2017-2018 Rosalind Franklin University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There is no way to actual check our status with RFUMS correct? It was an odd format, felt like a google form that you cannot go back and look at.

I don't believe so. They said they stay in communication through emails, and I haven't seen anything anywhere about a status link.

Members don't see this ad.

Just received a complete email. Submitted early july, casper 7/26

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else submitted quite a while ago but no complete email?

Yes, I submitted in Mid July and had all my letters in, but I just received my complete email earlier today. I just had just assumed they didn't send a complete email.

Reactions: 1 user
I took the 7/26 casper and sent my application in a few weeks ago, but have not gotten a complete email. I'll update when I have. Can I assume they have my CASPer score?

I took the 7/26 casper and sent my application in a few weeks ago, but have not gotten a complete email. I'll update when I have. Can I assume they have my CASPer score?
Same. Submitted secondary 7/20. Took CASPer 7/26. No complete email so far.

Update: got the complete email a few hours later.

Last edited:
They probably have people individually putting in the computer that they've received your score. Just takes longer! :)

They probably have people individually putting in the computer that they've received your score. Just takes longer! :)

Makes sense. I just checked my NYMC account and no CASPer info in there, either. I'll check tomorrow. I need to get everything done before school starts Monday.

For those of us travelling into Chicago for the interview (if/when we hear about interviews), how do you plan on getting from the airport to a hotel near RFUMS?
Don't take the city cabs that are parked right outside of terminal as they charge double the price as soon as you leave Chicago (it will cost you anywhere from 140-180$ to get to RFU). I would suggest Uber or the private taxi companies that the school recommends ( their info will be found in your interview email). Disregard the hotels that they recommend. The best one in the area (less than 2 miles away) is Sleep Inn Lake Bluff and rooms go anywhere from $75-120 compared to $140+ at the Marriot or Hyatt.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received the complete status today after my CASPer 7/26

Sight I submitted 7/01 and took Casper 7/06 and still no complete email :( I wish they had a portal or something.

:)Complete email this morning! I almost gave up

There is no way to actual check our status with RFUMS correct? It was an odd format, felt like a google form that you cannot go back and look at.

I don't believe so. They said they stay in communication through emails, and I haven't seen anything anywhere about a status link.

There isn't a portal. This school receives a ton of applications, so things can move slowly. Email is your best bet to communicate with them.

*Edit* fixed quotes

Anyone know average LizzyM score for Rosalind Franklin? Mine is 65 - not sure what my chances are.
AMCAS cGPA 3.22, sGPA 3.7, MCAT 513 (Also have a Master's with 3.7 GPA but not included in any AMCAS GPAs as it's from the UK).

I skipped the first essay question because I was in a rush to send it all in and kind of didn't think a "conflict in journey to med school" applied to me (until I read the posts here that people said it means any conflict at all)... But do you all think I made a bad choice? Kinda can't stop thinking about it! I answered the second one pretty well, I think, but I feel like leaving something blank might look bad :/

I skipped the first essay question because I was in a rush to send it all in and kind of didn't think a "conflict in journey to med school" applied to me (until I read the posts here that people said it means any conflict at all)... But do you all think I made a bad choice? Kinda can't stop thinking about it! I answered the second one pretty well, I think, but I feel like leaving something blank might look bad :/
If they say optional, they mean optional. If they wanted everyone to answer it they would make it mandatory.

If anyone else hasn't been complete yet, I just contacted the school about it today and they said they're really backed up and just getting through them in order. For reference, I took the June 28th CASPER and submitted everything on July 1st and still have not received a complete e-mail...

Reactions: 3 users
If anyone else hasn't been complete yet, I just contacted the school about it today and they said they're really backed up and just getting through them in order. For reference, I took the June 28th CASPER and submitted everything on July 1st and still have not received a complete e-mail...

