2017-2018 Ohio State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else not receive the secondary yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
OSU's portal site for checking your status.
Is that what the my.osu is? I received the email to create an account but it doesn't say anything about my status and I didn't get any info from admissions on how to use it

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that what the my.osu is? I received the email to create an account but it doesn't say anything about my status and I didn't get any info from admissions on how to use it
You have to activate your account (after submitting application and paying). I got an email from their IT people after I did this with instructions: "Fully activating your Ohio State Username and creating a password is fast and easy. Just access the my.osu.edu website and request an activation code."

After activating, you can go to their admissions website, here, and go to the bottom. That is where you can begin the Vitals.

You have to activate your account (after submitting application and paying). I got an email from their IT people after I did this with instructions: "Fully activating your Ohio State Username and creating a password is fast and easy. Just access the my.osu.edu website and request an activation code."

After activating, you can go to their admissions website, here, and go to the bottom. That is where you can begin the Vitals.
Awesome, thanks! Are we supposed to use the my.osu username and password for the vitals username and password, mine didn't work when I used them and I just activated my account

Awesome, thanks! Are we supposed to use the my.osu username and password for the vitals username and password, mine didn't work when I used them and I just activated my account

It will send you another email after the activation with the info you need! Threw me for a loop too!

Has anyone else not gotten their secondary yet? I'm OOS if that matters.

How did you log in?
User: Lastname.# or AMCAS ID
PASS:?? the one we made for the activation thing aka the pass to lastname.#
I got an email from OSU yesterday saying my vitals account had been created. There was a link to set up the password, and the Username was my AAMC ID

Copy and paste into textedit/notepad: hold command + option + shift + V (on mac), when you paste, and you will paste text which will match the destination. AKA unformated text into the textedit/notepad. You can then copy and paste normally from textedit/notepad into the application server.

>>This might be helpful for windows peeps.

Dude... Despite doing this all my apostrophes turned into question marks after submission... Pretty frustrated and not sure if I should email. Upsetting... :(

Be careful guys...

Last edited:
Dude... Despite doing this all my apostrophes turned into question marks after submission... Pretty frustrated and not sure if I should email. Upsetting... :(

Be careful guys...
Goly day. I'm sorry it did that. I would, yeah. Perhaps attached a pdf of what you wrote too? Other SDNers, what do you think?

Goly day. I'm sorry it did that. I would, yeah. Perhaps attached a pdf of what you wrote too? Other SDNers, what do you think?

I am gonna call today for sure. Don't worry dude it isn't your fault at all! I corroborated your directions online and they're definitely right! Perhaps I clicked the wrong buttons when pasting? I'm not sure. I am calling either way! Not stressin' too hard; this is my first noticeable typo/slip up of the cycle so I can't complain too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am gonna call today for sure. Don't worry dude it isn't your fault at all! I corroborated your directions online and they're definitely right! Perhaps I clicked the wrong buttons when pasting? I'm not sure. I am calling either way! Not stressin' too hard; this is my first noticeable typo/slip up of the cycle so I can't complain too much.

I'm still sorry to hear that though! Sounds like a plan. That feeling though is the worst. *all done - looking over everything that was submitted and... oh snap*

Pro tip for the weird text issue for the essays:
Copy and paste your essays into the text box they have. Save the essay and then log out of the application. Log back in and the weird text issues will show up. For me, all the apostrophes, quotation marks, and dashes showed up as a question marks (?). Within the text box, change the question marks back to what they're supposed to be. Save the essay again and it should be normal with no issues.

Reactions: 4 users
What exactly does "innovation in patient care" mean? Does it mean creating novel ways to treat patients or does it mean the way you interact and communicate with patients? A bit confused here

Does OSU prescreen? I was verified in June, but haven't received a secondary.

Does OSU prescreen? I was verified in June, but haven't received a secondary.

According to the MSAR, the secondary is sent to, "All applicants who meet minimum MCAT and GPA requirements."

I got an email from OSU yesterday saying my vitals account had been created. There was a link to set up the password, and the Username was my AAMC ID
Did this take a little while to get after submitting? I've been complete for a few days but have not received an invite.

How did you log in?
User: Lastname.# or AMCAS ID
PASS:?? the one we made for the activation thing aka the pass to lastname.#

Were you able to log into vitals? I've tried my AAMC ID# and the username they made for my.osu.com and couldn't log on. What is this vitals sorcery??

