2017-2018 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello Everyone! First-year WUSM student here. Just wanted to give you a break from the stress of the application cycle and share our Class Show with you. You can watch this year's musical parody, Just Crammin' - A Parody of Havana (Camilla Cabello ft. Young Thug), as well as over a dozen other hilarious skits in the playlist here: .

Hope to see you all here in the Fall!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten in off the waitlist lately? Normally there's tons of May acceptances here reported on SDN by now and they said there should be waitlist movement May 10-15..

Has anyone gotten in off the waitlist lately? Normally there's tons of May acceptances here reported on SDN by now and they said there should be waitlist movement May 10-15..

There was one reported WL acceptance on 5/8. Last year, there was reported movement on 5/1, 5/2, 5/17, 5/19, 5/30, and 6/23.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was accepted today off the waitlist!! Is there a Facebook group?

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know when we get more information on health forms or other forms we need to complete?

There was one reported WL acceptance on 5/8. Last year, there was reported movement on 5/1, 5/2, 5/17, 5/19, 5/30, and 6/23.

Anyone have any idea how many people are on the WL?

WL movement has definitely been slower than previous years. There are only two possible reasons: (1) WUSTL figured out how to maintain their yield, so they have less available slots for waitlisters; or (2) they are just moving super slow this year, for whatever reason. FWIW, the FB group is down to 213 people (about half being current students), which to me indicates that there isn't anything abnormal this year, and they have yet to fill their class. Anyone have any thoughts? It would be really great if anyone with more information could weigh in.

Reactions: 1 users
JUST GOT THE CALL FROM DEAN RATTS! Accepted just now!!!!

Reactions: 15 users
Made the extremely difficult decision to withdraw from this incredible institution. Hope one of you get off the waitlist soon and are offered the large merit scholarship that's now back in the pool!

Reactions: 6 users
Made the extremely difficult decision to withdraw from this incredible institution. Hope one of you get off the waitlist soon and are offered the large merit scholarship that's now back in the pool!
Has anyone found the gall to actually call about the WL and see how much more movement they anticipate? Don’t want to be clingy but...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone found the gall to actually call about the WL and see how much more movement they anticipate? Don’t want to be clingy but...
+1 would love to hear this info. This cycle has turned me into a stage 5 clinger...

I called late last week, but I wanted to wait a little to post about it here to preserve my anonymity to the admissions office (paranoia and such, etc.). The person who answered my phone pretty much refused to answer anything about the waitlist, other than movement had already started and could continue until the first day of orientation (i.e., didn't provide any information we don't already have). Maybe someone with more luck can try to see what's going on.

I called late last week, but I wanted to wait a little to post about it here to preserve my anonymity to the admissions office (paranoia and such, etc.). The person who answered my phone pretty much refused to answer anything about the waitlist, other than movement had already started and could continue until the first day of orientation (i.e., didn't provide any information we don't already have). Maybe someone with more luck can try to see what's going on.

I'm not sure what more information you want? WL movement has started, and will continue to the first day of class, as it should be. What else are you looking to be told?

I'm not sure what more information you want? WL movement has started, and will continue to the first day of class, as it should be. What else are you looking to be told?

Well, ideally I'd love to know if the class, as it stands now, is currently full. If not, how many slots are currently open?

It would also be nice to know if any more openings were anticipated, but I'm guessing nobody knows the answer to this question.

Well, ideally I'd love to know if the class, as it stands now, is currently full. If not, how many slots are currently open?

It would also be nice to know if any more openings were anticipated, but I'm guessing nobody knows the answer to this question.

The class is currently full - I've been told that. Waitlist movement works in waves. Because as other schools offer waitlist spots to people currently holding at WashU, those students may leave, opening up spots at WashU, etc. So no one can tell you how much movement is expected.

The class is currently full - I've been told that. Waitlist movement works in waves. Because as other schools offer waitlist spots to people currently holding at WashU, those students may leave, opening up spots at WashU, etc. So no one can tell you how much movement is expected.
Is the class truly full though? Someone said the number of members on the FB page may indicate otherwise.

I dont know why you think that's so outlandish. I've had other schools tell me that they do/do not anticipate more movement.

I dont know why you think that's so outlandish. I've had other schools tell me that they do/do not anticipate more movement.

It's not that its outlandish. But, in all honesty. It's a guess as to what might occur. I'm not sure why having an admissions staff member, who most likely isn't even on the Committee, offering their opinion as to what might happen, would make someone feel better. It's better to just admit that we won't know what happens until it happens.

To those who have submitted a Letter of Intent, did you simply submit it on your waitlist portal, or if via email, to the WashU admissions address? Thank you

To those who have submitted a Letter of Intent, did you simply submit it on your waitlist portal, or if via email, to the WashU admissions address? Thank you

I uploaded a letter of interest to my portal.

Accepted off the waitlist a couple of weeks ago, sorry for posting so late. Hang in there everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Have they sent any emails since traffic day? I recently learned my email was having problems and I want to make sure I didnt miss anything important

Have they sent any emails since traffic day? I recently learned my email was having problems and I want to make sure I didnt miss anything important

You can log on to your portal and click Status > Communication Status to check all the emails they sent you. I haven't received anything since my initial WL email.

About the tuition being "stabilized"- does that mean that it won't increase at all during M2/M3/M4 or does that mean that those years are prorated according to this year's tuition? I know that tuition for the clinical years increases at some schools because those "years" are longer (ex: 10 months preclinical vs. 12 months clinical). Is our tuition going to be the exact same for all 4 years, even if the length of the school year increases?

About the tuition being "stabilized"- does that mean that it won't increase at all during M2/M3/M4 or does that mean that those years are prorated according to this year's tuition? I know that tuition for the clinical years increases at some schools because those "years" are longer (ex: 10 months preclinical vs. 12 months clinical). Is our tuition going to be the exact same for all 4 years, even if the length of the school year increases?

Tuition doesn't increase when years are longer - the COA increases. So you'll pay the same in tuition, but you'll have to pay more in rent, food, electricity, etc and so the COA will be higher.

~sorry to be annoying~ but can anyone on the FB page confirm if there’s been anymore WL movement recently?