Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent one in pre-II. Havent heard anything yet, but I was proud of what I accomplished and wanted to share that with them. In my opinion, I don't think it hurts to update.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
did anyone get accepted yesterday?
They only fill usually two weeks at a time and really try to get you in that block. So I don't think they have scheduled much past December and only for those who could not make those weeks work so don't lose hope!Does anyone know where interviews are at? Have they filled till February or further?
Do you know how far into the cycle do they extend interviews?
I think through March
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
congrats! did you get a call?Accepted! So excited!
Yes!congrats! did you get a call?
Is deferred like on hold? Or a rejection?Deferred this morning 🙁
OOS, re-applicant
Deferred means they’ve set aside your application for further review every two weeks until the end of the cycle. They may or may not accept you. If you’re still deferred by April 30th, you’re moved to the waitlist.Is deferred like on hold? Or a rejection?
I was recently deferred as well (late November), but last night I received the call that I have been accepted! Don't give up hope!!Deferred this morning 🙁
OOS, re-applicant
You inspire me!I was recently deferred as well (late November), but last night I received the call that I have been accepted! Don't give up hope!!
Does OSU accept updates pre II?
Did it change on vitals?Found out through the admissions office that I’m currently being screened by a faculty member. I wonder how long until a decision is made.
Did it change on vitals?
when did you submit? It seems like they tend to do us IS students later in the cycle. I was complete like 7/29 I think.Nope. I called them asking if they had unofficial hold statues, and she kindly offered to check the status of my application for me.
when did you submit? It seems like they tend to do us IS students later in the cycle. I was complete like 7/29 I think.
this might be a dumb question, but is this a screening pre or post interview?Found out through the admissions office that I’m currently being screened by a faculty member. I wonder how long until a decision is made.
this might be a dumb question, but is this a screening pre or post interview?
Winter break for undergrad started this past week. Based on last years tread, looks like they have some movement in mid/late january when they get back from break.do they reject prior to the spring? Also does anyone know when their winter break starts? I have a publication I want to update them on along with volunteering etc., but one of my postbac night class grades releases January 9th even tho I already took the final....do you think thats too long to wait? I would be telling them I got an A in an upper level organic chem class and my gpa is low so I guess maybe it would help a little but idk if waiting 2-3 weeks is fine
I'm OOS if it matters but I did shadow one doc for a few days in columbus who graduated from OSU med who wrote me a LOR so thats my only connection haha
when were you complete?II this morning! IS applicant. Received an email confirming II and status changed immediately on Vitals as well.
II this morning! IS applicant. Received an email confirming II and status changed immediately on Vitals as well.
what are your stats if you do not mind sharing? deferred as well and about to send an update!I was recently deferred as well (late November), but last night I received the call that I have been accepted! Don't give up hope!!
512, 3.97, IS, traditional applicantwhat are your stats if you do not mind sharing? deferred as well and about to send an update!
Mid July!Congrats! When were you complete?
Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing stats?Woah, totally random but got an II this morning! Complete in July! Super excited! (scheduled for mid-January)
Interview invite here for mid January
Complete late august, lizzym 69
In state? I was complete beginning of august but my LM is a bit lower than yours.Interview invite here for mid January
Complete late august, lizzym 69
Yep, grew up in columbus and currently working in another part of the stateIn state? I was complete beginning of august but my LM is a bit lower than yours.
Yep, grew up in columbus and currently working in another part of the state
Im grew up in another part but did UG and work at the med center so lets hope they start giving some IS love in january!Yep, grew up in columbus and currently working in another part of the state
Any thoughts on sending a grade update if it's consistent with my previous grades? I have almost a 4.0 and got all A's this past semester so it didn't really change anything GPA wise, but obviously didn't hurt either. I feel like they only care if it's something dramatic, but idk. I've been complete since late July and IS so I'm getting antsy :/
Open. One of my interviewers had my AMCAS right in front of themDoes OSU do open or closed interviews?
When I interviewed, they said that they might accept 1-2 people from each interview date early, but the rest of us would hear back in February.Any post-II MSTP applicants hear anything back yet or when we can expect to?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.