2017-2018 George Washington University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you happen to remember when you were complete and when they placed you on hold? Thanks in advance!
I was complete in late July, and placed on hold in September

Members don't see this ad.

For those who accepted an offer from GWU: did you send the signed offer of acceptance using their encrypted email system or using a normal email? Thanks!

Awesome!!! Told you not to worry!!! So happy for you. (=
You are the sweetest. Thank you so much <3 Best wishes to wherever you decide to attend :)

Reactions: 1 user
II here a few days ago, complete early august! Put on hold mid September, LizzyM 70-72

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who accepted an offer from GWU: did you send the signed offer of acceptance using their encrypted email system or using a normal email? Thanks!

You are the sweetest. Thank you so much <3 Best wishes to wherever you decide to attend :)
I sent though a normal email, but I'm pretty sure you can send through their encrypted email service. Just be sure to ask for confirmation.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Sent in an update late last week, got an II yesterday!

Reactions: 4 users
Complete mid-July. This is the first I have heard from them, so no hold status.

They don't send an email to tell you you are on hold, it is updated on your applicant portal. You probably were and didn't realize it. Congrats on the II!

I sent though a normal email, but I'm pretty sure you can send through their encrypted email service. Just be sure to ask for confirmation.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
thanks! i ended up asking for a confirmation anyways, and they sent me one. GW is also amazing at updating their portal with every step of the process, and the portal updated to say my signed notice of acceptance has been received. :)

Put on hold early september, sent an update a week ago and still haven't heard anything :((

Put on hold early september, sent an update a week ago and still haven't heard anything :((
It took me like 6 weeks to hear back after I updated. They are sloooowww here.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who received II, what dates are available currently?
I got an II last week and was scheduled in December. I don't think they let us see the dates that are available unfortunately, they just assign us one.

For those who received II, what dates are available currently?
They just give you a specific date to interview. If you can't make it I am sure they will work something out with you, but they don't show you available dates.

Rejected pre-II
Complete - 7/26.
Hold - Mid August

Rejected, but was planning to withdraw. Best of luck to those who are still in!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Rejected by my first choice. I'm so heartbroken. :cryi:

Complete mid-July and waiting for the axe. Are these all coming in now?

Reactions: 1 users
Just rejected also, they had a nice email at least.

Honestly tho not mad at all- this school seems to have one of the lower post-II acceptance rates and I cant imagine how hard it is to figure out who to invite out of like 15,000 people thats insane

Complete 7/5 and no rejection. . . also no II anyone else in this boat? Don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing :shrug:

Reactions: 20 users
Rejected pre-II, complete 7/6

How bad is a on-hold notification at this point. I am wondering if this should be considered neutral or basically a rejection.

Complete 7/5 and no rejection. . . also no II anyone else in this boat? Don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing :shrug:
Same. They must have re-reviewed us at least once and decided not to toss us out! Hopefully there are IIs coming pending responses of people they’ve offered acceptances to...*this is completely wishful thinking with 0 evidence*

Reactions: 3 users
Same. They must have re-reviewed us at least once and decided not to toss us out! Hopefully there are IIs coming pending responses of people they’ve offered acceptances to...*this is completely wishful thinking with 0 evidence*
I like that line of thought! Gotta stay positive!

+1

Ooops I thought I was on a different schools page, ignore my +1

Those of you who have been complete since July and survived yesterday’s slaughtering.. . Thoughts about submitting an update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

Ooops I thought I was on a different schools page, ignore my +1
All good, odds are I’m probably in the same boat at the school you meant to +1 for!

Those of you who have been complete since July and survived yesterday’s slaughtering.. . Thoughts about submitting an update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would, but I've already submitted two! The only other thing I can think to update about are some new grants I have going on at work, but they aren't exactly done deals.

If you have something substantial to update though, I would.