You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 SUNY - Downstate
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same. Still holding out hope, but fading fastStill in pre-II hold![]()
how do i send the committee an update letter without them thinking that I'm withdrawing my app? (got the interview interest email a couple weeks ago)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted just now! Interviewed mid October, put on hold in december
Accepted 30 mins ago!
Interviewed mid December and placed on hold earlier this month
Interviewed mid December and placed on hold earlier this monthIS or OOS? Thanks! I’m also waiting to hear backAccepted 30 mins ago!Interviewed mid December and placed on hold earlier this month
D
deleted894622
Accepted 30 mins ago!Interviewed mid December and placed on hold earlier this month
Congrats to you! Did you send any sort of letter of interest or intent?
I'm ISIS or OOS? Thanks! I’m also waiting to hear back
Thanks! Nope, I was starting the process of preparing the letter when the acceptance email came through.Congrats to you! Did you send any sort of letter of interest or intent?
I hope good news is heading your way guys.
COngrats! Did you send any updates post-II and hold?Accepted 30 mins ago!Interviewed mid December and placed on hold earlier this month
Congrats! Did you send any updates post II and hold?Accepted just now! Interviewed mid October, put on hold in december
Anyone who interviewed this month (2/18): have you had the peer interview? Will they email you to schedule or just call?
I had my peer interview yesterday. First the school emails you that a student will be in contact shortly, and then the student will contact you probably through email within the week to schedule a time for a call.
Congrats! Did you send any updates post II and hold?
Thanks! I did not send anything after my interview or after I was put on hold.
Any input on the average decision time after the peer-to-peer interview?
D
deleted894622
Any input on the average decision time after the peer-to-peer interview?
From what I've seen on this thread, it varies. Personally, I heard back the following day (HFS)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After over 2 months of not being contacted for my peer-to-peer interview, i've had multiple phone conversations with the people at the admissions office. From my understanding, the student interviewer that's supposed to contact me has not turned in the necessary paperwork or followed up on their end. I'm usually a pretty patient and relaxed person but I'm a bit worried about this affecting my chances because SUNY Downstate seems to be a rolling admissions school. I interviewed 12/18 and just feel like this is hurting my chances a bit but i'm unsure of how to bring it up. Any advice?
After over 2 months of not being contacted for my peer-to-peer interview, i've had multiple phone conversations with the people at the admissions office. From my understanding, the student interviewer that's supposed to contact me has not turned in the necessary paperwork or followed up on their end. I'm usually a pretty patient and relaxed person but I'm a bit worried about this affecting my chances because SUNY Downstate seems to be a rolling admissions school. I interviewed 12/18 and just feel like this is hurting my chances a bit but i'm unsure of how to bring it up. Any advice?
I interviewed the first week of December. I called about 2 weeks ago and asked and they said they would look into it. Just had mine today. I would say be a bit more patient and if you dont hear in another week or two then maybe call again. Hang in there!
Yeah, I figured as much! Thanks for your reply. I'm a professional when it comes to waiting at this point.I interviewed the first week of December. I called about 2 weeks ago and asked and they said they would look into it. Just had mine today. I would say be a bit more patient and if you dont hear in another week or two then maybe call again. Hang in there!
After over 2 months of not being contacted for my peer-to-peer interview, i've had multiple phone conversations with the people at the admissions office. From my understanding, the student interviewer that's supposed to contact me has not turned in the necessary paperwork or followed up on their end. I'm usually a pretty patient and relaxed person but I'm a bit worried about this affecting my chances because SUNY Downstate seems to be a rolling admissions school. I interviewed 12/18 and just feel like this is hurting my chances a bit but i'm unsure of how to bring it up. Any advice?
waited about 8 weeks for my peer to peer convo, the day after I was accepted... youll be fine!
After over 2 months of not being contacted for my peer-to-peer interview, i've had multiple phone conversations with the people at the admissions office. From my understanding, the student interviewer that's supposed to contact me has not turned in the necessary paperwork or followed up on their end. I'm usually a pretty patient and relaxed person but I'm a bit worried about this affecting my chances because SUNY Downstate seems to be a rolling admissions school. I interviewed 12/18 and just feel like this is hurting my chances a bit but i'm unsure of how to bring it up. Any advice?
