2018-2019 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I won't refute the fact that a fair number of people remiediated in my class, I was one. But I wager a bet that most of the people who remediated would lay the blame for that on themsevles and not the school. I got behind in a very time consuming class and couldn't catch up.

As far as the "8 people who flunked" - a significant majority of them had medical issues in the spring. Half of our class got the flu, I was one of those as well, it knocked us down in a really tough time of the year and that spelled disaster for many people.

Did some people just fail? Yeah. Med school is hard and there are casualties.

But please don't spread rumors based on one half of the story. This is a good school. Does it have flaws? Sure. Everywhere does.

Anyone is welcome to PM me with questions. I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

Thank you for your candor. Does this mean that some will remediate the entire year, or just certain classes?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for your candor. Does this mean that some will remediate the entire year, or just certain classes?

Depends on the circumstance. The policy last year allowed you to fail 2 classes and remediate both at the end of the year. This year you can fail one class and remediate it sometime during the year (mostly after spring semester). I got a 69.2 in our Neuro-head and Neck course so i took a remedial exam during the summer, passed, and was promoted.

If you fail more than one, or fail one with below a 60% you can be dismissed from the school. This rarely happens and most people are allowed to repeat the year. I know most schools have a remedial process in place, not sure how different LU is to others though.

Hope that answers your question.

Reactions: 1 user
OMS1 here at LUCOM. I'd love to help answer any questions you may have. Feel free to PM!

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on the circumstance. The policy last year allowed you to fail 2 classes and remediate both at the end of the year. This year you can fail one class and remediate it sometime during the year (mostly after spring semester). I got a 69.2 in our Neuro-head and Neck course so i took a remedial exam during the summer, passed, and was promoted.

If you fail more than one, or fail one with below a 60% you can be dismissed from the school. This rarely happens and most people are allowed to repeat the year. I know most schools have a remedial process in place, not sure how different LU is to others though.

Hope that answers your question.

Thank you so much! Yes! That answers it perfectly. Good luck this year, and in your career!

Congratulations! Did you have a complete file, including a scored CASPer exam?

Congratulations! Did you have a complete file, including a scored CASPer exam?
Yes I have a complete file and a casper score. I asked the admissions office during the AACOM virtual osteopathic medical school fair if they send out II without casper and they said they dont

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Just got an II about an hour ago. Was contacted by email. Excited!

Does LUCOM send out IIs without LORs? CASPer coming in next week but my committee letter will probably be a month out.

Still patiently waiting for my CASPer to get scored... I should've taken it a lot earlier if I had known.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey received II too and I am trying to plan flight and etc. Does anyone know how long the interview is and by what time it will be done? Also does anyone know what hotels are in the area? thanks

Hey received II too and I am trying to plan flight and etc. Does anyone know how long the interview is and by what time it will be done? Also does anyone know what hotels are in the area? thanks
In my email, it says that the interviews start at 8 AM and should finish up no later than 3. I booked at Extended Stay America Hotel. Seems relatively close to the campus and was reasonably cheap (about $80 a night).

?How long does it take for the casper test to come out?

Are the letters of recommendation supposed to be submitted to them when you first submit the AACOMAS app or when you submit their secondary?

II at 3 am this morning lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Just got an II about an hour ago. Was contacted by email. Excited!

II this morning!

Congratulations to you all! Please PM me if you have any questions, as I would be happy to help!

Reactions: 1 users
II this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey y'all, OMS II here if anyone needs questions answered, PM me and I'll get back to you quick as I can!

Is anyone else still considered incomplete even though all of their boxes are checked off besides interview in the portal? I checked my Casper login and it says my results were delivered to LUCOM. Idk what I could be missing.

Is anyone else still considered incomplete even though all of their boxes are checked off besides interview in the portal? I checked my Casper login and it says my results were delivered to LUCOM. Idk what I could be missing.
Same here

For those of you that I met here today while giving your tour, thanks for coming in! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns! Don't forget some hand written thank you cards!

Interviewing here on Monday. Any last minute tips are greatly appreciated!

You've got this! An II means they want to accept you! Be yourself, converse, and really listen to others. I know of several interviewees from last year that asked what I'm sure they felt like were 'harsh' questions that are now OMS-I's. So be open, voice your fears, and ask your questions because you're shopping for a good fit just as much as the school is!

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long it took them to get a completed email from LUCOM? Do you get one after your CaSPER test? I took the test on 8/8 and I haven't heard anything from LUCOM since I took it (even though I submitted my secondary). Any help would be appreciated!