Were you able to log into vitals? I've tried my AAMC ID# and the username they made for my.osu.com and couldn't log on. What is this vitals sorcery??
This is the exact email I got to access Vitals. The username was my AAMC ID, and then the link was to set up a new password. I was also super confused about all this because I think I made some other OSU account too, and tbh I cant even remember exactly what I did. I hope this helps though

Attachments

• Vitals.png
    Vitals.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: 1 users
This is the exact email I got to access Vitals. The username was my AAMC ID, and then the link was to set up a new password. I was also super confused about all this because I think I made some other OSU account too, and tbh I cant even remember exactly what I did. I hope this helps though
Thanks so much! Still waiting on this email. I may call here in a couple days if I still don't receive one. Love this school!

I think I may have just made the same mistake as you. Do you mind letting me know what they said on the call so I know what I should do? thanks!

When I try to log into where we submitted our secondary application it takes me to a point where I have to enter the application code again when we first received the secondary. Anyone else having this problem, I just wanted to look at my secondary lol I can't access my application at all, the vitals still says I'm complete so not sure what to do

Last edited:
Same mistake... I even typed my whole essay in a simple text formatting and the question marks still showed up. I just sent admissions an email. Would like to hear what they told you over the phone too. Best of luck!

Same mistake... I even typed my whole essay in a simple text formatting and the question marks still showed up. I just sent admissions an email. Would like to hear what they told you over the phone too. Best of luck!
Let me know what they respond with! I hope they realize its not us and that we werent just not following directions

They actually told me not to worry about it! They said that many students had experience the same thing and that the admissions committee is aware of the formatting issue. The woman on the phone very politely told me it would not affect my chance at admission.

We gucci :)

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an email saying my application status recently changed and to check vitals, but when I went to vitals, there was nothing there... anyone else experience this?

Just got an email saying my application status recently changed and to check vitals, but when I went to vitals, there was nothing there... anyone else experience this?
Yes... nearly gave me a heart attack

Reactions: 2 users

I got this a day or two after creating my vitals account. I think the change is from submission to complete, meaning they acknowledge that you finished and paid for your app along with looking to see if LOR are in order. Gave me quite the adrenaline rush too!

I got this a day or two after creating my vitals account. I think the change is from submission to complete, meaning they acknowledge that you finished and paid for your app along with looking to see if LOR are in order. Gave me quite the adrenaline rush too!
EXACTLY what I was going to say. Same thing happened to me after I submitted

I got an update in Vitals! I logged on and saw absolutely no activity. I don't think I get vitals...

I last minute decided to apply last night. Secondary received this morning, and submitted in two hours. Good luck everyone!

Just got an email saying "Vitals Account Created". Not sure what the other 10 accounts they had me made was, but here we go

Reactions: 2 users
Ok just got another email: "The status of your application to at The Ohio State University College of Medicine has recently changed."

I don't see any changes after logging into this Vitals thing?

Ok just got another email: "The status of your application to at The Ohio State University College of Medicine has recently changed."

I don't see any changes after logging into this Vitals thing?

I got this email as well, it then said to expect an email in the next few days to create my vitals account...and when I checked vitals it was the exact same. One bamboozle after another

Are you guys answering the question on diversity by describing how you are diverse at all, or are you strictly responding with "Diversity is important because...."

Are you guys answering the question on diversity by describing how you are diverse at all, or are you strictly responding with "Diversity is important because...."
I did a little of the first and then more of the second. I focused on how my specific diversity has shaped my insight into why diversity is important, just because I thought it was more thoughtful that way. I wouldn't try to force it if it doesn't feel right, though.

I did a little of the first and then more of the second. I focused on how my specific diversity has shaped my insight into why diversity is important, just because I thought it was more thoughtful that way. I wouldn't try to force it if it doesn't feel right, though.

I basically gave an example of how a physician's (friend/family member could apply) diversity in background and thought helped me through a specific hardship. Then I talked about how I learned from that encounter and how important it is to be open-minded, etc.
Then concluded with how I would utilize my personal experiences to be empathetic as an aspiring physician.

Not sure if that helps hahaha.

Submitted on Monday and have not received information about making a vitals account. Should I call or wait a little longer?

Let me know what they respond with! I hope they realize its not us and that we werent just not following directions
I just received a response and they said the same thing as UnassumingToad: Adcoms is aware of the issue and it won't affect our application :D

This might be a dumb question, but I have one regarding copy/pasting from notepad. I retyped my essay from word into notepad and each paragraph is just a really long line. Is there a certain way I want to format it, or do you copy and paste it as is? If this matters, when I copy and pasted it straight from word into the prompt box, each paragraph came out nicely.