2018-2019 Boston University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received a “we are behind” email. Complete 10/1, LM 74ish

Members don't see this ad.

Complete 9/7 and didn't receive this email today or the last time it was sent. I'm nervous.
Mine went to my promotions folder despite the fact I added all the email addresses to my safe sender list. But there are also people above who never got that email and got an II...maybe your II is in process :) Check spam/promotions folders to be safe!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not there. :-/ I'm going to hope this is because an II is on it's way! Fingers crossed.
You got this! I suspect IIs will be going out through the end of this week. From reviewing threads from last year, lots of IIs the Friday after Veterans Day at Boston and other schools as well.

Reactions: 1 user
II yesterday! I checked the available dates on my phone and by the time I checked on my computer they were gone and I had to request a new one :(

Reactions: 2 users
Went back and looked and one person who didn’t receive the email got axed a couple days, and one who did get it got an II a week later. So now I’m trying to manage my expectations haha.
But this person above didn't get the e-mail and got an II. I think the e-mail about being behind means nothing.
II! Complete 8/13 and never received the email about app overload. LM 76

If it helps, I have been incessantly checking the BU portal to see if anything changes...maybe they can see that and sent an e-mail to calm me down haha!

Question: I was told that this school releases acceptances in January and March. What is this news about people being accepted already? I'm very confused...

Question: I was told that this school releases acceptances in January and March. What is this news about people being accepted already? I'm very confused...

Where are you hearing about people being accepted already? The January and March dates seem pretty set in stone

Where are you hearing about people being accepted already? The January and March dates seem pretty set in stone
My friend was accepted via phone call and a friend of his was also called!

My friend was accepted via phone call and a friend of his was also called!
do you know how long after they interviewed they received the calls?

do you know how long after they interviewed they received the calls?
I'm not sure, didn't ask. However, he told me that he was expecting news on 11/15 and was called 11/16. He was confused when I told him January/March.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure, didn't ask. However, he told me that he was expecting news on 11/15 and was called 11/16. He was confused when I told him January/March.

That's weird... I also interviewed on the first day and they explicitly told us January/March and even sent a follow up email detailing the process, also with those dates.

Is this for a linkage program? EMSSP, MMEDIC? Early decision? I feel like the Jan/March times are legit.. confused

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

There has to be some other story to this. They were explicit at the Jan/March dates at my interview, and the fact that he was expecting news on 11/15 tells me this is not a regular MD applicant. Is this a pipeline program? Linkage? Early decision? Did their family donate a building to the school or something?

There has to be some other story to this. They were explicit at the Jan/March dates at my interview, and the fact that he was expecting news on 11/15 tells me this is not a regular MD applicant. Is this a pipeline program? Linkage? Early decision? Did their family donate a building to the school or something?
Regular MD. IDK what is going on, but I don't think he would lie about it. Maybe he meant another school and got confused...

I checked with some BUSM adcom/prof’s... they are adamant that nothing comes before Jan. Not saying you’re wrong, just who the heck knows at this point I give up hahah

When I interviewed in September, I definitely distinctly recall them letting us know that they accept a small number of the class in January, but most of the acceptances will come out in March.

When I interviewed in September, I definitely distinctly recall them letting us know that they accept a small number of the class in January, but most of the acceptances will come out in March.

Yeah, there is definitely a misunderstanding. Everyone I talked to that interviewed there said they were resolute on the January date. They mentioned that the adcom doesn't even meet until December

Has anyone who interviewed sent "interview follow-ups"? I saw there is an option on the portal. I don't necessarily have a "substantive" update to add but I am wondering if it would be worthwhile to reiterate my strong interest in BU.

Has anyone who interviewed sent "interview follow-ups"? I saw there is an option on the portal. I don't necessarily have a "substantive" update to add but I am wondering if it would be worthwhile to reiterate my strong interest in BU.

Dr. Goodell mentioned that letters of interest prior to April 30 won't have much effect on your app, if any

Complete 9/11 and didn't receive the "we are behind" email or anything else. Has anyone else heard back that was complete around the same time? Also I just checked my app and it still says under review.

Last edited:
II!! Complete early September and days available mid to late January.

I don't mean to discount what anyone else has said at all but in the post interview email I received it was suggested that we send an update prior to mid December.

I don't mean to discount what anyone else has said at all but in the post interview email I received it was suggested that we send an update prior to mid December.
I saw this too and that's why I was wondering. I just don't necessarily have a substantive update, but I'm wondering if I should send a letter reaffirming my interest.

I’m getting an error when I try to log into the BU secondary portal. Is anyone else having issues logging in? (Error: 1531457)

I’m getting an error when I try to log into the BU secondary portal. Is anyone else having issues logging in? (Error: 1531457)

I just started getting this error as well. (Error: 1531501)

ii this morning! OOS LM 71. Complete 9/10. Only date offered early January

Reactions: 3 users
anyone having trouble accessing their portal?

Is anyone else still having portal access problems?

Did anyone just get an email about verification?