2018-2019 Hackensack-Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Heads up! the committee hasn’t even met yet to start looking at apps so it’s probably not too late to apply

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I am a current student. I know several 520+ers here. Also plenty of 510s. Not everyone just talks about their mcat score (since that is sorta an odd thing to do after you are accepted).

Just my musing. I will say that a lot of the in-state students seem to come from the north jersey area, plenty have a background at Hackensack for that reason.

Would you say I should apply here with a 503,508 MCAT, 3.8 GPA and pretty good ECs (1000+ hours in service and research categories)? Since this school seems to be on the later side, I'm considering it but with 513-520 MCATs...:unsure:

Members don't see this ad :)
email is the best contact method in general.

Are you in-state or out of state? Either way, shoot your shot.

So do you know if this school does tend to run a later cycle? I'm guessing they have not released any IIs yet if they haven't looked over apps fully...

This is not true. It's for every residency on this list.

Reportedly there is an integrated vascular, humc neurology, and nsg in the works. Can't really comment on that further because it was mentioned in passing.

Im in residency at HMH and have inquired alot about the new upcoming residencies. From what I have heard from department heads, the general surgery program is having difficulty being accredited for 2019 match, and this has pushed off the integrated vascular program until atleast 2020 match

Would you say I should apply here with a 503,508 MCAT, 3.8 GPA and pretty good ECs (1000+ hours in service and research categories)? Since this school seems to be on the later side, I'm considering it but with 513-520 MCATs...:unsure:

Do you know what their average accepted MCAT is? Is the range of accepted MCAT scores really between 513 and 520?

Do you know what their average accepted MCAT is? Is the range of accepted MCAT scores really between 513 and 520?

That's what I read on one of the posts for this school...but I mean there's no data I can find on it. Hopefully that's not the range!

Reactions: 1 user

That's what I read on one of the posts for this school...but I mean there's no data I can find on it. Hopefully that's not the range!

It’s very unlikely that the range is 513-520. If anything it’s more likely that the average score is between 511-513 as has been the trend with a couple of other newer schools.

So just wanted to make sure this was normal: I went to the application portal, completed the document upload and course pre-requisites, then nothing happened? On other schools with a similar application website format, a link will appear once you turn in the initial info to then allow you to submit essays and pay the secondary fee. Should I expect an email with a link to the rest of the secondary?

So just wanted to make sure this was normal: I went to the application portal, completed the document upload and course pre-requisites, then nothing happened? On other schools with a similar application website format, a link will appear once you turn in the initial info to then allow you to submit essays and pay the secondary fee. Should I expect an email with a link to the rest of the secondary?
I'm having the same issue.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you not get an email with the Microsoft link for your secondaries? That’s what you use to submit your essays. You mail in the check along with the form

Reactions: 1 users
Did you not get an email with the Microsoft link for your secondaries? That’s what you use to submit your essays. You mail in the check along with the form
Ah! I just went back through my e-mail and found the link you mentioned! Thank you medschoolzombie.

Finally past prelim review. Complete end of August

Reactions: 4 users
Reportedly, they already have. I don't know exactly what your source is.
When I talked to admissions, they said that the committee hasn’t started meeting yet. The admissions office people do the prelim review before sending over apps to the committee and I’m guessing there aren’t that many of them which is why most people are still stuck at the prelim stage

Got an email that I'm in prelim review as of yesterday.

II yesterday, IS, LM 67, prelim review complete 9/18

Reactions: 5 users
Does seton hall have IS bias?

*crosses fingers for this school* I would love to visit it.

I never got a prelim complete email but was under review on the 28th of August... should I send them an email?

I received an email stating my application is under prelim review. Do they send another update after saying prelim complete?
I believe so. You should get an e-mail stating if you meet their admissions requirements or not, and if so, your file will be sent to the admissions committee to determine if you will be selected for an interview.

got an interview invite today as well

Still in prelim review since 9/6 :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know how many they plan on interviewing, accepting and matriculating this cycle?

II today!!!! very surprised. my pre-lim review was complete the week of 9/10, so about 3 weeks ago. I'm OOS

I had a question regarding the LOR requirements (I do not have a committee letter). The 1st requirement states:

At least one from a health care professional (does not need to be a physician - can be a nurse, social worker, physician’s assistant, occupational therapist, psychologist, etc.).

Does this mean someone I have worked with/shadowed, or someone that knows me and my life. While I have a number of hours shadowing, the Dr's I shadowed barely know me, and I have family friends (Dr's) that could attest to who I really am, and would prefer to have them write it... Thoughts on how you interpreted this requirement...

I had a question regarding the LOR requirements (I do not have a committee letter). The 1st requirement states:

At least one from a health care professional (does not need to be a physician - can be a nurse, social worker, physician’s assistant, occupational therapist, psychologist, etc.).

Does this mean someone I have worked with/shadowed, or someone that knows me and my life. While I have a number of hours shadowing, the Dr's I shadowed barely know me, and I have family friends (Dr's) that could attest to who I really am, and would prefer to have them write it... Thoughts on how you interpreted this requirement...

On its site (same place where you found the letter requirements) it also says:

The following are not appropriate sources: a teaching assistant, a non-physician-trained government or political official, a friend or family friend, a family member, a co-worker or other similar peer.

So I’m not sure a family friend would be a good source, since they specifically stated so...

Anyone know how many they plan on interviewing, accepting and matriculating this cycle?

From speaking with the faculty, I am not sure how many they are planing on interviewing but they are increasing the size of the class to 80-90 this year.

I’m guessing they’ll interview around 200-300, accept around 150 and matriculate 85

Reactions: 2 users