Does anyone know how long it took them to get a completed email from LUCOM? Do you get one after your CaSPER test? I took the test on 8/8 and I haven't heard anything from LUCOM since I took it (even though I submitted my secondary). Any help would be appreciated!

I just called them on Friday because my portal said I still was not complete and to see what else I needed. My casper results had been delivered too. They said they would be contacting me this week. I had the same casper date as you.

I took CASPer on 8/8 and got an II a couple weeks ago. Maybe follow up with an e-mail or phone call to make sure they have everything they need

Just interviewed here yesterday and could not be more impressed by the staff, students, and facilities at Liberty. I should hear back on the results in the next few weeks, but I am very hopeful that I get accepted. This school blew me away.

Reactions: 5 users
I called them and they actually ended up offering me an interview! I'll be going there in November, and I CAN'T WAIT.

I see a lot of people posting about a portal where they can see their check boxes filled for the different application components. Did I miss something? I don't know where to find/see that.

Received an email this morning stating that I did not meet one or more of their admissions requirements, and my application would undergo further review if more information was received. I'm a super non-trad, so hopefully I'll still get a secondary after extra review. I did email them back expressing interest and clarifying a few things in my app.

Received an email this morning stating that I did not meet one or more of their admissions requirements, and my application would undergo further review if more information was received. I'm a super non-trad, so hopefully I'll still get a secondary after extra review. I did email them back expressing interest and clarifying a few things in my app.

What wasn't completed?

What wasn't completed?
They didn’t say, and it was pre-secondary. I’m guessing one of my GPAs fell below their screen (undergrad cum 2.98, science 2.97, grad gpa 3.7+ in biology masters program, total cum 3.07). I also have an MCAT subsection of 123 (C/P), so maybe that’s it?

They didn’t say, and it was pre-secondary. I’m guessing one of my GPAs fell below their screen (undergrad cum 2.98, science 2.97, grad gpa 3.7+ in biology masters program, total cum 3.07). I also have an MCAT subsection of 123 (C/P), so maybe that’s it?

Maybe the cGPA but the grad gpa should of overcome that. I know our applicant pool this year has a comparatively high MCAT average compared to previous years, maybe the 123 did screen you out. But if your overall is good I don't know what other info they would need.

Just make sure to email them again if you haven't heard back in a week or so.

Maybe the cGPA but the grad gpa should of overcome that. I know our applicant pool this year has a comparatively high MCAT average compared to previous years, maybe the 123 did screen you out. But if your overall is good I don't know what other info they would need.

Will do, thanks! If I don’t hear back from my email response I’ll ptobably call, to see if there is something truly missing.

123 c/p doesn't screen you out. I got a secondary with that score. It was probably the under 3.0 UG gpa. Then again, I did my undergrad at LU so maybe there was leniency for me?

I called them and they actually ended up offering me an interview! I'll be going there in November, and I CAN'T WAIT.

I see a lot of people posting about a portal where they can see their check boxes filled for the different application components. Did I miss something? I don't know where to find/see that.

Can you PM me?

I should expect to be asked a question about religion right?

I should expect to be asked a question about religion right?
The only question that you're likely to be asked is if you will accept the view of the school and be tolerant of others. I view it as a great opportunity, because as a physician you are going to have patients with religious beliefs that will alter their view of medical treatment. This school simply prepares you to address those beliefs along with their medical needs.

For anyone who has applied and is waiting to hear from LUCOM, or anyone considering applying, I had a conversation with the Associate Dean of Admissions this morning. LUCOM's screens are set in stone, with no wiggle room (3.0 cumulate GPA and 3.0 science GPA, 497 MCAT with a minimum 123 in each section). They do however accept and encourage updates, so if any of you are waiting on a secondary and you fall under the levels above, just send them an update when you have new scores or grades.

Also, the admissions people are really nice.

Interviewed here Monday. Pleasantly surprised by everything. The facilities were mostly new, students all seemed excited to be there, faculty was very open and focused on making student success a priority. Fingers crossed for good news in the next few weeks.

Reactions: 4 users
Cancelled my interview here this morning. If y'all wanted an earlier spot it might be open now!

Anyone heard word back post-interview yet? No word back either way for me yet. It will be two weeks on Monday.

I'm planning to fly into the Lynchburg airport for my interview, are there Ubers in the area to take you to and from the school? Any recommendations? Just trying to avoid renting a car. Thanks!