2017-2018 Ohio State University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I try to log into where we submitted our secondary application it takes me to a point where I have to enter the application code again when we first received the secondary. Anyone else having this problem, I just wanted to look at my secondary lol I can't access my application at all, the vitals still says I'm complete so not sure what to do
The same issue for me. Has it resolved for you yet and when? I just submitted a few days ago.
 
Does anyone know why they want us to submit a list of the schools we applied to previously in our secondaries? It's been bothering me (I filled up all 25 slots they gave).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone able to view their secondary application after submission? When I log back into the Oraclesoft page (or whatever the page is called where we wrote our secondary), I can't access the application -- it just gives me the option of starting a new one. I got into Vitals and all and saw that it was complete, but I just want to see the formatting and such for my own record. :/
 
Is anyone able to view their secondary application after submission? When I log back into the Oraclesoft page (or whatever the page is called where we wrote our secondary), I can't access the application -- it just gives me the option of starting a new one. I got into Vitals and all and saw that it was complete, but I just want to see the formatting and such for my own record. :/
I cannot either. =/
 
Congrats to all who got an II!
Just throwing in a random question: does anyone know if OSU accepts in-area updates?
 
Received a secondary..does anyone know how heavily they screen before sending those out? I know most schools pass them out like candy (more $$$$) but I was under the impression that OSU screened? thanks.
 
Thank you! I saw that on the website as well but I'm just a little confused since my old MCAT score was below that *horrible I know* maybe its because of my pending MCAT score that they looked past it..who knows @SuaveCardigans
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else get an email saying "your status has been updated" but then when you go to vitals, nothing has changed?

I contacted admissions and they said this email was to confirm the receipt of my secondary application and materials. The email lags behind the portal apparently.
 
I contacted admissions and they said this email was to confirm the receipt of my secondary application and materials. The email lags behind the portal apparently.
Thanks for contacting them! That's disappointing 🙁 I got an e-mail about a status change today, but logged into Vitals and it just says I am complete as it always has. Wasn't expecting much I guess since I submitted my app pretty late XD
 
Did you guys get a separate e-mail to get login info for vitals?

I did get an e-mail for Ohio State Username at my.osu.edu, but I can't login to vitals with this. Also, when I log into the website where I completed the secondary, it's no longer there. Should I be concerned / call them?

I submitted my secondary 4 days ago on 8/25/2017
 
Did you guys get a separate e-mail to get login info for vitals?

I did get an e-mail for Ohio State Username at my.osu.edu, but I can't login to vitals with this. Also, when I log into the website where I completed the secondary, it's no longer there. Should I be concerned / call them?

I submitted my secondary 4 days ago on 8/25/2017

You get several emails after submission. I got a separate link + login verification for vitals. I got it around a week or two afterwards.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I literally have no idea what half of this site is used for.
I'm not even sure we use the my.osu.edu site for anything at all. Except you must have an account (???)!

I still haven't received my info for Vitals...got all excited when I saw an email from tOSU but it was literally just reminding me to activate my my.osu.edu username. Which I had already done. *facepalm*
 
I'm not even sure we use the my.osu.edu site for anything at all. Except you must have an account (???)!

I still haven't received my info for Vitals...got all excited when I saw an email from tOSU but it was literally just reminding me to activate my my.osu.edu username. Which I had already done. *facepalm*

Lol Vitals isn't much better haha
 
Hope to get some love from them cuz Im an IS alumni and also working for the COM for my gap year job. And had a LOR written by one of the Deans. Complete 7/31 and nada so far 🙁
 
Hope to get some love from them cuz Im an IS alumni and also working for the COM for my gap year job. And had a LOR written by one of the Deans. Complete 7/31 and nada so far 🙁

I'm wondering how much LORs from faulty at the specific med school are weighed, I feel like more heavily than other LORs. I had the privilege of working at three different med schools and currently work at one for my gap year also and know my LORs from each PI are very strong just don't know how much weight they hold in comparison to a regular LOR since its literally the same institution and I know one of my PI/LORs actually teaches MS2s
 
I'm wondering how much LORs from faulty at the specific med school are weighed, I feel like more heavily than other LORs. I had the privilege of working at three different med schools and currently work at one for my gap year also and know my LORs from each PI are very strong just don't know how much weight they hold in comparison to a regular LOR since its literally the same institution and I know one of my PI/LORs actually teaches MS2s
Yeah mine use to be a Dean and professor but now hes a dean somewhere else (left over the summer). I think it is more heavy because the people reviewing actually know them and their credibility.
 
Anyone know how long after submitting secondaries they inform you regarding interview? App complete 8/28.
Do I have a shot Stats MCAT 513; 3.7 undergrad GPA (foreign), 3.86 graduate GPA
 
This is the clumsiest, clunkiest application portal/website I have seen. This part (i.e. navigating the sites) shouldn't have to be this hard, lol
It's honestly garbage and outdated not much has changed since it's initial release. This place is more of a social setting.
 
Anyone know how long after submitting secondaries they inform you regarding interview? App complete 8/28.
Do I have a shot Stats MCAT 513; 3.7 undergrad GPA (foreign), 3.86 graduate GPA
I submitted 7/29 and have heard nothing yet with similar stats and IS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted 8/9 with a 512 MCAT and 3.95 undergrad GPA, and I am IS, and have yet to hear anything from them as well. OSU is my first choice and I'm trying really hard not to start freaking out.

Ditto here as regards the silence...3.95/520...don't sweat it...I saw where many instate II weren't extended last year until October...kinda surprising, but whatever...each school has their own (crazy) process which evidently works for them.
 
Ditto here as regards the silence...3.95/520...don't sweat it...I saw where many instate II weren't extended last year until October...kinda surprising, but whatever...each school has their own (crazy) process which evidently works for them.

Thanks for the information! 🙂 I am starting to feel much better about this situation, even though it still really sucks.
 
Congrats to all who got an II!
Just throwing in a random question: does anyone know if OSU accepts in-area updates?
You're talking about in the area interview requests, right? I was wondering the same thing. Did you find an answer?
 
You're talking about in the area interview requests, right? I was wondering the same thing. Did you find an answer?
I called and the lady on the phone said they accept this kind of update. I updated them and never heard back. Let me know if you have more luck 🙂