2021-2022 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alternate list today after interviewing early Feb :')

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 1/18 and still have not heard back with anything?

I interviewed 1/18 and still have not heard back with anything?
Keep in mind this is not unusual based on past years. They are pretty consistent with waves of decisions throughout the year until Jan/Feb/March where they more sporadically let people know and there seems to be a longer wait to get a decision. You will hear most likely in the next 2 weeks (which is still around the 8 week timeframe they said they’d let you know within). I know all this waiting is stressful though🥺

For reference, the final wave of decisions last year was 3/18/21 (Thursday).

Reactions: 1 users
Keep in mind this is not unusual based on past years. They are pretty consistent with waves of decisions throughout the year until Jan/Feb/March where they more sporadically let people know and there seems to be a longer wait to get a decision. You will hear most likely in the next 2 weeks (which is still around the 8 week timeframe they said they’d let you know within). I know all this waiting is stressful though🥺

For reference, the final wave of decisions last year was 3/18/21 (Thursday).
were they accepting people in that wave or were all the 3/9 and 3/18 wave folks WL?

Just got an alternate list. I interviewed 1/18

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Alternate as well. I’m crushed by this one. This was my dream school. I just want one A.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
A! Feb interview, will most likely not accept.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate, Early Feb Interview. Sad day over here, I love this school.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Do they do post interview R's, or is it just A & Alternate?

Withdrawing my application today. Wishing everyone the best!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who interviewed late jan/early feb not heard back yet?

everytime someone else posts that gw is their dream school im like STAY AWAY FROM HIM HE'S MINE

umm not that its a competition or anything. your feelings are valid i just get territorial ok so sorry have a good day

I just submitted my letter to stay on waitlist. Does timing matter? Waitlist email says "It is to your advantage to let us know if you remain interested as soon as possible", although the deadline is March 15th.

I just submitted my letter to stay on waitlist. Does timing matter? Waitlist email says "It is to your advantage to let us know if you remain interested as soon as possible", although the deadline is March 15th.
As per the webinar, there is no advantage to submitting your interest letter earlier. As long as it is before the due date/time, you are good to go

What are the odds of being pulled off the WL? Can any previous students speak on it?

Reactions: 3 users
Can anyone comment on the GW SMHS campus and buildings? How are the classrooms, libraries, studying places, etc.? I was told by someone that everything is SO old that it’s low-key depressing.

I was wondering about this as well. There will be two in-person tour dates next month for accepted students. I plan on attending so I can see what the campus is like

Accepted this morning!! I am still in shock 🥺😭 interviewed 3/3

Reactions: 4 users
Does anybody know how often admissions meet and when they will relook at waitlisted applicants?

Is there a groupme for accepted students?

There’s a Facebook group for acceptors students that should’ve been in the email you got explaining your acceptance. There will be a couple acceptance emails you get and one of them will have information about joining the Facebook group. There’s also a WhatsApp chat.

I would also like to know this! And if there’s a fb group?

There’s a Facebook group for acceptors students that should’ve been in the email you got explaining your acceptance. There will be a couple acceptance emails you get and one of them will have information about joining the Facebook group. There’s also a WhatsApp chat.

There’s a Facebook group for acceptors students that should’ve been in the email you got explaining your acceptance. There will be a couple acceptance emails you get and one of them will have information about joining the Facebook group. There’s also a WhatsApp chatAccepted student. Can you PM for the WhatsApp chat?
can you PM me the WhatsApp Chat?

i’ve been in the facebook group since it was created but have never heard about the whatsapp. can you pm me?

Has anyone received information for another waitlist session?
Unfortunately, I was waitlisted last year after the info session and they never held a second one. But all the notes from the session have been posted in this forum

Does anyone know when GW starts/ when orientation is? Also what is the status of of students with cars? Is it basically required? Is it one of those either way scenarios or does no one really have any cars.