Same story, but interviewed in September ......
Been nearly 4 weeks post-P2P convo with no response
After over 2 months of not being contacted for my peer-to-peer interview, i've had multiple phone conversations with the people at the admissions office. From my understanding, the student interviewer that's supposed to contact me has not turned in the necessary paperwork or followed up on their end. I'm usually a pretty patient and relaxed person but I'm a bit worried about this affecting my chances because SUNY Downstate seems to be a rolling admissions school. I interviewed 12/18 and just feel like this is hurting my chances a bit but i'm unsure of how to bring it up. Any advice?
Hey! Adding on to the list...I waited 4 months for my P2P. It was a loooong wait haha. I sent a polite inquiry to admissions and eventually was contacted. I guess it just depends on who was assigned to you and how good they are at following through. Just keep an eye out for the contact email from Downstate!
How long before your P2P did you have your interview?Been nearly 4 weeks post-P2P convo with no response
3 weeksHow long before your P2P did you have your interview?
Yikes, 4 months is an incredibly long time. I feel as if i'm interviewing for the waitlist at this point and have contacted the admissions office through phone a bit too much. Not sure at what point I should make another effort to give them a call or reach out to them by e-mail.Hey! Adding on to the list...I waited 4 months for my P2P. It was a loooong wait haha. I sent a polite inquiry to admissions and eventually was contacted. I guess it just depends on who was assigned to you and how good they are at following through. Just keep an eye out for the contact email from Downstate!
Put on hold for spring consideration just now, interviewed december, peer interview in jan OOS
Hold for spring consideration today. interviewed early Jan, P2P early February. IS
What does this really mean? When are they going to consider you? Is this sort of like a waitlist?Hold for spring consideration, interviewed mid nov, P2P last week
What does this really mean? When are they going to consider you? Is this sort of like a waitlist?
Pretty much. I think they mean they'll make a decision after the april 30th deadline.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks!Pretty much. I think they mean they'll make a decision after the april 30th deadline.
I still have nothing, >3 weeks after P2P.
So much anxiety.
When did you interview?Thanks!
I still have nothing, >3 weeks after P2P.
So much anxiety.
The peer interview can take a very long time. I interviewed in Sept, didn't have a peer call until Nov, received my hold status end of Nov. still on hold post II.... I don't think there is any correlation about how long it takes for someone to reach out to you and acceptance. So, don't worry!
D
deleted894622
Accepted! interviewed in December, will likely be withdrawing before April 30th though
Congrats! Were you place HFS first or just directly accepted?
Placed on HFS like a week or two ago, didn’t send any updates or anything. LM of 76Congrats! Were you place HFS first or just directly accepted?
3 weeks agoWhen did you interview?
Just rejected, thought I had a chance at an II because I got that email a few weeks ago lol
Same to both things. I was really trying not to read into it, but it definitely made me hopeful! Considering the email was called "Confirmation of Interview Interest"...Just rejected, thought I had a chance at an II because I got that email a few weeks ago lol
Last edited:
Same to both things I was really trying not to read into it, but it definitely made me hopeful! Considering the email was called "Confirmation of Interview Interest"...
Lmao I know. This cycle has taught me that med school admissions is ruthless
Congrats! Did you get an email or call?II a few minutes ago. Wasn’t expecting anything this late in the cycle. Complete 9/15. LizzyM 65
Congrats! Did you get an email or call?
Thank you! I got a call from the admissions office this morning.
Interesting... Did you receive the interview interest email?Thank you! I got a call from the admissions office this morning.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Were you placed on hold before? Did anyone previously placed on hold receive an II?II received today, interviewing 3/14. Who knew they sent out interviews this late? I'm pretty happy to be honest.
Congrats! did you get that email of interview interest?Wow just got my first II of the cycle from here today! Compete 9/13, LizzyM ~70
II this morning! Silence until now
