2021-2022 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe there are more students holding multiple acceptances this year. The flood gates should open right after the 30th. Here’s hoping at least…
Toca madera ^^

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
giphy.gif

Waiting for an email or a new post on sdn

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
anybody else straight to refreshing sdn and their email every second of the day?

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anybody else straight to refreshing sdn and their email every second of the day?
Nah I have a dedicated Gmail for med school apps and all notifications set to "on" including apple watch. That buzz on my wrist does give me an adrenaline rush though lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Reapplying this upcoming cycle and wondering if you could guys answer some of my questions.
1) For those of you received II and/or A, did you guys complete preVIEW/sjt? Or is this upcoming year the first time GW recommending this exam? I wasn't sure how much of a recommendation it is.
2) If there are any reapplicants here, would you guys say if I received II during my last cycle, would my probability of receiving II again be high?

There was no sjt last cycle
Did u get the Interview? I don’t think there is any pattern in all this at all

There was no sjt last cycle
Did u get the Interview? I don’t think there is any pattern in all this at all
ah, wondering how much weight will preview will hold next cycle... and yea I received an II during my first cycle (20-21) and reapplying this upcoming cycle. GW has been my first choice all along so I am crossing my fingers

Would it be too late to submit an additional letter of rec at this point to try to get off the waitlist...?

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
I just received a "you've expressed high interest in GW/are you still interested + please let us know ASAP" email-- does this mean anything or are they sending this to all waitlisted applicants?

I just received a "you've expressed high interest in GW/are you still interested + please let us know ASAP" email-- does this mean anything or are they sending this to all waitlisted applicants?
I didn't receive that unfortunately! Could be a good thing for you!

Congrats! Did you send a letter of intent or any updates since being waitlisted?

Can you share when you interviewed?

So as far as we know, there hasn’t been anyone from Jan/Feb interviews taken off the WL?

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hoping one of you will get a call soon!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Has anyone who interviewed in November gotten off the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if GW is internally ranked? I assume yes because of AOA but want to verify. And what is the ranking criteria for AOA? Thanks!

Does anyone know if GW is internally ranked? I assume yes because of AOA but want to verify. And what is the ranking criteria for AOA? Thanks!
Current student here. We're ranked in the sense that when the dean's office writes a letter to residency programs (called the MSPE) in our 4th year, we're each given a specific adjective ("outstanding," "excellent," "very good," "good," or "satisfactory"). The adjective is based on our grades in preclinicals and core clerkships. The letter will also mention if your preclinical grades were in the top 25%; no mention if not. AOA is a separate thing, and the qualifications are explained (somewhat vaguely) here.

Good luck to everyone!

• Love
Have any more likely emails gone out? Based on last year's thread they only sent them in April and only those who received them got off the WL... I'm getting worried. Congrats to all, who have!

Just got the “we will offer you admission if you remain interested” email
Interviewed early December - will enroll when accepted

Reactions: 5 users
As a late October interviewee, I hope this isn't true.

After receiving the email quoted by someone else above saying i expressed high interest, i obviously said I'm still interested and here's what they sent me:

Hi NAME, That is wonderful to know. You will likely hear from us soon.

Fingers crossed cause I ain't got As 🤡

Edit: i interviewed early September :/ and i wanna mention I'm an idiot and actually got that email Friday but didn't respond to it for some otherworldly reason so they sent me another one today to which i responded within 20 minutes

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Not sure how to quote and I'm on my phone but after receiving the email quoted above saying i expressed high interest, i obviously said I'm still interested and here's what they sent me:

Hi NAME, That is wonderful to know. You will likely hear from us soon.

Fingers crossed cause I ain't got As

Edit: i interviewed early September :/

Congrats! When did you receive the email?

Reactions: 1 user
I have officially joined the accepted off the waitlist group :love:!!!!! GW is my top choice and I absolutely can't believe it! I interviewed 10/17, sent update letters, and had an extra LOR and either that all paid off or it literally didn't matter but regardless I am so happy I could cry

• Love
I have officially joined the accepted off the waitlist group :love:!!!!! GW is my top choice and I absolutely can't believe it! I interviewed 10/17, sent update letters, and had an extra LOR and either that all paid off or it literally didn't matter but regardless I am so happy I could cry

Congrats! Did you get accepted today? Also did you get the likely email?