2018-2019 Georgetown University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was going to uber... that is a long train ride!!

Well you have to take a shuttle from the airport to the train station and then take the train to rosslyn stop and then a shuttle to the university. I stayed at the university hotel. It was a lot cheaper than taking an Uber

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II rejection today. Complete 8/2, LM 70. Re-applicant; interviewed and waitlisted last year. Really heartbroken over this one, but life goes on.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to hear that, but it looks like you'll be just fine. Mind sharing when you were complete?

Appreciate it! Rejection is part of the process, reminding myself I can't take it personally. I was complete 8/13.

Pre-II R today. First of the season. Was complete 8/10.

Receive that first R (Complete 8/21, LM 72). Good luck to everyone!

Smacked with that fat R, LM 70 (Complete like 8/20 ish?)

Members don't see this ad :)
complete 8/27 no word yet. seeing the R axe coming down all around me. Good news????

I know patience is a virtue but late sept interviewee here and I am on the edge of my seat. Anyone interview past 9/11 that has heard back?

I was looking at last year's thread and it appears that people interviewing around 9/25 heard back around 11/12 - 11/13. Looks like there's still 1.5 weeks of waiting :|

Reactions: 1 users
Pre II rejection today. Complete early sept. Not too surprised, but the R always sucks a little. GL all!!

I was looking at last year's thread and it appears that people interviewing around 9/25 heard back around 11/12 - 11/13. Looks like there's still 1.5 weeks of waiting :|
omg that's so soon though !! :eek: hoping we all hear good news soon :)

complete 8/27 no word yet. seeing the R axe coming down all around me. Good news????

If it makes you feel better, the same thing happened to me, and I ended up getting an II.

Does Georgetown appreciate thank you notes post II?

I was complete 8/14, still haven't heard anything back yet.

I was complete 8/14, still haven't heard anything back yet.

+1, also complete mid-August. Somehow survived the massive rejection slaughter. Though with this school being so low-yield, not really hoping for much anymore here.

When did you recieve interview?

I received my II on 10/18. I was complete on 7/31. By the time I got my II, lots of SDN posters with early-mid August complete dates had already gotten their interview invites or rejections.

Just got the pre-II R email (complete mid-August). Best of luck to everyone else still in the running; I'll be sending a lot of good vibes over your way!

Just got an II!

Complete mid-August.

Reactions: 6 users
R! That's okay. I'll enjoy my cheaper COA elsewhere.

Rejection, complete mid-August, LM: 72.

First rejection at a school with lower median stats than mine (obviously I know its not all about stats), so the nightmare worsens.

Just got the Rejection email. I was complete september 19th. I am completely devestated because I fit the mission of the school and way above their average stats. Keep strong guys, lets get through this together.

Pre-II Rejection today! Good luck to all the rest, complete 8/25.

Hey! For those familiar(ish) with D.C., is Uber very expensive? I don't think I can afford hotels or stay in an AirB&B near the school. Not sure if I will be saving if I stay further away.

Hey! For those familiar(ish) with D.C., is Uber very expensive? I don't think I can afford hotels or stay in an AirB&B near the school. Not sure if I will be saving if I stay further away.
my Ubers to/from Dulles were $30-45... did you check out the university hotel? I think it was a bit cheaper than the others in the area (maybe $160 per night?) and it is like a 3 min walk from the building where the interview was

Reactions: 1 users

You can always try a student host. I stayed at the university’s hotel. They give a discount if you say you’re coming for an interview. I dont remember the uber being more than $18 from the airport to the school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

my Ubers to/from Dulles were $30-45... did you check out the university hotel? I think it was a bit cheaper than the others in the area (maybe $160 per night?) and it is like a 3 min walk from the building where the interview was

I did, $160 is a lot for me, honestly. I found an AirB&B for less than $100, so I was wondering how much I was going to pay for an Uber. Thanks :).