2018-2019 Boston University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So is it safe to assume that there done sending out interviews

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know hen they make the January decision? I don't remember them giving out a date during my interview day.

Does anyone know hen they make the January decision? I don't remember them giving out a date during my interview day.

They didn’t give a date. They just said early january, “usually the first week”

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year it was the first friday of January, so I would assume that at the end of next week people will be notified.

Last year it was the first friday of January, so I would assume that at the end of next week people will be notified.
That's my feeling, too. And by feeling I mean the internal scream that is only getting louder as each day passes.

Reactions: 1 users
They didn’t give a date. They just said early january, “usually the first week”

Cool, thanks y'all. I remember they said most decision don't go out until the second round in March but we'll see

Did anyone stay in a hotel before their interview? The student host list seemed to indicate you'd be basically camping (bring your own towel, you'll sleep on the floor, etc). If you did stay at a hotel, which one and would you recommend it?

Did anyone stay in a hotel before their interview? The student host list seemed to indicate you'd be basically camping (bring your own towel, you'll sleep on the floor, etc). If you did stay at a hotel, which one and would you recommend it?
Yeah, I did at the Crowne Plaza in Newton. I think it was about a 10-15 min drive from campus. Pretty good hotel. BU gives a discount code that you can use during booking. Price was about $150 w/ tax.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I did at the Crowne Plaza in Newton. I think it was about a 10-15 min drive from campus. Pretty good hotel. BU gives a discount code that you can use during booking. Price was about $150 w/ tax.
Thank you!

Is the interview 1 or 2 hours? The site says 9-11a, but I've seen others say 45min-1hr.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about decisions? I'm going crazy sitting at work wondering if today's the day BU decides to drop some surprise news on us.

Has anyone heard anything about decisions? I'm going crazy sitting at work wondering if today's the day BU decides to drop some surprise news on us.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If they're holding to the same timeline as last year then some calls will go out today and all the e-mails will go out tomorrow.... so stressed lol

If they're holding to the same timeline as last year then some calls will go out today and all the e-mails will go out tomorrow.... so stressed lol

Mood. Every time my Apple Watch vibrates on my wrist, I almost jump out of my skin and have a heart attack.

Lol I got an email from BU this morning around 10 and freaked out for a hot sec when I saw "BU" in my email but it ended up being an invitation from the BU Alumni Association to attend a networking event here in NY. :yeahright::yeahright::yeahright:

I don't remember all three dates exactly. There were three days and the I chose the last date which was Jan 25th

I'm so thrown off by the fact that no one seems to have heard from BU today.
I've been so anxious all day, to the point of nausea and fatigue lol. RIP.

I'm so thrown off by the fact that no one seems to have heard from BU today.
I've been so anxious all day, to the point of nausea and fatigue lol. RIP.
They had that earlier email to some applicants stating they were behind, so maybe they will give decisions a little later this year. Either way, only a small number of acceptances are made in January so no huge need to stress out too much (yet)!

Also, not to mention the portal says Mid January as their initial decision release date.

Also, not to mention the portal says Mid January as their initial decision release date.

In past years, they've done calls going out on first Thursday of January then formal emails going out on that Friday. So I guess we'll see.

In past years, they've done calls going out on first Thursday of January then formal emails going out on that Friday. So I guess we'll see.

I guess they switched things up this year. Since the portal says mid january we might not hear back until next week

I guess they switched things up this year. Since the portal says mid January we might not hear back until next week
From what I've seen, the last couple of years the portal has also said mid-January and yet people heard back end of the first week. Crossing fingers that everyone gets good news today (or next week-- as long as it's good news!)

Okay, I nominate someone else to anonymously call and ask when decisions will be released.

Reactions: 8 users
If they don’t release decisions next week I’m gonna die of anxiety

Jokes on you because I'm already dead inside ha

Last edited:
Any advice for interviews here? I have mine tomorrow. What did people think about the day?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Any advice for interviews here? I have mine tomorrow. What did people think about the day?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

As cheesy and lame as this may sound, just be yourself.

My interview was very casual and conversational. It wasn't uncomfortable in any way. Just sitting in my interviewer's office and talking candidly about who I am and why I want to do this.

My interviewer and I had an awesome chat about the state of healthcare in America and in other nations (because of shadowing experience I had abroad in Hungary), our families, when she realized she wanted to be a doctor, and what we loved about Boston to make us stick around (I went to BU for undergrad), amongst other things.

We ended up going over the hour and didn't even realize until it was 20 minutes past and I ended up being late to the regrouping afterwards

So just be relaxed and honest and let them see who you are.

Good luck!!!!

Any chance for a Pre-II update to have any merit? Complete 9/11

Accepted! Got the call this morning. Interviewed September

Reactions: 10 users
Interviewed first day of interviews, nothing yet!

Missed a call from Boston, called back and automated message said it was the number for Boston medical center, didn’t receive any voicemail, I don’t know what to make of this missed call :|

Missed a call from Boston, called back and automated message said it was the number for Boston medical center, didn’t receive any voicemail, I don’t know what to make of this missed call :|
haha that's definitely it fam, good luck!

Do we know if the email earlier about contact information is related to the decisions in any way?

When did you interview?

Do we know if the email earlier about contact information is related to the decisions in any way?
I didn't get that email and I didn't get a call getting accepted so that could be it, n=1 though!

Accepted! Got the call this morning. Interviewed September
Wow, congrats! So it begins. Did your portal change yet, by any chance? I figure based on prior years it may take a while and calls/emails come first.