2017-2018 Ohio State University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They said I was in faculty review but I didnt know what step of the process that was. I thought it was the first step still.
From what I understand, the faculty member scores your app and then it's either an interview or get put on hold. Apparently a good number of people haven't even been sent to faculty review yet.
 
From what I understand, the faculty member scores your app and then it's either an interview or get put on hold. Apparently a good number of people haven't even been sent to faculty review yet.
I hope I get one of those sweet sweet IIs. Considering I just had my PI write me a LOR and he use to be an adcom there. And I have another adcom letter. And im sitting here literally right next door to the COM and constantly see interviewees doing tours 🙁((((
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II this morning as well! But when I went to schedule (since you have to do it within 72 hours of receiving the II), Vitals hadn't updated yet :/

EDIT: Vitals updated and... I was assigned next week. Luckily I am IS, but I was not expecting it to be that soon.
 
Last edited:
ii this morning as well at 8:50 am EST! My vitals application portal also hasn't updated so it is scaring me that it was a mistake. Should I call tomorrow and see whats going on? Really hope its not a mistake! LizzyM 74.5 Cali applicant. Complete in November.

I got an II a few months back. I just got an email saying vitals has been updated, then logged onto vitals and nothing had changed. It was around the oct. 16th date when people had been receiving their first acceptances so I thought it was just a mistake email and nothing had actually updated. Checked again the next morning and saw the II on vitals. If you don’t see it tomorrow morning/afternoon I would go ahead and give them a call but it’s probably just a lag so don’t worry 🙂


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I got an II a few months back. I just got an email saying vitals has been updated, then logged onto vitals and nothing had changed. It was around the oct. 16th date when people had been receiving their first acceptances so I thought it was just a mistake email and nothing had actually updated. Checked again the next morning and saw the II on vitals. If you don’t see it tomorrow morning/afternoon I would go ahead and give them a call but it’s probably just a lag so don’t worry 🙂


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh ok cool thanks so much! Have u heard post interview yet? I hope your application cycle is going well!
 
Oh ok cool thanks so much! Have u heard post interview yet? I hope your application cycle is going well!

Yep I was accepted! They will give you a little card at your interview that has the decision date. I think it’s typically like 2 weeks after your interview so you won’t have to wait long. Thanks! Best of luck on your interview!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yep I was accepted! They will give you a little card at your interview that has the decision date. I think it’s typically like 2 weeks after your interview so you won’t have to wait long. Thanks! Best of luck on your interview!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats! And thanks so much! Do you have any words of advice for me going in? It would be so amazing to go to OSU! It’s such an amazing school!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! And thanks so much! Do you have any words of advice for me going in? It would be so amazing to go to OSU! It’s such an amazing school!

I would say just know your application and be able to talk about your experiences in a conversational manner. Both my student and faculty interviews were fairly relaxed. They asked sorta traditional questions and then from there the follow up questions turned pretty conversational. No tricky ethics or stress questions, but each interviewer might be different so think about the ethical questions a little maybe but don’t really worry about it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'm going to be out of the country from March 10-18 on a mission trip. Is this something that I should make them aware of before or after an II?
 
For those of you accepted, do we have to pay the fee right away or can we wait until spring to make a school decision since it's non-refundable? I was accepted back in November and still haven't paid it, but want to make sure I'm still eligible for merit scholarships.
 
Has OSU rejected anyone? I feel like they just accept the people they want then defer everyone else until April 5th and reject them all at once.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thoughts on pre-II letter of interest? Sounds cliche but I would take an OSU acceptance over any ivy/other higher ranked institution for personal reasons.
Same. I’m still holding out for an II. You could maybe call and ask admissions but I feel like you could do an update+continued interest. That’s what a lot of people do if you have info you can update them about.
 
super unexpected II today! Georgia said a spot opened up for the Monday March 5th interview slot and I was next on her list! SO unbelievably excited! Any advice / tips would be appreciated. I am hesitant because it is late in the season....idk how realistically an acceptance would be
Idk, seems like OSU's season was running kind of late anyway. Probably worth a shot!
 
super unexpected II today! Georgia said a spot opened up for the Monday March 5th interview slot and I was next on her list! SO unbelievably excited! Any advice / tips would be appreciated. I am hesitant because it is late in the season....idk how realistically an acceptance would be
They limit their acceptances throughout the year so that those interviewing later are still interviewing for spots! Many of my classmates interviewed in March. Good luck! 🙂
 
super unexpected II today! Georgia said a spot opened up for the Monday March 5th interview slot and I was next on her list! SO unbelievably excited! Any advice / tips would be appreciated. I am hesitant because it is late in the season....idk how realistically an acceptance would be
got the exact same email yesterday hahaha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the same boat :O. Have you reached out to the admissions office yet?
No, I'm going to wait until tomorrow. Maybe they're running behind because of President's Day weekend? Also, I noticed in earlier posts that some people had to wait an extra day before Vitals allowed them to confirm their interview, so it could be an updating issue with the system.

EDIT: Vitals updated today. I got deferred.
 
Last edited: