2017-2018 Geisel School of Medicine (Dartmouth)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also waitlisted after interviewing mid-Feb. Does anyone know the chances of being accepted from the WL?
Pretty high as far as I was told during my interview day.

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlist as well this morning, will likely not be accepting, good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed early October and haven't received any emails ... Do y'all think this is a rejection? :(

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted this morning. That makes 3 waitlist offers, 0 acceptances, 3 rejections. Ugh, I hate the uncertainty...

Interviewed mid-December, nothing yet. Not sure yet if that's a good or bad sign, but not really expecting to get in here either. Seems like everyone who interviewed here was a superstar

Interviewed early October and haven't received any emails ... Do y'all think this is a rejection? :(
I am in the same boat. I did receive the e-mail about possibly not receiving a decision until April though. I interviewed at the beginning of November.

I decided to bite the bullet and send a short update today. I am really narrowing down my acceptances and would love to know where I stand with Geisel. Good luck to everyone else still in the wait!

What email? o_O Why don't I get any of these update emails :(
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 2.57.38 PM.png

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted this morning. That makes 3 waitlist offers, 0 acceptances, 3 rejections. Ugh, I hate the uncertainty...
right there with you dude! keep your spirits up and prepare for the worst that’s all we can do at this point.

Last edited:
WL this morning - also just a note that it was a really well written, genuine email. I appreciated how much effort they put into it. I will be withdrawing still though and good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 3 users
Fingers crossed for good news after tomorrow's meeting for all who need it

Reactions: 5 users
Weird, i didn't get the WL email. Must be getting the R in the next email wave.

Could still be an acceptance or even a waitlist right?! I sure hope so because I interviewed late Feb and also didn't get anything.

Could still be an acceptance or even a waitlist right?! I sure hope so because I interviewed late Feb and also didn't get anything.
Yeah, judging from last year's thread, around the first bigger wave of waitlists there was also a small wave of acceptances--it's all like reading tea leaves but I kind of think based on what they told us during the interview day that after today's committee meeting they'll have a pretty firm idea of where the cutoff will be between accept and waitlist and some people who were on the bubble will get accepted. Just trying to stay optimistic, I know I need it...

Exact same boat as you! Only interview (in the US but I'm Canadian) and I fell in love completely. Fingers crossed for everyone waiting for some good news!
similar to you! Im canadian but only applied US and this was one of my 2 interviews. Absolutely loved this school. Hope to see you guys on the other side :)

Surprised, but also glad to see that I'm not the only one who only got one interview! Really hoping for some good news to come to all of our ways soon :)

anyone know what time they meet on thursdays? im dying over hurrrrr

When I interviewed the admissions committee met after all the interviews were done for the day so I think it was around 4. Not sure if since there are no more interviews they would meet earlier.

When I interviewed the admissions committee met after all the interviews were done for the day so I think it was around 4. Not sure if since there are no more interviews they would meet earlier.
Oh oops for some reason I thought today was the last day of interviews.

Have there been any post-interview rejections sent out? I haven't seen anyone post one on here yet. Last year there were a good number of post-interview rejections in early March.

Have there been any post-interview rejections sent out? I haven't seen anyone post one on here yet. Last year there were a good number of post-interview rejections in early March.

Just got it about an hour ago. Back to back post interview rejections from my two top choices this week...

I don’t want to get too excited...but I didn’t receive a rejection today or a WL yesterday.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm still chillin from sep/oct. honestly don't think i'd accept at this point, i just want closure. geisel is suuuuch a tease.

Reactions: 2 users
Waaaaittttttlisted!

While that's not as nice as an acceptance, I'm okay with it. I was hoping my update yesterday would prompt action. I'm happy with my options. :) Good luck to those of you still in the wait.

Waaaaittttttlisted!

While that's not as nice as an acceptance, I'm okay with it. I was hoping my update yesterday would prompt action. I'm happy with my options. :) Good luck to those of you still in the wait.

I’m sorry :( but congratulations on your acceptances!! If you don’t mind me asking, did you receive the email today or yesterday?

I’m sorry :( but congratulations on your acceptances!! If you don’t mind me asking, did you receive the email today or yesterday?
I recieved the e-mail today. I'm betting it was connected to my update I sent yesterday (which was a grade update for a fall course).

Does Geisel accept letters of recommendation at this point in the cycle? If so, do we ask the person to email it directly to the admissions email? Or do they just prefer additional letters to be with a letter of intent if I'm waitlisted?

Does Geisel accept letters of recommendation at this point in the cycle? If so, do we ask the person to email it directly to the admissions email? Or do they just prefer additional letters to be with a letter of intent if I'm waitlisted?

I had my PI send in a LOR to the admissions email with my AMCAS ID (I called to make sure this was what they wanted).

when your whole cycle is ridin on geisel and it's 3/30

Reactions: 6 users
Just got waitlisted... Well this was my one shot this cycle so I'm going to give up on this cycle now :(

Just got waitlisted... Well this was my one shot this cycle so I'm going to give up on this cycle now :(

ugh i'm sorry. was in those shoes last cycle and could be right there with you again. this process is crazy, keep rolling with the punches, you absolutely can still get in--they would have rejected you if they were not interested. give yourself a break to do something you enjoy (also, run away from sdn :p) and then go right back to making the case that they should put you those last few feet over the finish line. they have an excess of people who will make great doctors so just view when/where you get in as a reflection of the structures and vagaries of admissions not as a reflection of anything you have/haven't done personally. it's not an accident that you made it further than like 6800 of the 7000 people who applied, or whatever.

Reactions: 3 users