2018-2019 Medical College at Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So they spelled "accommodate" wrong? I'm finding these med schools really need a good editor!
It was spelled correctly in my small pool email last year so idk what happened. *shrugs*

Still just as proud to be a student here and confident in the education I am receiving.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the small pool email a couple of weeks ago. Would love an II tomorrow! C'mon MCW!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone- II today and I just had some questions because I'm forgetting everything I read on MSAR and mine expired soooooo. Does MCW start giving out acceptances Oct 15th? ooooor? Also does anyone have any info on the interview portion of the day? Thanks!!! :)

All allopathic medical schools cannot give out acceptances until October 15th. Additionally, I believe MCW does 2 1-on-1 open file interviews.

II today
Received small poo email last week
LM ~69
OOS

Reactions: 1 users
It seems like most people getting II right now are OOS, or has anyone from instate got one yet?

still no complete email... should I email them?

II today LM 70~75 OOS. Small pool email last week. I’m really excited to meet some of yall for interview day! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who received an II yesterday get a confirmation email after the phone call? I know that she said she would send one but I’m not sure if I was supposed to get it right after the call or not until closer to the day

Did anyone who received an II yesterday get a confirmation email after the phone call? I know that she said she would send one but I’m not sure if I was supposed to get it right after the call or not until closer to the day
I think the confirmation email will come about 1 week prior to the interview date.

Where my 9/7 interviewees at?!?

Reactions: 2 users
still no complete email... should I email them?
I emailed them yesterday, they said their automatic complete had some issues thats why some students did not get an email. Then she told me the day I was complete, and sent a automated email confirming.

I emailed them yesterday, they said their automatic complete had some issues thats why some students did not get an email. Then she told me the day I was complete, and sent a automated email confirming.
Who did you email?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

In my secondary invitation email from MCW, it says: "Though we determined that your application does not satisfy the required eligibility criteria at this time, we are sending you the secondary application invitation. Please remember that it is your responsibility to meet all eligibility criteria as noted above." Is anyone in the same boat?

Did you ever figure this out? I applied kind of late to this school and just received this email...but I'm pretty sure I meet all of their requirements.

Did you ever figure this out? I applied kind of late to this school and just received this email...but I'm pretty sure I meet all of their requirements.
The only stats they use are MCAT and completed credits (I believe they're listed earlier in that e-mail). I got this because I only have 88 certified undergrad credits. Often they offer the secondary to people whose MCAT score does not meet their threshold but is still competitive enough I believe.

The only stats they use are MCAT and completed credits (I believe they're listed earlier in that e-mail). I got this because I only have 88 certified undergrad credits. Often they offer the secondary to people whose MCAT score does not meet their threshold but is still competitive enough I believe.

Hmm that's interesting. I have over 100 credits (but many are from AP, so that may be why). I checked to make sure my upper level classes cover the requirements. I'm also not sure what their threshold is, but I would think my score of 508 is at least competitive. Thanks for the info!

Hmm that's interesting. I have over 100 credits (but many are from AP, so that may be why). I checked to make sure my upper level classes cover the requirements. I'm also not sure what their threshold is, but I would think my score of 508 is at least competitive. Thanks for the info!
Yea AP doesn't count. My 88 credits are all the non AP ones, but that's why they still send you the secondary.

Yea AP doesn't count. My 88 credits are all the non AP ones, but that's why they still send you the secondary.

Awesome, that makes sense. Without AP I'm a little under their 90 credit requirement at the moment.

Current M4 bored on my rotations. Can answer some questions! Maybe I'll see you on interview day!

Did anyone not get a secondary from here? For some reason I never got one...

Did anyone not get a secondary from here? For some reason I never got one...
I'm not sure I'd they screen or not. I read somewhere they do, and also read somewhere they don't. But I got one almost right away.

I'm not sure I'd they screen or not. I read somewhere they do, and also read somewhere they don't. But I got one almost right away.

Hmm.. I wonder if I was screened out? My MCAT is a couple points lower than their median. I was expecting to at least get a secondary

Hmm.. I wonder if I was screened out? My MCAT is a couple points lower than their median. I was expecting to at least get a secondary
No way. Obviously there’s people who’ve been accepted with stats below their median. They’re not gonna screen out those people lol. I would call and ask

Dang, they passed me by then. :( They state that they review apps in the order they receive them.
They may review in the order received but that doesn’t mean they make decisions on applications in that order. So don’t get too bummed out.

They may review in the order received but that doesn’t mean they make decisions on applications in that order. So don’t get too bummed out.
What does that even mean? If they review your app they basically have to make a decision on it whether it’s to be rereviewed, on hold, II etc

What does that even mean? If they review your app they basically have to make a decision on it whether it’s to be rereviewed, on hold, II etc
Not necessarily. They don’t HAVE to do anything. It’s their game. They have the advantage. This process isn’t cut and dry all the time.

Some people have competitive apps that make the reviewer/adcom want to immediately send an II. Some are so bad they know to reject right away. Those in the middle may be stuck in a sort of limbo where the reviewer/adcom aren’t sure what they want to do. That includes small-pooling. They may not want to outright reject but may not know if they even want to small pool so your app sits and is rereviewed until they KNOW what they want to do. This doesn’t mean they have to communicate to you that you’re being rereviewed. Some schools tell you, but that’s not required.

The other aspect is just luck of the draw of who gets your app. Are they having a busy week and don’t get through as many apps as they should? They may still be reviewing in the order THEY received your app but there are multiple reviewers so if another reviewer has a bomb day of getting through apps, then someone may get a decision even though they were complete after someone else. And the review process varies by school.

The key point is that it’s all variable, within each school and between schools. We don’t know how they’re making decisions. We don’t know how behind/ahead they are. The majority of applicants are going to be average, as opposed to stand out, and will have to wait for a decision. Welcome to applying to Med school.

Reactions: 4 users
No way. Obviously there’s people who’ve been accepted with stats below their median. They’re not gonna screen out those people lol. I would call and ask
Update: I emailed them and they responded within an hour and sent me the secondary! :)