2017-2018 Rosalind Franklin University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Huge increase in facebook group last Friday.

Hopefully the wave will continue into next week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear anything recently or have any new insights??

Its hard to put together another application while still on waitlist. Anyone have luck contacting the admissions office?

Reactions: 1 user
Its hard to put together another application while still on waitlist. Anyone have luck contacting the admissions office?
What kind of luck? I have called and spoken with someone in the admissions office.

Does anyone know how to find your CAS ID number? Is it the same as the AMCAS number?

It appears that waitlist is still moving with more students joining on facebook today. Keeping my hopes for next week.

Have any admitted students started looking at housing? Woodlands is pricey but there don't seem to be many quality apartments in the area.

Have any admitted students started looking at housing? Woodlands is pricey but there don't seem to be many quality apartments in the area.

Lol Woodlands is not pricy. It’s like max $800 a person for a double.

Members don't see this ad :)

I did! I wanted a single and the cheapest option at Woodlands [since I have a dog] was $1300. There's plenty of options around the area A LOT nicer than Woodlands for around the same price or lower. I toured 5 apartments last weekend so PM me if you want some details on the ones I toured!

Im the most annoying person on this thread, but anyone experience any good news or movement?

There are now 114 members in the FB group. It’s been going up steadily, albeit slowly. Seems like they’re trying to accept people who will definitely attend, so perhaps if you don’t have another acceptance at this point, your odds are better?

Any current CMS students, do you know if the school provides us access to UWorld, First-Aid, or anything like that?

Any current CMS students, do you know if the school provides us access to UWorld, First-Aid, or anything like that?
We've been getting a firecracker subscription, but that's getting traded in for UWorld starting this fall.
FA you can get with an AMA membership, which is not much money and will constantly, repeatedly be offered to you once you matriculate, whether you take it or not.
Plenty of other resources available too. Don't stress about it now, you'll get all of it when you arrive.

What kind of luck? I have called and spoken with someone in the admissions office.

In the two times I have called, I was transferred to the office, and the phone not picked up. I'll call again tomorrow!

If we are submitting a reapp to AMCAS this week is it going to ruin our chances to get in off the WL for the '18 cycle if we submit a '19 primary to rosalind?

If we are submitting a reapp to AMCAS this week is it going to ruin our chances to get in off the WL for the '18 cycle if we submit a '19 primary to rosalind?
I’m in the same boat- my plan for now is to submit to other schools first and if I’m still not accepted by the time my application is verified/secondaries come out, then I’ll go ahead and send my primary to RFU

I’m in the same boat- my plan for now is to submit to other schools first and if I’m still not accepted by the time my application is verified/secondaries come out, then I’ll go ahead and send my primary to RFU

I would do exactly what this person is doing. Start the 2018-2019 AMCAS application, send in all your transcripts and letters of rec, and start the verification process. If you have still haven't heard back from RFU by the time your 2018/19 app is verified, send in your primary and start the process over again.

I can't exactly speak for the ADCOM here, but I'm almost positive that doing so would not hurt your chance. The schools know that the applicants have to do whats best for themselves, and resubmitting your primary doesn't mean you withdrawing from the waiting list, it just means you're hedging your bets in case you don't get in.

Just got accepted off the waitlist, will not be attending, open spot for you folks

Reactions: 5 users
I got an acceptance email today around 3pm (waitlisted from the 2/16 interview day). I'm still in disbelief. This is my 6th cycle of applying to medical school and my first acceptance. I keep thinking they sent it by accident. OOS 518 MCAT, 3.59 GPA

Reactions: 12 users
also when were the recently accepted students waitlisted! congrats to all!

I got an acceptance email today around 3pm (waitlisted from the 2/16 interview day). I'm still in disbelief. This is my 6th cycle of applying to medical school and my first acceptance. I keep thinking they sent it by accident. OOS 518 MCAT, 3.59 GPA
Congrats!!!! :highfive::welcome:

Got accepted off WL earlier today!!! Interviewed early march, waitlisted late march. Feels so warm and fuzzy guys.

