2018-2019 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how many applicants this school has each cycle?
This is only their second cycle so there would only be preliminary data if any at all

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how many applicants this school has each cycle?
When I was on campus I thought someone may have said they had 4,000 applicants last year, but keep in mind they weren't accredited until late in the cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Edit: They’re sending secondaries till December.

Last edited:
Submitted Sept 4th and haven't heard a thing from them other than the "secondary received" email. Although I am OOS, I'm sort of surprised since according to their website, only about 20% of their students are from the IE to begin with.

Does anyone know how many more interview slots they have?

Would anyone be able to PM me the full length Campus Interview Schedule and interview day information files? I didn't know the links expire :/

Would anyone be able to PM me the full length Campus Interview Schedule and interview day information files? I didn't know the links expire :/

When I saw that my links expired, I called the school and they resent them as a pdf.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't recieved a II yet? Any recent news about those?

Just got an email from Admissions "Your application is still under consideration". I'm taking this as they haven't made a decision (acceptance, waitlist, denied) just yet. Interviewed 10/25

Just got an email from Admissions "Your application is still under consideration". I'm taking this as they haven't made a decision (acceptance, waitlist, denied) just yet. Interviewed 10/25

I got the exact same email too. Interviewed the very first day.

Last edited:

Just received the same exact email, interviewed 10/18.

I got the same email as well. I wonder if it means “Hold”. It does if they are sending out acceptances the same time.

Waitlisted. Out of state.
Did they actually say “waitlisted” in the email they sent you? I got an “still under review” email. I’m trying to find out what it actually means.

I got the same email as well. I wonder if it means “Hold”. It does if they are sending out acceptances the same time.
Admissions office told me that no acceptance offers have been released yet.

does the "under consideration" email = waitlist or is that an entirely different email?
I think it means they are still working on applications and no acceptance decisions have been released yet.

Last edited:
Received the "under review" email as well, interviewed 10/25. Has anyone instate been waitlisted or rejected?

IS, just got the rejection email. Good luck guys~

I received a Rejection Email even though I have an interview with them at the end of this month. Was this an error?

Also received a rejection email despite having an interview in January. I e-mailed admissions and received a reply back that it was indeed an error.

Last edited:
Rejected OOS. This one stings. Was really excited about this school.

Dang how they gonna start off the rejection email with "I know you have been anxiously waiting and.......... Yea we wont be considering you"

SO COLD!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to hear about when did you interview if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Submitted Sept 4th and haven't heard a thing from them other than the "secondary received" email. Although I am OOS, I'm sort of surprised since according to their website, only about 20% of their students are from the IE to begin with.

Does anyone know how many more interview slots they have?

Submitted about the same time, even from the IE, and I'm still waiting in silence. Thought for sure I would have heard something from them by now as they're my best shot...

Reactions: 1 users
I received a Rejection Email even though I have an interview with them at the end of this month. Was this an error?
I got the same thing... this feels like getting rejected to prom after you show up at her doorstep after buying the corsage.

Yay my dreams at CA University are still alive!

"Please disregard the Application Status email you received yesterday. We had a glitch in our system and unfortunately that email was sent out to some of our applicants by mistake.
Your application is still being considered for review from our admissions committee.
Thank you and if you have any further questions, please reach out."

Reactions: 1 users
Just as a PSA to all from a current student - our IT can be kind of glitchy... still working out the kinks. If something seems off to you, please do call the school and inquire because it is entirely possible that whatever it was is a mistake!

Good luck all :)

Does anyone know when they are likely to send out the first wave of acceptances?

has anyone heard back at all?

Sent from my VS995 using SDN mobile
They said acceptances start going out in November, and so far most secondaries and IIs have gone out on Tuesdays. There’s a good chance we’ll hear something tomorrow or on the 27th, but it’s impossible to know for sure.

No II's since that large round earlier this cycle, right?

Interviewed Nov 8th. Just got the "Your application is still under consideration" email

Nothing yet. Does anyone else feel like now is the perfect time for a massive wave of acceptances?

Reactions: 2 users
Got the email today saying still under consideration, so I called and asked if they knew when committee might make decisions couldn’t get a straight answer, all I was told is they are interviewing until April but If I called Monday she might have a little more info

Got the email today saying still under consideration, so I called and asked if they knew when committee might make decisions couldn’t get a straight answer, all I was told is they are interviewing until April but If I called Monday she might have a little more info
This could take a while.

Are you in pre-II or post-interview? I never got this email and wondering if that's out of running

Been complete since 9/05. Should I assume at this point that it’s a silent rejection? :\