That's so weird .. I took Casper on 7/9, submitted my secondary on 8/8 and marked complete on 8/10

That's so weird .. I took Casper on 7/9, submitted my secondary on 8/8 and marked complete on 8/10
Yeah, I don't know. I basically asked them if I was missing anything, but I've pretty much triple-checked it all. Maybe I am complete and they just never sent the e-mail? Who knows. I'll give it a week and then call back.

do we need to complete casper in order to be invited for an interview?

"All applicants to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University are required to complete a CASPer assessment to assist with our selection process. Successful completion of CASPer is mandatory."
^Direct quote from their website.

RFU won't consider your app complete and ready for review for the possibility of extending an II until they get your CASPer scores. So if you haven't taken it yet, you should, ASAP.
"Successful completion of CASPer is mandatory."
I think some schools will extend IIs before they get the CASPer scores back and just use them to help with post-interview decisions.

Took 8/10 CASPer, submitted around 7/31. No complete status as of yet.

Just got complete after submitting in mid July. Really ridiculous how long it takes...

guys I was kidding about the II, I wish.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Did anyone leave the first secondary question blank, about challenges on the journey to medical school? I can think of a few but I feel like they will pale in comparison to people who faced true challenges, like illness or financial strain, so thinking about leaving it blank.

Did anyone leave the first secondary question blank, about challenges on the journey to medical school? I can think of a few but I feel like they will pale in comparison to people who faced true challenges, like illness or financial strain, so thinking about leaving it blank.

It's a good thing to not have "true" challenges, I don't think they'd dock you for that. But explaining how you managed to overcome some sort of challenge, because there will be plenty in med school and beyond, could help your application, in my opinion.

I still haven't received a complete email yet. Submitted secondary Aug 11th and was done Casper on June 26th. Others with similar dates still waiting or heard anything yet??

It's a good thing to not have "true" challenges, I don't think they'd dock you for that. But explaining how you managed to overcome some sort of challenge, because there will be plenty in med school and beyond, could help your application, in my opinion.

very true very true, thanks for your insight!

How do we check our status? The secondary is like a google forms, so I cant track whether they received everything from me. Is further communication through email only?

How do we check our status? The secondary is like a google forms, so I cant track whether they received everything from me. Is further communication through email only?
Correct, there's no portal to check status

WELP! Friday has come and gone (business hrs). Hoping next week we start to hear about some IIs

Reactions: 4 users
I still haven't received a complete email yet. Submitted secondary Aug 11th and was done Casper on June 26th. Others with similar dates still waiting or heard anything yet??

I submitted secondary on July 3rd, with June 26 casper, and no complete email.

It took me close to 3 weeks to get complete after submitting the secondary. This is normal to not hear anything atm

It took me close to 3 weeks to get complete after submitting the secondary. This is normal to not hear anything atm
I wonder how long it takes after complete email to find out about II

Reactions: 2 users
Just my opinion, but:
If you believe you have something worth expressing that is relevant toward the prompt, then I would say definitely go for it. You may be missing out on an opportunity to express a side of yourself that the admissions committee may not have seen otherwise. A "challenge" is fairly subjective. Specific events may be more impactful to certain people than to others. The important thing is to clearly express why the event was such a meaningful experience in your own personal journey to medical school.

Did anyone else accidentally submit too many letters to the school, and how did you explain that to the office? when I was assigning letters before getting the secondary, I thought my committee packet and 2 individual letters would count as 3. I submitted my secondary last week and was planning on calling them Monday morning to explain, so I was wondering if anyone had any advice for this situation

Did anyone else accidentally submit too many letters to the school, and how did you explain that to the office? when I was assigning letters before getting the secondary, I thought my committee packet and 2 individual letters would count as 3. I submitted my secondary last week and was planning on calling them Monday morning to explain, so I was wondering if anyone had any advice for this situation
I sent six I think lol. So what happens now.

I am an M1 at RFU. Feel free to PM me or ask your questions in this thread.

The interview cycle has already started here for PAs, and MD II should be rolling out next week or so.

Reactions: 4 users