2017-2018 Tulane University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an acceptance email today!!! Interviewed 9/28/17.
I noticed that all my emails from tulane (secondary + II) came in at ~7:40AM PST so I checked my email before work and it came exactly at 7:40 again today haha. Good luck everybody!
Congratulations!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
does Tulane notify you if you're placed on hold pre-II? I was complete 8/9 and green checkmark 9/4, but I haven't gotten an email yet, so I wanted to know if they silently hold you until the very end.

does Tulane notify you if you're placed on hold pre-II? I was complete 8/9 and green checkmark 9/4, but I haven't gotten an email yet, so I wanted to know if they silently hold you until the very end.

They either reject you or hold you silently until the end from what it looks like. I was held until the end last cycle before being rejected (applied really late).

Members don't see this ad :)
They either reject you or hold you silently until the end from what it looks like. I was held until the end last cycle before being rejected (applied really late).
thanks for the input! when did you apply last cycle?

have those who interviewed in early october heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd love to know why they are diverging from their normal timeline!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted this morning (not at 7:40am). Interviewed 10/2.

Reactions: 5 users
I wonder which interviewers are assigned to slower adcom members..

Just got a pre-II rejection :dead: Complete 8/17 not sure when I got the green checkmark I'm sure I posted it here earlier in the thread.

Just got a pre-II rejection :dead: Complete 8/17 not sure when I got the green checkmark I'm sure I posted it here earlier in the thread.
Rejected pre-II
Pre-II rejection. Got the green checkmark sometime mid September. Best of luck to those still in the running!

Im sorry to hear this. I have been sitting at the green checkmark since July and havent heard anything.

Do you mind sharing how you were informed of the rejection? Did you get an email or was it on your portal?

Im sorry to hear this. I have been sitting at the green checkmark since July and havent heard anything.

Do you mind sharing how you were informed of the rejection? Did you get an email or was it on your portal?
I received an email.

They let you know through E-mail

Withdrew my app from my II on 12/4... Hope one of you gets my spot :) Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
It's been 5 weeks since my interview and I still haven't heard anything - so disappointing because Tulane was my top choice going into the cycle. But not surprised at all seeing how many great applicants didn't even make it to the interview stage.

Reactions: 4 users
It's been 5 weeks since my interview and I still haven't heard anything - so disappointing because Tulane was my top choice going into the cycle. But not surprised at all seeing how many great applicants didn't even make it to the interview stage.
I am feel the same exact way. I think if they hadn't told us that we'd hear back in mid October it wouldn't be so bad. But now every day just seems like another disappointment!

I am feel the same exact way. I think if they hadn't told us that we'd hear back in mid October it wouldn't be so bad. But now every day just seems like another disappointment!

I know!! I have been waiting impatiently cuz I wanted to book flights to get a second look of the cities of the med schools I’ve been accepted to with my gf because her opinion matters too. And I can’t book New Orleans if they won’t get back to me haha! Prices are only going higher

c_mon__do_something____by_onyxcarmine-da68jyn.png

Me Looking at my email 7 weeks post interview...

Reactions: 5 users

7 weeks since mine. Maybe two months will be my magic number?
c_mon__do_something____by_onyxcarmine-da68jyn.png

Me Looking at my email 7 weeks post interview...

Same. Two months is the charm? Maybe?

Reactions: 3 users
Reppin' the 09/15 squad! #offeredadmission Praying more of my 9/15 crew makes it through and congrats to those who received an offer as well :)

Edit: The offer was made Mon., not today, to clarify.

Reactions: 4 users
anyone know if they have anymore IIs to give out? I've been complete green check mark and all for months :confused:
tulane please love me...or at least rip the bandaid off already

Reppin' the 09/15 squad! #offeredadmission Praying more of my 9/15 crew makes it through and congrats to those who received an offer as well :)

Edit: The offer was made Mon., not today, to clarify.

Congratulations! Hope I get to join you :luck:

anyone know if they have anymore IIs to give out? I've been complete green check mark and all for months :confused:
tulane please love me...or at least rip the bandaid off already

If you haven’t been rejected that means they probably want to interview you, and are waiting for people to cancel so more spots become available

When you submit updates through the portal, do the admissions committee receive it right away? Will they consider it even if they are on the verge of making a decision?

I did a Master's from here (with a 3.75 GPA) and still no interview. Kinda bummed.