:)

That's what I heard and am really looking forward to Friday. Did they say when you would be hearing back??? It looks like they haven't sent out too many acceptances. I'm hoping are still plenty of seats in the class:) Good luck!!:)
They said they are 1 week behind on there committee. We will know by either February 5th or February 6th depending if there's another snow day. They said that they still have a lot of acceptances to give out. They also said that the waitlist only gets reviewed twice a year so those of us who interview this semester if we get put on the waitlist it won't be reviewed again until May.

Reactions: 1 user
They said they are 1 week behind on there committee. We will know by either February 5th or February 6th depending if there's another snow day. They said that they still have a lot of acceptances to give out. They also said that the waitlist only gets reviewed twice a year so those of us who interview this semester if we get put on the waitlist it won't be reviewed again until May.
That's great.....glad we won't have to wait too long for our decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Excited for an upcoming interview with Creighton!! Anyone know where we need to meet/go to at the start of the interview day at 8am? Is this listed on the emails they sent out/on their website?

Also, does anyone have an itinerary of how interview day goes? Thanks!

They send you an itinerary addressing where to meet in the morning and outlining the day 1-2 weeks prior to your interview.

Excited for an upcoming interview with Creighton!! Anyone know where we need to meet/go to at the start of the interview day at 8am? Is this listed on the emails they sent out/on their website?

Also, does anyone have an itinerary of how interview day goes? Thanks!

tell them im still waiting for my II while youre there

Reactions: 4 users
Where did your interview day start out at 8am? Was it within the medical school? Trying to plan out travel arrangements!

So I have not had mine yet, as it is this coming Friday (woohoo!), but as our premed sloth colleague mentioned, it begins at the Mike and Josie Harper Center, which is very close to the medical center. It looks like the day ends around 3pm, and then the student dinner is in the evening, although they haven't given us any details about that and I don't think they will until interview day. Hope this helps!

Thanks for letting me know & good luck with upcoming interview(s)!

The Mike and Josie Harper center is the building of the business School which is on the main campus. You will walk in to the entrance by the big flaming torch thing and there should be a welcome desk. Your going to go to up the stairs to the right like 2 floors and there will be signs/people waiting for you on that landing.

Id just like to clarify as someone else said it was "close to the medical center"
The Criss building (which houses the lecture halls, anatomy labs, and small group areas for M1 and M2) is also on the main campus although a short 5-10 minute walk from the Harper center. A short distance away from the criss building (within walking distance although you will be bused there I believe) is the Health Science Library (you dont get to go and see) and the simulation center (which you should get to see if you're a Friday interview.) Our Hospital (main one being Bergan mercy), is NOT located on campus and I do not believe you will see this. If you would like do a drive bye to see it during your visit, it is a 10-15 minute drive west of the Creighton campus.

For those that got off the waitlist, did your "A decision has been made on your application" disappear right before you were taken off?

For anyone that interviewed 1/13, do you remember when they said they would contact us?

Anyone know when second look is?

Withdrawing my acceptance, good luck guys.

For anyone that interviewed 1/13, do you remember when they said they would contact us?
Yes, they said they were meeting on the 23rd and that we should expect to hear decisions on Jan 29.

Yes, they said they were meeting on the 23rd and that we should expect to hear decisions on Jan 29.
I interviewed with you guys :)
This is my top choice so I’m very excited but also anxious for Monday!

Does anyone know if they are still pulling people off the wait list this month or if they have reviewed all of the wait listed applicants already?

Does anyone know if they are still pulling people off the wait list this month or if they have reviewed all of the wait listed applicants already?

They review the waitlist twice, once in January and once in May. I assume that the January review is over already

Accepted via portal, haven't received an email yet but thought you might want to know!

Edit: just received the email like two minutes later

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted, interviewed 01/13. First MD acceptance! #blessed

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know when the last interviews are? I recently submitted an update last week, and I hope that I'm not too late (I had to wait for it to be set in stone before I could send an update). I've been complete since July and have had the "Your secondary application is complete and is ready to be reviewed for interview purposes." message for the longest time.

Hanging on to a shred of hope for an II from
Creighton. I have worked at their Phoenix affiliate hospital as an ED scribe for almost four years and their students have me so hyped for this program. I would love to be part of this community.

Congrats to those recently interviewed and accepted and I can shed some light on the Phoenix hospital and it’s surrounding area for those who might have questions about cost of living etc. PM me :)

Does anyone know about how many kids they accept per interview/how many they waitlist

Did anyone who interviewed here bring a portfolio?

For those accepted students, did you get emails about Day with the Jays programs? If so, do you see where to RSVP on the portal? Can't seem to find it if it's even there at all.

For those accepted students, did you get emails about Day with the Jays programs? If so, do you see where to RSVP on the portal? Can't seem to find it if it's even there at all.

Couldnt find the RSVP link either ..

For anyone who got waitlisted, did your portal change at all to indicate that? I'm going to hear back next week and I'm trying to decide if my portal is giving me any clues as to my status...

Mine changed the day of our decision, about 15 minutes before I got my email.
What’s up on your portal?

Mine changed the day of our decision, about 15 minutes before I got my email.
What’s up on your portal?
Actually, I'm sorry I just looked at it wrong. I didn't see the various update sections but I found them in a different place so they must have just changed they're layout or something like that. My bad! Thanks for trying to help though!

Did anyone who interviewed here bring a portfolio?

When I interviewed I brought a leather portfolio to hold a CV, (you don't need to bring one they have open interviews) and a note pad (which I used to write down facts of interest or questions I wanted to ask during the interview. You will receive a folder with educational material at check-in so you will also have that.
It is by no means required but if you have a nice portfolio, I'd bring it.

Does anyone know about how many kids they accept per interview/how many they waitlist
I don't believe that they release this data but you can always contact admissions directly. What we do know is total# of interviewees and acceptances given out in previous years. I also believe (could be wrong) that they are attempting to interview more students than previous years this application cycle. If true, this would mean that the # of kids accepted per interview would be lower, and the number of students taken off waitlist might be lower.

These factors are also dependent on M0 acceptance commitment. If we accept lots of students who don't come here, waitlist is more likely.

What I can tell you is that in my M1 class there are several students who were accepted off the waitlist, so there is definitely hope! Also, I had a later interview last cycle and we were told we were interviewing for acceptances, not waitlist so I believe they do reserved acceptance spots to the end.

Hope this helps!

I received an II today. The dates left were 2/16, 3/2, and 3/16 for anyone wondering.

Reactions: 2 users
Does the portal update from saying:

"Thank you for submitting your secondary application. Your file will now be reviewed to ensure you have submitted letters of recommendation that meet Creighton University's admission requirements. Please review Creighton's letters of recommendation requirements. This process usually takes 3-4 weeks to complete. We appreciate your patience. The Office of Medical Admissions will notify you by email once your application is complete. However, you are free to check your status via this site at your leisure."

Or does this indicate that there was a problem with my letters? Complete august.

Does the portal update from saying:

"Thank you for submitting your secondary application. Your file will now be reviewed to ensure you have submitted letters of recommendation that meet Creighton University's admission requirements. Please review Creighton's letters of recommendation requirements. This process usually takes 3-4 weeks to complete. We appreciate your patience. The Office of Medical Admissions will notify you by email once your application is complete. However, you are free to check your status via this site at your leisure."

Or does this indicate that there was a problem with my letters? Complete august.

i called the admissions office with that same question a few months ago, and a woman with whom i spoke said that my application was indeed considered complete. just my experience though! perhaps you can call as well to check?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile