2018-2019 Medical College at Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wonder when II's will start rolling out.

Members don't see this ad.

Never got the "complete" email, so emailed admissions and they said it had been sent earlier this month! They resent it and I got it the second time, but I definitely didn't get the first one and now I'm worried I'm going to miss more communications from them :(

Is anyone still waiting for a secondary? I was verified just about a week ago and still haven't received one. I know I am getting a little antsy but I am sure this school doesn't screen correct? Just want to be complete before labor day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone still waiting for a secondary? I was verified just about a week ago and still haven't received one. I know I am getting a little antsy but I am sure this school doesn't screen correct? Just want to be complete before labor day.

When did you take the MCAT? Is your score report in? Has your CASPer test been sent over?

One week is still a short amount of time. I would wait a bit longer, especially since I’m sure this week the MCW Admissions Office added making interview invite decisions to their already long list of things to do on the daily.

I know you want to be complete by Labor Day, but it’s more realistic to try to be complete within two weeks after you get the secondary. MCW doesn’t verify your secondary right away like some schools. They look at your letters separately and make sure they qualify. It can take a week for them to do that before you get the complete email. So just try to be patient, at this point you’ve done everything you can.

Never got the "complete" email, so emailed admissions and they said it had been sent earlier this month! They resent it and I got it the second time, but I definitely didn't get the first one and now I'm worried I'm going to miss more communications from them :(
One fix (albeit more inconvenient) might be to just periodically check your portal and look in the "Communication Status" tab to check for any future emails. That tab mirrors any emails that get sent from MCW, so even if for some reason your email misses something, it'll probably show up in that tab.

I don't think they screen, and I received the secondary 2 days after verification, so I would maybe call them next week if you still haven't received it?

One fix

I don't think they screen, and I received the secondary 2 days after verification, so I would maybe call them next week if you still haven't received it?

Thanks for the reply. I will try calling them on Monday and see what's going on.

So for anyone interested:

I applied here last year was complete at the end of July. I didn't even get an II here until January to come interview in February, and then got accepted in March. Don't freak out if people who submitted long after you get an II before you (it happened all the time to me last cycle). I don't really understand the order they decide to interview people, but just stay calm lol. And this is really for all schools tbh, not just MCW

What do you mean? Do you mean that peolpe who submitted their secondaries later and complete in aug-sept may have gotten IIs before you did?

also, can anyone please post the secondary prompts for MCW? Thank you in advance!

But how do you know this, that they were later than you?
And people generally post when they receive interview invites and usually mention when they were complete. So you know if they were complete after you and got an II before you.

Reactions: 1 user
When does MCW usually start sending out II's? I really like the program offered here!

Members don't see this ad :)
In state, small pool e-mail received today.

When were you complete?
MCW Complete E-mail on 8/14/18
Edit: I received an e-mail on 8/14 stating that I was complete, but also "your secondary application became complete during a time when our automated "application complete" emails were not sending as expected. We are sending you this message as a reassurance that your application is indeed complete." So I received a complete e-mail on 8/14/18, but from what I remember I completed significantly earlier than that. Submitted 7/10, don't know actual date of marked completion.

Last edited:
Oh man same for me! Fingers crossed :) I'm IS as well
This whole cycle in general is just stressing me out. An admissions committee member told me a few years back that although they review apps initially by completion date, that's not necessarily the order that they correspond or make decisions. Plus, they're way behind schedule in general as compared to the past. RIP: Me

This whole cycle in general is just stressing me out. An admissions committee member told me a few years back that although they review apps initially by completion date, that's not necessarily the order that they correspond or make decisions. Plus, they're way behind schedule in general as compared to the past. RIP: Me
Why does it seem like a lot of schools are running so far behind this year? The only thing that changed was AAMC not releasing the acceptance report....

Was your Casper in by then?
Yes, my CASPer and LORs were all in far in advance. There was a glitch marking most CASPer exams as incomplete for a few weeks, but it did not affect the completion dates or order of review.

I feel you, this whole small pool thing is seriously stressful. And idk why so many med schools are behind! Glad it's not just me though tbh

What is a small Pool? I got a complete email but it doesn't say anything about a small pool?

Also got a small pool email this morning. Seems like this is a positive thing to get before an actual II

Reactions: 1 users
What is a small Pool? I got a complete email but it doesn't say anything about a small pool?
It looks like this "
The Admissions Committee has completed its initial review of your application, and your application has moved forward in the process to the group of applicants who will potentially be invited to interview for admission. That group is still significantly larger than our interview schedule can accomodate. Candidates are selected from this group throughout the cycle to receive an interview invitation on the basis of strength of credentials and completion date of application.

If you are selected for an interview invitation, you will receive communication via email. Additional review of your application or updates you provide will only occur if you are interviewed. "

II received just now! OOS

EDIT: This school makes you call to reserve your interview date. Never seen that before.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Are most people receiving small pool emails about a month after complete date?

Received the small pool email at 9 this morning, then received an II at noon! