2017-2018 Ohio State University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Completed secondary 7/19. LM=75. IS. Still haven't heard anything... just says that my application has been successfully submitted on Vitals. Anyone in a similar situation? Feeling anxious 🙁
I'm in the same boat, except OOS not IS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know when the interview ends like roughly what time? I'm trying to plan my trip back.
I got done around 3:00 pm. My flight was scheduled for 5:30 pm and I had plenty of time to get to the airport and through security. Probably about a 20 min drive.
 
I sent 2 updates to the school. The first one had a confirmation not too long after. The other (see if they updated my contact info cuz I was missing emails) didnt get a confirmation and I sent it monday. Should I try and call them to see or just walk over to the school? (I work at the hospital which is right next door)
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 12.10.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 12.10.25 AM.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 289
My guess is that it’s like an automatic refresh the website does because I have the same time stamp - same time and date. Another school I applied to does the same thing on their portal every week but I haven’t heard from them at all


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who has received an II lately, do you know of available dates?
I got one a couple of weeks ago, they pretty much pick a date for you and let you re-schedule if you would like. They have rolling admissions meetings every two weeks, so it's likely that they fill up these two week chunks first before moving on to the next one.
 
hey everyone,
did anyone get an email with the following:
"You have been scheduled to complete evaluation The Ohio State University College of Medicine Post Baccalaureate Program Application on 2018 Admission Class. You will have until -01/31/2018 11:59 PM to complete this evaluation"
I've been clicking the link for clarification for what exactly is going on..is this a rejection??
Thanks
 
hey everyone,
did anyone get an email with the following:
"You have been scheduled to complete evaluation The Ohio State University College of Medicine Post Baccalaureate Program Application on 2018 Admission Class. You will have until -01/31/2018 11:59 PM to complete this evaluation"
I've been clicking the link for clarification for what exactly is going on..is this a rejection??
Thanks

I believe there is a conditional acceptance if you successfully complete their postbacc. Theres more info about it on their website.
 
hey everyone,
did anyone get an email with the following:
"You have been scheduled to complete evaluation The Ohio State University College of Medicine Post Baccalaureate Program Application on 2018 Admission Class. You will have until -01/31/2018 11:59 PM to complete this evaluation"
I've been clicking the link for clarification for what exactly is going on..is this a rejection??
Thanks
Its not a rejection, you got invited to apply for their medpath program. I got one too!
 
I believe there is a conditional acceptance if you successfully complete their postbacc. Theres more info about it on their website.
thanks, i just googled about it and you're right it is conditional and sounds like an awesome program... but as a current master's student idk how I feel about doing another year not in med school :/
Its not a rejection, you got invited to apply for their medpath program. I got one too!
congrats! you're right i should be more optimistic still a great opportunity
 
hey everyone,
did anyone get an email with the following:
"You have been scheduled to complete evaluation The Ohio State University College of Medicine Post Baccalaureate Program Application on 2018 Admission Class. You will have until -01/31/2018 11:59 PM to complete this evaluation"
I've been clicking the link for clarification for what exactly is going on..is this a rejection??
Thanks

Ah I am jealous! It is a great program!
 
hey everyone,
did anyone get an email with the following:
"You have been scheduled to complete evaluation The Ohio State University College of Medicine Post Baccalaureate Program Application on 2018 Admission Class. You will have until -01/31/2018 11:59 PM to complete this evaluation"
I've been clicking the link for clarification for what exactly is going on..is this a rejection??
Thanks
Awesome! Mind sharing when you were complete?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how to access a previously submitted supplemental application? I think mine has been removed and I don't think I saved it..
 
Do you guys know if it would be appropriate to email the school and ask about the status of my application since VITALS doesn't show squat? It says the same thing it said months ago, that my application is complete and faculty review is the next process. I just want to know if they have reviewed my application or not because I haven't heard from them in months.
 
Do you guys know if it would be appropriate to email the school and ask about the status of my application since VITALS doesn't show squat? It says the same thing it said months ago, that my application is complete and faculty review is the next process. I just want to know if they have reviewed my application or not because I haven't heard from them in months.


I am in the same boat as you.
 
Do you guys know if it would be appropriate to email the school and ask about the status of my application since VITALS doesn't show squat? It says the same thing it said months ago, that my application is complete and faculty review is the next process. I just want to know if they have reviewed my application or not because I haven't heard from them in months.

I was complete for ~4 months & silence (same for 60% of other schools on my list)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how long it is between interview and acceptance/rejected/waitlisted decision (approximately)?