2018-2019 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have you already heard back since your interview date? If so, what date did you interview if you don't mind? I interviewed there as well and have yet to hear back. thanks!

I interviewed on 8/24 and still havent heard back either.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 8/31. Dr. Lenz was out of town last week so this week they are supposed to meet on 8/24 and 8/31 interviewees. Labor Day pushed it back further.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed on 8/24!
Do you recall Bob Willis telling us we would hear back by today? During the final discussion before apartment tours. Or am I making this up

Do you recall Bob Willis telling us we would hear back by today? During the final discussion before apartment tours. Or am I making this up

I'm pretty sure I remember that as well. Hopefully it will be today. Good luck, everyone!

Yeah he definitely said the latest was today

Accepted Today!!!! Interviewed 8/24

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted! Interviewed 8/24. I’m sure I sounded like I was crazy because I was tearing up on the phone lol. Congratulations to everyone!

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted!!! Got the call around 1 EST

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m interviewing this coming Friday. Anyone have any other words of advice besides what has been previously said?

I’m interviewing this coming Friday. Anyone have any other words of advice besides what has been previously said?
They were super nice just relax while taking to them. But I can’t stay exactly calm myself right now lol

Has anyone that interviewed on 08/31 received a call?

Accepted today!!

I was extremely impressed with the school when I interviewed and am super excited. As others mentioned just try to relax and make sure you know your application inside and out. Be engaged with interviewers and have an idea of what you will say for the why medicine/why DO questions and they rest will be very conversational.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today!!

I was extremely impressed with the school when I interviewed and am super excited. As others mentioned just try to relax and make sure you know your application inside and out. Be engaged with interviewers and have an idea of what you will say for the why medicine/why DO questions and they rest will be very conversational.
Congrats!! Were u interviewed on 8/24 or 8/31?

For those accepted from the interview date on 8/24 who were you? I was the one with the really curly long hair!

Nothing yet from anyone who interviewed on 8/31, right? Goodness, I hope Mr. Willis calls us tomorrow. I feel somewhere between projectile vomiting and a little kid on Christmas Eve.

Nothing yet from anyone who interviewed on 8/31, right? Goodness, I hope Mr. Willis calls us tomorrow. I feel somewhere between projectile vomiting and a little kid on Christmas Eve.
Lol I am right there with you. I feel like I should be getting a phone call, but then I feel like I wont and it is the scariest feeling.

Lol I am right there with you. I feel like I should be getting a phone call, but then I feel like I wont and it is the scariest feeling.

Happy to know I'm not alone in my heart palpitations. Which person were you at the interview? I was the female powerlifter.

Ahhh that's so cool!! Good luck! Hope we hear back in a few hours... Let me know the minute you hear anything?
Thanks! good luck to you as well! Hopefully we will both be celebrating today! I will let you know for sure.

Thanks! good luck to you as well! Hopefully we will both be celebrating today! I will let you know for sure.
Omg good luck!! Yesterday seems like Mr. Willis started calling around 1pm. I’m so excited and nervous!! Keep fingers crossed!!

Omg good luck!! Yesterday seems like Mr. Willis started calling around 1pm. I’m so excited and nervous!! Keep fingers crossed!!

Thank you! I'm trying not to lose it right now at work. I want to hear back today so badly, not sure I can take waiting much longer

Thank you! I'm trying not to lose it right now at work. I want to hear back today so badly, not sure I can take waiting much longer
I know! I’m at Dallas waiting for my fight to another interview. I really hope by the time I arrived I’ll have missed calls from Dothan lol

I know! I’m at Dallas waiting for my fight to another interview. I really hope by the time I arrived I’ll have missed calls from Dothan lol

Ahhh good luck on your next interview!! Which person were you at the ACOM interview?

Do you happen to be interviewing at KCUCOM this saturday?

ACCEPTED!!!!!! Got the call at 3:30pm Central

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!! I missed the call and I called back. Bob Willis picked up and told me I had been accepted. I am SO HAPPYYYYY

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!! Omg my life is completed now

Accepted! Interviewed 8/24. I’m sure I sounded like I was crazy because I was tearing up on the phone lol. Congratulations to everyone!
Congrats !Who were you? I was the girl with the really curly long hair!

Congrats to all those accepted! I interviewed 8/31. Notified today I've been waitlisted...I thought I did well in my interview for the most part, but wasn't fully on my game for some reason. I was accepted to William Carey and I liked it, but could absolutely see myself at ACOM. Wondering if a letter of interest would have enough leverage to possibly get me off the waitlist...Dr. Reynolds made the waitlist sound promising during orientation.

ACCEPTED!!!! I have one more interview left but I’m honestly considering cancelling it because I’m so in love with ACOM.
Received the call at 4:30ish EST.

Congrats to all those accepted! I interviewed 8/31. Notified today I've been waitlisted...I thought I did well in my interview for the most part, but wasn't fully on my game for some reason. I was accepted to William Carey and I liked it, but could absolutely see myself at ACOM. Wondering if a letter of interest would have enough leverage to possibly get me off the waitlist...Dr. Reynolds made the waitlist sound promising during orientation.

Absolutely!! It also sounded like they really do end up pulling from the waitlist, and you were one of the first interview batches, so I bet your chances are great.

Reactions: 1 users
I was waitlisted today from the 8/31 interview, but I’m confident with waitlist movement. Congratulations to everyone accepted!

I'm a current first year if y'all have any questions!
If you had multiple acceptances why did you choose ACOM? What advice would you give someone moving halfway across the country to attend.

I received an email today the only thing missing from my application is a second LOR from a professor - I only have one. Do you think it's worth asking if they could waive this requirement? Or pointless?