2017-2018 Tulane University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else been at the green check mark for ~2 months. Wonder if they even have anymore interviews left.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also rejected pre II this morning. GPA 3.6 MCAT 513. OOS and complete 8/17

any more acceptances? and to those who have been accepted: when did you interview?

Reactions: 1 user
JUST GOT AN II!!

Literally in tears right now because of everybody scheduling interviews into 2018 already.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Just curious, what interview dates do they have going now?

Snagged the only available date I saw in November. Nothing in October or December.

As soon as I read over the email and saw "Dates fill up very quickly and they are first come first serve! Do not wait to schedule the interview!", I was like...

little-girl-running-away.jpg

Reactions: 12 users
I apply late (last week of September). Do I have a chance to be accepted and my stats are gpa 3.98 mcat 515 good ec's, shadows & volunteer.

Last edited:
I apply late (last week of September). Do I have a chance to accepted and my stats are gpa 3.98 mcat 515 good ec's, shadows & volunteer.
Unlikely but possible!

I apply late (last week of September). Do I have a chance to accepted and my stats are gpa 3.98 mcat 515 good ec's, shadows & volunteer.

In another thread, you said you had 3.96 and 516 :eyebrow:

actually m

yeah, it's 516 I just make a mistake that I type 515.
In his defense at least he didn’t press control+c and just paste in 40 different threads like I’ve seen others do.

I interviewed on 9/15 and haven’t heard anything. I’m sure it’s not good news but I just want to hear it!

Has anyone outside of the ED group heard anything back?

Didn't they say 2-3 weeks to receive a decision? Do they do silent rejections/waitlists?
Yes and I interviewed 4 wks before the 10-15 release date. They do say October-December is their 'busy season' but I think it probably is silent treatment for me.

Edit: Okay I rescind my comment - sounds like a lot (all?) of non-ED interviewees are waiting to hear back. There is hope yet!

Last edited:
For those of you who interviewed non-ED and have not heard back: most of us (minus 1 person) are on the same boat... don’t fret!

Reactions: 7 users
Every time I hear a country song that goes "driving down a TWO LANE road" I hear " driving down a TULANE road"........

I also interviewed 9/15 and haven't heard anything. Pretty pessimistic at this point.

Reactions: 5 users
Every time I hear a country song that goes "driving down a TWO LANE road" I hear " driving down a TULANE road"........

I also interviewed 9/15 and haven't heard anything. Pretty pessimistic at this point.
I'm also team 9/15 interview! Silence and sadness here... Silence and sadness... Lol

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder what the heck is going on at the Tulane admissions office...what's with the silence lol

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed the first week still SILENCE

Last edited:
Interviewed the first week and the interview went PERFECTLY... 519, global health experience, tons of service, urm, committed to underserved communities...still SILENCE
And yet so humble! Just kidding.

Reactions: 15 users
Is Tulane still sending out IIs? Complete mid-Aug and still under review with no further info.

Anyone interviewing this Friday? Does anyone want to hang around New Orleans Thursday? Supposed to be really nice. Also, any med students that want to Loll? Tulane is one of my top schools and very excited this week finally came

Rejected this morning pre-II. Was complete 8/18. GPA 3.4, MCAT 516. OOS
Hey sorry to hear that! I have similar stats as you and was completed around same time. I got green checkmark on Sep 27. Do you remember when you got yours? Thanks.

Anyone interviewing this Friday? Does anyone want to hang around New Orleans Thursday? Supposed to be really nice. Also, any med students that want to Loll? Tulane is one of my top schools and very excited this week finally came

I'll be there Friday, but I'm not coming in until late-ish Thursday night. Planning on hanging out Friday night, though!

I'll be there Friday, but I'm not coming in until late-ish Thursday night. Planning on hanging out Friday night, though!

ahh damn. im going tomorrow night and leaving Friday at 6pm lol .... maybe i'll grab cafe du monde after the interview and before my flight tho haha

ahh damn. im going tomorrow night and leaving Friday at 6pm lol .... maybe i'll grab cafe du monde after the interview and before my flight tho haha

Honestly I had a day to myself after my interview and loved it. Just take a stroll around the French quarter, hit the tourist spots and the WWII museum if you’re into that. You can have a lot of fun in NO even on your own!

Honestly I had a day to myself after my interview and loved it. Just take a stroll around the French quarter, hit the tourist spots and the WWII museum if you’re into that. You can have a lot of fun in NO even on your own!

Yeah I’m spending Thursday to do all of that...and was wondering if anyone would be down as well.

Thanks for the insight. I’ll look into the WWII museum

I'll see you there! If we're done interviewing early enough, the line might not be wrapped around the square yet. Lol

someone should take one for the team and call the office again :)