2017-2018 Geisel School of Medicine (Dartmouth)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I just called them and they said that there will still be more acceptances going out in the next few days! There's still hope!!!

Reactions: 9 users
Any accepted students get fin aid award info yet? I called in Feb and they said I would hear by the end of march...

Losing my mind here with all this uncertainty.

Reactions: 4 users
Hopefully today is the day for those of us still waiting :) Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone gotten anything? Anticipation is killing me over hurr

Anyone gotten anything? Anticipation is killing me over hurr
more silence over here..seems like a lot of people were waiting until the very end last cycle (as in next week) and most of them were WLed (i see one R and no acceptances in that last week i think)...i feel like if what they tell you on interview days about not sitting on Rs is true, there's an outside chance some people will get rejected (or accepted i guess) based on yesterday's meeting but it feels like there are enough of us that we've mostly got to be WLed at this point...?

more silence over here..seems like a lot of people were waiting until the very end last cycle (as in next week) and most of them were WLed (i see one R and no acceptances in that last week i think)...i feel like if what they tell you on interview days about not sitting on Rs is true, there's an outside chance some people will get rejected (or accepted i guess) based on yesterday's meeting but it feels like there are enough of us that we've mostly got to be WLed at this point...?

You've also got to remember that there are plenty of people who don't post when they get an acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
accepted!!!!!! this is my first acceptance, i'm literally crying :woot::love::claps:

Reactions: 21 users
Accepted half an hour ago. This will be my one and only acceptance this cycle. I’m so greatful. I love this school <3

Reactions: 28 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!! FIRST ONE, TOP CHOICE, ACTUALLY LITERALLY SOBBING!!!!!

Reactions: 18 users
AYOOOOO congrats you guys!!!!

So guessing thats the end of the road for the rest of us. Congrats guys!

Wow what a happy day! Congrats you all! Hopefully will get a chance to work with you good people in the future!

It’s not over yet. I just called admissions. They said that they release their decisions in batches and to hang in there.

Reactions: 6 users
accepted a few days ago - so excited! does anyone know what 'second look' is like?

Reactions: 2 users
They sent me a second look email 10 mins after my acceptance email. It’s the 13th/14th
hah yes me too :highfive: sorry, i was trying to ask if anyone had any inside information on what it was like/what to expect (other than the schedule they give you).

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to all those who got in!! AND YAY to everyone who got their first acceptance!!! :D I was waitlisted today, just to let y'all know there were other decisions sent out too :)

Accepted!! First one and my number one choice - Literally a dream come true. Couldn't be more excited to stay in Hanover another 4 years

YES. I HATE THIS PROCESS AND I LOVE YOU ALL

Congrats y’all!! Hanover is literally the best place on earth!! So do you think that was the last wave of acceptances?

Has anyone who was accepted today successfully registered for second look? Whenever I try to register it says that the deadline has passed, but it also says that the deadline is April 6th.

Has anyone who was accepted today successfully registered for second look? Whenever I try to register it says that the deadline has passed, but it also says that the deadline is April 6th.

Hmm, I was dashing out so I didn’t try to use the sign up link but I cc’ed Whitney Hatch on my email accepting my spot, wherein I mentioned I’d come to the Friday activities but would have limited availability for Saturday ones.

This is a long shot, but I'll ask anyway! On the Feb. 15th interview day, a group of us were waiting in the admissions office in between our interviews. There was a faculty member (bald, elderly, white male, can't remember name) who came up and talked to us about medicine-related books, and gave us a list of books he suggests we read. Did anybody happen to write that list down??

Can any current students explain the application process for the dual MD/MPH degree program? Is it true that only one student from each class is accepted?

This is a long shot, but I'll ask anyway! On the Feb. 15th interview day, a group of us were waiting in the admissions office in between our interviews. There was a faculty member (bald, elderly, white male, can't remember name) who came up and talked to us about medicine-related books, and gave us a list of books he suggests we read. Did anybody happen to write that list down??

I believe you're talking about Dr. Chris LaRocca, the adcom chair. I had my interview with him, and he gave me this list of books at the end.

The Body Keeps the Score
Attending
A More Beautiful Question
The Hate U Give
This Is How it Always Is

Hope that helps :)

Reactions: 3 users
I believe you're talking about Dr. Chris LaRocca, the adcom chair. I had my interview with him, and he gave me this list of books at the end.

The Body Keeps the Score
Attending
The Hate U Give
This Is How it Always Is

YES! THANK YOU!!

The Body Keeps the Score
Attending
The Hate U Give
This Is How it Always Is

The hate u give should be required reading in school.

Thanks for these book suggestions! If you haven't read When Breath Becomes Air, this is also a must read before med school

Congrats to everyone who got in last Friday!

Still waiting to hear back and I've all but given up hope at this point :( This is the most excruciating wait...

Congrats to everyone who got in last Friday!

Still waiting to hear back and I've all but given up hope at this point :( This is the most excruciating wait...
It’s almost over! Hang in there! :) Maybe try calling them and asking if acceptances are still being sent?

I am curious if acceptances are still being sent, considering I interviewed on the last day possible. If I recall they said the earliest we would hear back would be mid-April. But that may be up to interpretation

I am curious if acceptances are still being sent, considering I interviewed on the last day possible. If I recall they said the earliest we would hear back would be mid-April. But that may be up to interpretation

Maybe it's possible then that there are still adcom meetings going on? But considering that second look is this weekend I feel like we would've heard good news by now.

Just called, they said more decisions are coming out this week. Not sure if that means more acceptances or what.

Interviewed back in October, wait is killing me :(

Just received a waitlist notification! Interviewed March 22. Will be keeping my spot and holding on to it for dear life lol

Reactions: 5 users
Waitlist af. Interviewed in Sept, what a wild ride lol. Withdrawing, gl everyone and congrats to everyone matriculating :)

Reactions: 5 users