2018-2019 Georgetown University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the policy on sending updates?
No policy but when I asked at my interview day they basically said its more taken into consideration after initial decision/ on waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

Schools usually don't consider or look at updates/ LOI until wait list positions. May be better to hold off till u get ur initial decision.
that's true, their "After the Interview Day" page makes it seem like updates are encouraged though. idkkk

Reactions: 1 user
They mentioned that the decisions process takes like 8-10 weeks so late August should be hearing back soon! I'd recommend people hold off on updates until they hear their first decision! Especially since Gtown gets like 15000 applications :O

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who requested a student host, when did you hear back?

For anyone who requested a student host, when did you hear back?
I heard back the week before the interview. Unfortunately they weren’t able to host me due to high demand.

I heard back the week before the interview. Unfortunately they weren’t able to host me due to high demand.

Oh wow, lol I already cancelled my hotel reservation, shouldn't have done that

Int - Aug 28 so a while back lol

Oh wow, lol I already cancelled my hotel reservation, shouldn't have done that
I interviewed late September and they couldn’t host me also because of “high demand” but when I called it was just because the first years were in an exam week. You should check bc if your date isn’t you probably will be ok.

WL as well! Late August interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Under review for ages (like the day after I submitted), got the R pre-II today :(

LM 73, from Maryland and had a few ties to DC, hoped to return to the DMV.

I'm sorry :-/
when were you complete?

8/7 ? Def that week, maybe the day before. I was hopeful that my (legitimate) update that I sent last week would convey interest but maybe they just forgot to reject me! lol

Last edited:
A few posts about waitlists but no acceptances yet...hope to hear good news soon for us!

Spoke too soon...I have been accepted!!!!!

Reactions: 15 users
Also admitted around 9 EST tonight!!! Interviewed 9/4

Reactions: 6 users
Last 4 digits of the phone (202) number?

Please don’t ask this. You don’t need to know the direct number to a person who calls in acceptances. Just know if you get a call from a 202 number, you should pick it up.

Reactions: 2 users
Have any others who interviewed in the first week of September not heard back yet?

oh god i interviewed 9/11 now I'm gonna be a nervous wreck haha

I got accepted as well. Can you accept the offer/reserve a seat then deny?
Yes you can but there are deadlines. Best for other students also if you withdraw as soon as you know you’re not going

Yes you can but there are deadlines. Best for other students also if you withdraw as soon as you know you’re not going

I think you just have to withdraw by April 30, 2019 if you want to get your deposit back

Hey guys, is there a place to store luggage on interview day? I'd like to leave for the airport from the interview!

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted, super exciting! Did anyone who interviewed in late august hear back yet? I've only seen waitlist posts.

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted, super exciting! Did anyone who interviewed in late august hear back yet? I've only seen waitlist posts.
Did you interview in late August? I interviewed early September and have yet to hear anything. I would have guessed that they would release decisions for people who had the same interview date around the same time but I guess not..

Did you interview in late August? I interviewed early September and have yet to hear anything. I would have guessed that they would release decisions for people who had the same interview date around the same time but I guess not..

I know, I thought so too. Although they did say 8-10 weeks, and its barely been 8.

aah the wait is over, R-post interview

R today. LM ~68 completed 8/7. Pretty bummed out about this one! :(

have mid-late august people heard back much? i feel like we're on deck ....

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone interview before 9/11 and not hear back? (because thats the last interview day we heard on SDN) Trying to see if they respond to interviewees in order.

Last edited:
does anyone know how long it takes to get from Dulles to campus during traffic hours?

Are you renting a car? I took the train/subway and It took about 1.5 hours