2017-2018 Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Just checking in, if you'd like I have both the alternate list and acceptance email. Fwiw I'm an MD applicant.
Not really sure what this has to do with my post.

Reactions: 1 user
My mistake, I quoted the wrong post. I meant to respond to you being skeptical about the legitimacy of an acceptance based on low forum activity.

These are the relevant posts:

"The process has started" could mean reviewing apps, doesn't mean any acceptances were sent out. I'm still not convinced that there happened to be someone who posts on SDN who was accepted the day of/after they officially put people on the WL and then no one else since then. Yes, it's a small pool, and if one person posted a couple days ago I'd say that poster was being delusional but the timing + the numbers just smells fishy to me.

The "accepted student" has 3 posts to his/her name and hasn't posted anything since then.

2017-2018 Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai

EDIT: If I want to give the poster the benefit of the doubt that they are not lying, the only explanation that makes sense (because MD/PhD admissions used to work this way, don't know if MD does currently) is that the person was interviewed and post interview they scored such that the committee decided they would revisit their application again after more interviews and they were accepted on that 2nd review. That's not the same thing as getting in off the waitlist though.

Last edited:
My mistake, I quoted the wrong post. I meant to respond to you being skeptical about the legitimacy of an acceptance based on low forum activity.

W

The date You posted that you got in was way before traffic day. So you were never on the w/l

Oh yes, that makes a lot more sense. Yeah, would love to see the text of your e-mails. Would help clarify whether you were a waitlist admit or a deferred acceptance admit.

As requested:

firefox_2018-05-18_09-08-09.png
firefox_2018-05-18_09-08-37.png

Reactions: 2 users
Well I really thought there would be some decent movement today. Time to throw in the towel.

Members don't see this ad :)
An ad comm member posted in the waitlist support group thread that Mt. Sinai had "multiple acceptances" so the WL has started to move. Not for me sadly but for others.

Wait.

There is someone known to be a Sinai adcom active on SDN? Hope they like my memes.

The individual (gyngyn) that posted is not an adcom of Sinai but another med school. However, gyngyn's school has some overlap with Sinai's so he/she can see waitlist movement through the multiple acceptances report

The individual (gyngyn) that posted is not an adcom of Sinai but another med school. However, gyngyn's school has some overlap with Sinai's so he/she can see waitlist movement through the multiple acceptances report
I love that adcoms spy on each other's schools. It's almost as if they used to be premeds.

Yes thank you @cherrytaffyz . NOT a Mt. Sinai ad comm. Sorry for any confusion.

Just got off the alt-list this morning!

Reactions: 14 users
Congrats! I actually withdrew my spot yesterday, and that would be wild if they were able to give it to you today!

Where are you off to instead?

Well, I was really torn, because I loved sinai and was really looking forward to the future. However, NYU made me an offer with financial aid that I could not refuse. So that is where I will be going in the fall. I hope I will cross paths with many of you all in the future regardless

Reactions: 4 users
OK so Sinai is my absolute first choice (currently waitlisted) but I was recently accepted to Drexel with full-tuition scholarship. Should I follow the money? What would you do?

OK so Sinai is my absolute first choice (currently waitlisted) but I was recently accepted to Drexel with full-tuition scholarship. Should I follow the money? What would you do?
I'm confused If you are still waitlisted at Mt Sinai then what is the choice that you currently need to make?
As per most threads all over SDN most of the WL movement for this cycle seems to have wrapped up. According to gyngyn it will be very sporadic from here on out.

do you know if Sinai performs drug tests on students?

do you know if Sinai performs drug tests on students?

They will ask you for one before you start. Not sprung on you at all but keep in mind weed takes up to 4 weeks to clear your system in a chronic user so keep that in mind.

hate to be that guy, but can you confirm or deny @OneTwoThreeFour ?

Unfortunately I'm not privy to the specific machinations at this point-that's done exclusively by the deans I believe- but I can say that I know of 3 class members who were accepted within 2 weeks of orientation. This was 5 years ago at this point but certainly means the fat lady hasn't quite sang. I doubt it will be prodigious, but movement is still to be had.

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew--good luck to all those still waiting!!

Reactions: 7 users
Withdrew from the wait list. Good luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! Are there any accepted students here that I could talk to about the interview? I am interviewing there this cycle and very excited!