2021-2022 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew from the waitlist. Hopefully it made a little room.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sending a hail mary letter reiterating my interest in GWU... but I'm going to officially give up by Memorial Day Weekend. Time to tinker with my essays for the 2023 cycle :(

Reactions: 3 users
I'm sending a hail mary letter reiterating my interest in GWU... but I'm going to officially give up by Memorial Day Weekend. Time to tinker with my essays for the 2023 cycle :(
I feel the same way. Fingers crossed there's still some waitlist movement, but if not, here's to hoping next cycle is better.

Question for all those that are about to reapply. I know it's recommended to rewrite your personal statement, but can the works/activities descriptions be the same as your previous application (with additional things added, of course)?

Reactions: 1 user
I feel the same way. Fingers crossed there's still some waitlist movement, but if not, here's to hoping next cycle is better.

Question for all those that are about to reapply. I know it's recommended to rewrite your personal statement, but can the works/activities descriptions be the same as your previous application (with additional things added, of course)?
Yes it can be the same, with some tweaks and chk the dates

Has anyone received a “likely” email but hasn’t gotten the official acceptance yet? Feeling anxious so I went ahead and looked at last years thread. It does seem though the “likely” emails between last year and this year have been handled differently

Has anyone received a “likely” email but hasn’t gotten the official acceptance yet? Feeling anxious so I went ahead and looked at last years thread. It does seem though the “likely” emails between last year and this year have been handled differently

Did you get a “likely” email?

just withdrew, hope the spot goes to one of y’all

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Anyone have any luck? It’s Friday and I’m trying to keep the hope alive.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Called admissions this week and they told me that alternate list movement is still moderate.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
what phone number did you use? I tried the one listed in their email signature and the line cut off. thank you!
Called admissions this week and they told me that alternate list movement is still moderate.

guys we cant give up! but also i dont know what we can do from here. it really is not looking very good for us :(

Just got a likely email and then the acceptance!! Beyond grateful

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
NO please NO. I was finally getting over this school and now I'm back on the rollercoaster :dead:

Reactions: 4 users
NO please NO. I was finally getting over this school and now I'm back on the rollercoaster :dead:

Lmao .. this is me right now. Happy someone made it this late but this process is emotionally brutal. That tiny ounce of hope is back.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Can someone pls help me- so after I accepted the offer what do I need to do next? How do I get into FB group or group me?

Do I need to go on Amcas and accept? This is my first acceptance and others are WL

Just got a likely email and then the acceptance!! Beyond grateful
when did u interview? can i dm u to ask advice about writing updates/letters of intent tho it's likely too late :' )

Has anyone gotten any updates/news about a final decision since they sent out the “highly unlikely” email in June? It’s been pretty quiet from my end…. 😅

I will be interviewing at GW soon. Would any current student be willing to do a mock interview with me?! I'm happy to pay for your time. Thank you so much!