2018-2019 Medical College at Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who's interviewing 1/18?

Members don't see this ad.

small pool email today! complete way back in july. really hope it turns into an interview :xf:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when MCW stops sending interview invites?
I received my invite to interview at Milwaukee two days before the last interview day in March. So sometime in March. Last year, the last interview day was March 9th but I believe in the past they’ve gone til late March.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I received my invite to interview at Milwaukee two days before the last interview day in March. So sometime in March. Last year, the last interview day was March 9th but I believe I’m the past they’ve gone til late March.
Thank you for the response! I will still keep my hopes up!

Reactions: 1 user
I received my invite to interview at Milwaukee two days before the last interview day in March. So sometime in March. Last year, the last interview day was March 9th but I believe in the past they’ve gone til late March.

Were you notified of a small pool email before then? I haven't gotten that email yet so I'm wondering if this is just another silent reject for me

Were you notified of a small pool email before then? I haven't gotten that email yet so I'm wondering if this is just another silent reject for me

MCW doesn’t silent reject (at least in previous years). Furthermore, I got an interview without getting a small pool email. All you can really do is expect and prepare for the worst for the sake of preparation

I was small pooled in December of last year after being complete in November. You can get an interview without being small pooled. I had given up hope on MCW-Milwaukee last year as everyone on SDN was talking about how the last interview day was 5 days away, and yet, I was invited 2 days before. So you never know, but you should be working on your application in the case you need to reapply. I, myself, am a reapplicant.

Anyone who got accepted 12/21 get any info on next steps yet?

Anyone who got accepted 12/21 get any info on next steps yet?

No, I haven't either. I hope this isn't an indication of what's to come because it's a disappointing start...

No, I haven't either. I hope this isn't an indication of what's to come because it's a disappointing start...
To my knowledge of last year, your spot is yours. It’s yours until the deadline in April to send in your deposit. Unfortunately, you were accepted over the holidays so there weren’t people in the offices to notify you of the next steps. We’ve only been back in class for a week and a half so just be patient for a little longer. I know it’s frustrating. They will let you know and you’re not in jeopardy of losing your spot.

Any students live in downtown Milwaukee? What happens if the roads are icy or there's bad weather, but there's also a mandatory event at the school on the same day?

If I come to this school, I'd prefer to live in the Milwaukee rather than Wauwatosa, so I'd like to get some perspective on what it's like to live in Milwaukee as a student.

Any students live in downtown Milwaukee? What happens if the roads are icy or there's bad weather, but there's also a mandatory event at the school on the same day?

If I come to this school, I'd prefer to live in the Milwaukee rather than Wauwatosa, so I'd like to get some perspective on what it's like to live in Milwaukee as a student.
Schools and businesses really don't close for ice or snow in the midwest. It would take at least one foot of snow overnight to keep people home from work (especially for a hospital), and the roads can ice unexpectedly if there's snowmelt during the day and it freezes at night. You start driving earlier and drive slower. Hopefully, the trucks and plows have come through before you need to drive. Driving on slick surfaces is commonplace, and you adjust.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS, received II this morning for the main campus, wasn't small-pooled. complete late August

Reactions: 5 users
II for Milwaukee campus this afternoon! IS, LM ~70, WARS ~85, non-trad, complete date late Oct, not small pooled. Available interview dates sprinkled throughout Jan, Feb, and March.

Reactions: 5 users
IS, received II this morning for the main campus, wasn't small-pooled. complete late August

Wow, you give me hope. I was complete mid-October and I still haven't heard back yet. Did you send them anything or call them while you were waiting?

+1. I was complete 10/1 and haven't heard anything either
Wow, you give me hope. I was complete mid-October and I still haven't heard back yet. Did you send them anything or call them while you were waiting?

