2018-2019 Charles R Drew/UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called today and they said they started sending out secondaries last week.
RIP lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Is it worth applying as OOS? I recall noticing some unfavorable statistics of their class profile

Great question! We have a pretty good mix of both IS/OOS students, so definitely apply!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure of what the message was, but please feel free to PM me. Same for anyone who may have questions... it’s a lot easier to answer questions through PM!

I have a few ?s. Not able to PM you, I think there is restricted access to your page.
How much is the app fee?

I have a few ?s. Not able to PM you, I think there is restricted access to your page.
How much is the app fee?

If it’s the same as last year, then it’s $80, by cashier’s check or money order.

If any one has really received the secondary, can you post the questions?

Reactions: 5 users
Did everyone get a confirmation of UCLA getting their primary app? I applied to both Geffen and Drew and no confirmation from either.

Did everyone get a confirmation of UCLA getting their primary app? I applied to both Geffen and Drew and no confirmation from either.

For Geffen yes, I got and submitted secondary. For Drew...nothing! If they never end up sending secondaries, amcas can you give my $39 back xD

Secondary received today

1. Have you completed all of the prerequisites? YES NO

2. If not, list the specific prerequisite you are missing and your projected time for completion:

3. Have you experienced any uneven performance in grades and academic achievement? If so, please explain. (Response limited to 800 characters)

4. If you are currently not a full time student, please list and describe your current activities.

5. Describe the role you play in your immediate family. (Response limited to 800 characters)

6. Describe your community and socioeconomic environment. (Response limited to 800 characters)

7. List the most significant community, public service, and leadership activities you have been involved in over the last six years. (Response limited to 800 characters)

8.Describe how your experience, your community, and family background impact your understanding of the underserved communities. (Response limited to 800 characters)

9. Other than healthcare access, what are some of the most important health care issues confronting underserved communities? How would you address them? (Response limited to 800 characters)

10. Please describe how your experiences and personal attributes contribute to the mission of Charles R Drew University. (Response limited to 800 characters)

11. Have you ever been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic or parking violation? If the answer is yes, please explain. (Response limited to 800 characters)

12. Please provide any additional information, which will give the Admissions Committee greater insight into you as an applicant. (Response limited to 800 characters)

13. How did you hear about our program? (Response limited to 800 characters)

Secondary received today

1. Have you completed all of the prerequisites? YES NO

2. If not, list the specific prerequisite you are missing and your projected time for completion:

3. Have you experienced any uneven performance in grades and academic achievement? If so, please explain. (Response limited to 800 characters)

4. If you are currently not a full time student, please list and describe your current activities.

5. Describe the role you play in your immediate family. (Response limited to 800 characters)

6. Describe your community and socioeconomic environment. (Response limited to 800 characters)

7. List the most significant community, public service, and leadership activities you have been involved in over the last six years. (Response limited to 800 characters)

8.Describe how your experience, your community, and family background impact your understanding of the underserved communities. (Response limited to 800 characters)

9. Other than healthcare access, what are some of the most important health care issues confronting underserved communities? How would you address them? (Response limited to 800 characters)

10. Please describe how your experiences and personal attributes contribute to the mission of Charles R Drew University. (Response limited to 800 characters)

11. Have you ever been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic or parking violation? If the answer is yes, please explain. (Response limited to 800 characters)

12. Please provide any additional information, which will give the Admissions Committee greater insight into you as an applicant. (Response limited to 800 characters)

13. How did you hear about our program? (Response limited to 800 characters)

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When did those who've received secondary application submit their primary application?

Does anyone know if the 800 characters includes spaces or not? I don't think it specifies on the secondary.

well, i missed the first wave of secondary invitation. i'll keep praying for another week and then call it silent rejection :rofl:

Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody know when the first round of interviews is?

Also, to those who got a secondary from Drew, when were you complete?

Thanks

Primary verified around the same time as those who reported to received secondaries. Does anyone know if they send secondaries out in batches? Or is it a silent rejection pre-secondary if we didn't receive secondary in that first wave?

Primary verified around the same time as those who reported to received secondaries. Does anyone know if they send secondaries out in batches? Or is it a silent rejection pre-secondary if we didn't receive secondary in that first wave?
+1

Just received a secondary. My amcas was verified mid August.

So I called and the woman lied to me saying that the secondaries haven't been released...

ehhh.... does that mean that they still have a lot of secondary invites to be sent out? : P I’m still living on hope here
She said they were really backed up on primaries. She wouldn't even tell me if they reviewed primaries based on the order they were received... Like wut???

Just received a secondary. My amcas was verified mid August.

Yay! I hope they still consider those who submitted primary before that. This is a time where I wish they review apps not in chronological order.

ehhh.... does that mean that they still have a lot of secondary invites to be sent out? : P I’m still living on hope here
Don't think CDU needs to send out that many secondaries. The cohort is rather small

Secondary received and wondering how many go out. Stats aren’t that great and wondering if I even have a good chance

How are you all filling out the activities portion? The 800 character limit is quite confusing

So I called and the woman lied to me saying that the secondaries haven't been released...
656E1443-B8B1-4160-9141-18249C3AB601.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
Secondary received and wondering how many go out. Stats aren’t that great and wondering if I even have a good chance
I would totally submit the secondary if i were you. you were clearly good enough to pass the initial screening and they don't send out that many secondaries since the cohort is rather small :) goodluck!

I would totally submit the secondary if i were you. you were clearly good enough to pass the initial screening and they don't send out that many secondaries since the cohort is rather small :) goodluck!
Thank you... that’s what I was wondering, they just mentioned that there are lots of applications and said submit it ASAP so I was thinking they might have sent lots of secondaries or something

Do they send an email confirmation when you submit your secondary and photo?

Thank you... that’s what I was wondering, they just mentioned that there are lots of applications and said submit it ASAP so I was thinking they might have sent lots of secondaries or something
I think they put that on their secondary every year

Their average patient contact hours for PA is 5800... wonder what it is for med school lol

Has anyone verified mid to late-August received a secondary? This is one of my top choices and I'm just so bummed I haven't received one yet. I was verified 8/17.

Has anyone verified mid to late-August received a secondary? This is one of my top choices and I'm just so bummed I haven't received one yet. I was verified 8/17.
i was complete late july and still nothing :/

I received one yesterday and was verified on 7/18

Probably ~480 are given secondaries using a similar conversion to the one in 2007.

250 will probably be interviewed and about 40-45 will be accepted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received a secondary! Primary was verified early June. Submitted May 31st!

250 will probably be interviewed and about 40-45 will matriculate.

I believe their student number is capped to 28. They accept more because not all will choose CDU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Verified 8/10. Secondary received 9/19. Low stats so there's definitely hope for all those applying!