Reactions: 3 users
So happy you finally got a decision! Where will you be heading?

I’ll be attending FIU unless I get off any other waitlists!

I got the email around 4 I think but I’m abroad right now so I’m not sure lol

Got accepted off WL earlier today!!! Interviewed early march, waitlisted late march. Feels so warm and fuzzy guys.
WOOH! So happy for you!! you have always been a real one on this thread!!

Does anyone who accepted the offer know how long it takes to receive your RFU email? I accepted this morning and havent gotten anything

Does anyone recall from interview day what the testing schedule would be like in the new curriculum? i.e. weekly or every other week, what day of the week, etc?

I have a question for you guys! So I see the secondaries are very brief here at 150 words (hopefully not 100 words this year) and I was wondering: how did you guys abbreviate "Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science"? Can I just say "CMS"? I really need an abbreviation for my diversity essay for this school with the limited word count.

I have a question for you guys! So I see the secondaries are very brief here at 150 words (hopefully not 100 words this year) and I was wondering: how did you guys abbreviate "Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science"? Can I just say "CMS"? I really need an abbreviation for my diversity essay for this school with the limited word count.
CMS or RFU

Does anyone who accepted the offer know how long it takes to receive your RFU email? I accepted this morning and havent gotten anything

Wondering the same lol, accepted last week and completed intent to enroll/payment, still haven't heard much

Any unaccepted CMS waitlisters still lurking? I'm in that boat. I know analyzing FB is not reliable - but do other people also think the number of members still looks really low?? Trying to decide how much hope to hold out. I do have one other acceptance, but the location is pretty tough - doable of course, but complicated. I'm married and RFUMS would be 100x better for my husband's job situation and just other life stuff in general. Best of luck to those still hanging out on the waitlist.

Any unaccepted CMS waitlisters still lurking? I'm in that boat. I know analyzing FB is not reliable - but do other people also think the number of members still looks really low?? Trying to decide how much hope to hold out. I do have one other acceptance, but the location is pretty tough - doable of course, but complicated. I'm married and RFUMS would be 100x better for my husband's job situation and just other life stuff in general. Best of luck to those still hanging out on the waitlist.

Same. I don’t really understand WHY they’d put everything off to so late in the cycle, so I don’t have a lot of hope that there’s going to be a big influx of acceptances. All my other schools have 200-350 people in their Facebook groups, though, so it’s pretty confusing.

Does anyone recall from interview day what the testing schedule would be like in the new curriculum? i.e. weekly or every other week, what day of the week, etc?
The average will be 1 combined exam every 3 weeks, but that will vary +/- depending on what block you're in, so sometimes it will be 2 or 4 weeks between exams. Exams are either on Monday or Friday.
Also on weeks where there aren't combined exams, there will be mini, check-in, progress monitoring exams, but I'm unclear on if or how those would factor into grades. The impression I got though was that those mini-exams are not stress-worthy. They'll tell you all that with the syllabus presentations on the first day though.

Got off waitlist - but declined offer b/c of $. Best wishes to the person who receives the acceptance! You will do great here :)

Has anyone received merit-based scholarships to CMS?

Accepted from waitlist today!
Dream finally came true!

A question for accepted students, while paying for deposit, it asks for the program year. I put down 2018. Is this correct? I feel like the program year should be 2018 since class starts in the fall of 2018 and class year is 2022.

Reactions: 4 users
I am trying to get a head start on secondaries. Would anybody be willing to take a look at mine?

Has anyone received merit-based scholarships to CMS?
Only a few students get the merit-based scholarship. The offer comes with the acceptance. There will be an opportunity to apply for a financial based scholarship later in the school year.

Only a few students get the merit-based scholarship. The offer comes with the acceptance. There will be an opportunity to apply for a financial based scholarship later in the school year.
I was accepted in October and just got my merit scholarship a few days ago via email.