2018-2019 Medical College at Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an interview invite last night! the latest date available is March 1st. Submitted my secondary on July 19th, got complete email on August 14th. Out of state!

Is this a traditional interview or MMI? I'm finding mixed answers online
If you're interviewing at the Milwaukee campus, it's 2 open-file traditional interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an interview invite last night! the latest date available is March 1st. Submitted my secondary on July 19th, got complete email on August 14th. Out of state!

traditional. And congrats!! Interview day here is awesome

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats! Loved this interview day :)

II today. Submitted secondary September 10th. In State

Anyone interviewing on Feb 1, attending the evening social on Jan 31 ? The weather seems pretty bad.

...and to those who have interviewed here before and attended the evening social, what's your assessment about going?

Anyone interviewing on Feb 1, attending the evening social on Jan 31 ? The weather seems pretty bad.

...and to those who have interviewed here before and attended the evening social, what's your assessment about going?

I'm also interviewing that day and I was planning on attending the social. However, there is a chance that MCW will shut down tomorrow and/or Thursday due to inclement weather. Many employee meetings/events have already been rescheduled... hopefully they will inform us soon either way!

II OOS. How much of a detriment would scheduling an interview for late Feb be compared to later this week?
I interviewed on the last interview day in March and still got in. So did a good chunk of my class. At this point in the year, I’d say not too detrimental. Though that’s up to you in where you stand in the application process.

II OOS. How much of a detriment would scheduling an interview for late Feb be compared to later this week?
Congratulations! I have seen you around on the school-specific threads. High five from fellow OOS-er!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if this school rejects pre-II? Been complete since early July and still silence...

Schools and businesses really don't close for ice or snow in the midwest. It would take at least one foot of snow overnight to keep people home from work (especially for a hospital), and the roads can ice unexpectedly if there's snowmelt during the day and it freezes at night. You start driving earlier and drive slower. Hopefully, the trucks and plows have come through before you need to drive. Driving on slick surfaces is commonplace, and you adjust.
so is school still in session given the cold emergency declared by the mayor? Serious question.

What do most students do during times like this? Study inside all day? That's what I'd do...

so is school still in session given the cold emergency declared by the mayor? Serious question.

What do most students do during times like this? Study inside all day? That's what I'd do...
M1s were supposed to have an exam today but they moved it to tomorrow. MCW is closed today but some of my classmates still went in to study. I’m studying at home, warm and toasty.

This is an extraordinary, historic circumstance. Rarely has the climate in the midwest become so dangerously cold. I'm still at work in clinic, but universities have cancelled classes for most students. However, classes weren't cancelled at major universities for any of the snow storms of the past few weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
They updated the portal for those who are accepted.

Silence since October. When do the official rejections roll out or do they do silent rejections?

Silence since October. When do the official rejections roll out or do they do silent rejections?
My application says moved to potential interview since Nov. Does anyone know when they will send interview?

Accepted. Going to miss the second look day because I will be out of town. I am from the city born and raised so there isn't really much that I have to ask. Is there a facebook group for accepted students? My portal hasn't updated yet to even see the pre-matriculation things. Good luck to all those still anxiously awaiting.

Accepted. Going to miss the second look day because I will be out of town. I am from the city born and raised so there isn't really much that I have to ask. Is there a facebook group for accepted students? My portal hasn't updated yet to even see the pre-matriculation things. Good luck to all those still anxiously awaiting.
Congrats! When did you interview?

Anyone know when we can expect to hear back regarding financial aid?

Anyone who has been accepted - have you received any emails from Certiphi Screening for the criminal background check? The portal mentions that this process begins in January, but I haven't received any emails from them yet. Thanks! :)

Anyone who has been accepted - have you received any emails from Certiphi Screening for the criminal background check? The portal mentions that this process begins in January, but I haven't received any emails from them yet. Thanks! :)
It should come from [email protected]. White list that email address so that it doesn't go to spam. The background check is through AAMC rather than MCW and only triggers once AAMC learns that you've been accepted somewhere, so if you've been accepted recently, it still might take some time for the system to process that you need a screening

It should come from [email protected]. White list that email address so that it doesn't go to spam. The background check is through AAMC rather than MCW and only triggers once AAMC learns that you've been accepted somewhere, so if you've been accepted recently, it still might take some time for the system to process that you need a screening
Thanks so much for the info. This was super helpful!

When did you get those updates on your portal? I've been accepted since October 15th, but I haven't heard anything from them since...

When did you get those updates on your portal? I've been accepted since October 15th, but I haven't heard anything from them since...
I just got them today. I was accepted October 26. I think they are slowly rolling the changes out for everyone. Another person on this thread had the tabs a few days ago, and I just got them now. If you're super concerned, you can call/email them. They respond really fast!

I just got them today. I was accepted October 26. I think they are slowly rolling the changes out for everyone. Another person on this thread had the tabs a few days ago, and I just got them now. If you're super concerned, you can call/email them. They respond really fast!
Thanks! I might email them if I don't hear anything by next week

Does anyone know when the next round of decisions is coming out? Thanks

At my interview they said "mid-February". I'm guessing this Friday considering their decisions seem to come out on Fridays.

Anyone aware of any institutional scholarships being awarded yet? Or if there are any?

I got accepted last Friday (2/8) and interviewed on 1/18. OOS (CA), MCAT: 511, BCPM: 3.84, GPA: 3.9, 1000+ patient exposure hours, 1000+ volunteer hours, medical mission, EMT, medical scribe, lots of leadership experiences, 3 years of research, etc.

Hope this helps. Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have any info/thoughts on how waitlist movement is going to go at MCW this cycle? I know in the past there's been a ton of movement as early as February.

I got accepted last Friday (2/8) and interviewed on 1/18. OOS (CA), MCAT: 511, BCPM: 3.84, GPA: 3.9, 1000+ patient exposure hours, 1000+ volunteer hours, medical mission, EMT, medical scribe, lots of leadership experiences, 3 years of research, etc.

Dang I also interviewed 1/18. Have other 1/18 interviewees heard back as well?

Which campus did you interview at?

(Also congratulations!!)

Does anyone have any info/thoughts on how waitlist movement is going to go at MCW this cycle? I know in the past there's been a ton of movement as early as February.
This was definitely not my experience last year. The waitlist movement that happened in February/March last year was mostly for Green Bay and Central, and they don't have too much waitlist movement usually.

A lot of waitlist movement for Milwaukee started around the end of April and continued into May.

Which campus did you interview at?

(Also congratulations!!)

I interviewed at Milwaukee. I feel like I did really well at my interviews. Both of my interviewers were really cool and they were easy to talk to. Also, I sent in an update so maybe that helped improve the timing of my acceptance.

I know someone who interviewed Feb 1 and received an acceptance email a week later on Feb 8 (last Friday). They told us at our Feb 1 interview that we'd all hear back within a week or two.