Hey friends! So I just called MCW admissions because I didn't see a post about it here, but it turns out their whole online portal system is new, and so for those of us waiting to pay our deposits etc, they said the system should be up *hopefully* by the end of the month. There should be a whole new set of tabs that become available with the next steps etc. So glad it wasn't a mistake on my end, I was getting nervous I got the acceptance email by mistake or something, ahah! Thought I'd share just in case anyone else was worried.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey friends! So I just called MCW admissions because I didn't see a post about it here, but it turns out their whole online portal system is new, and so for those of us waiting to pay our deposits etc, they said the system should be up *hopefully* by the end of the month. There should be a whole new set of tabs that become available with the next steps etc. So glad it wasn't a mistake on my end, I was getting nervous I got the acceptance email by mistake or something, ahah! Thought I'd share just in case anyone else was worried.
I was also worried I got the acceptance email by mistake because most emails titled, "Your Application Decision" are not good lol. Thanks for checking on that!

Thanks so much for sharing! I was getting a bit worried and wanted to reach out to them toward the end of the month. Glad I saw your post :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Nope, I didn't send updates or anything.

Interview invitation here. I’m not going to accept it. I hope it goes to one of you guys! Best of luck future docs!

Does anyone know if the new P/F will be true pass/fail or internal rankings?

No idea. Current students have just been told it’s P/F for next year’s M1/M2 courses. I’m not sure anyone can answer that question for you except the administration. Sorry!

Got an II to Central Wisconsin yesterday! I was small-pooled in December. Can anyone tell me the type of interview the regional campus offers? I thought MCW has a traditional one to one interview, but my interview invitation email informed me that I will be interviewing with a panel of approximately 6-8 members. (Edit: Found out that I will be having a panel interview in Central Wisconsin)

Last edited:
been small pooled since November but still nothing :( id love to go here.

Silence since August, is this school prone to soft rejects or when is the mass R wave generally?

I think this is a school that actually has a longer interview season from what I understand.
MCW traditionally holds interviews into March. Last year they went until March 9th, previous years went even later into March.

Have any accepted people seen an update on the portal?

Has anyone written thank you notes to the interviewers? How would one go about this process for MCW? Is it worth it or does it just annoy them?
I know when I interviewed they said that we could submit them to the portal and they would be reviewed with our application or something. I did it, but I have no idea if it made a difference or not.

Yep wrote a general one and uploaded it to the portal! Also sent personal ones to my two interviewers.

I didn't quite get the contact information of my interviewers. Do you know if it is possible to just send 2 separate letters to the MCW portal, each directed at one of the interviewers and titled 'Post-Interview Thank You Letter for Dr. ______'?
Last year we were able to just email our thank yous to Admissions and they got them to the right people.

I didn't quite get the contact information of my interviewers. Do you know if it is possible to just send 2 separate letters to the MCW portal, each directed at one of the interviewers and titled 'Post-Interview Thank You Letter for Dr. ______'?
I did this. I just put the name of the interviewer in the title of each. Like “Thank you - so and so”

Hey there, when I interviewed at MCW a few months ago, they said it was P/F with rankings...I distinctly remember thinking to myself “so it’s essentially graded”.

Still wouldn’t hurt to ask admissions!

Hey there, when I interviewed at MCW a few months ago, they said it was P/F with rankings...I distinctly remember thinking to myself “so it’s essentially graded”.

Still wouldn’t hurt to ask admissions!
I mean most schools still have internal rankings so it's nothing abnormal. But yeah... the grades still count then.

Might have to ask admissions to confirm!

Got an interview invite last night! the latest date available is March 1st. Submitted my secondary on July 19th, got complete email on August 14th. Out of state!

Is this a traditional interview or MMI? I'm finding mixed answers online

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got an interview invite last night! the latest date available is March 1st. Submitted my secondary on July 19th, got complete email on August 14th. Out of state!

MKE is traditional with 2 30-minute interviews. Either with faculty or a student. It's different at the central WI or GB locations I think though.

Congrats!

Stats?

Last edited:

If it’s for the Milwaukee campus, you have two one-on-one interviews that are a half hour each. Green Bay and Central campuses are one panel interview with anywhere from 6-10 people for a half hour.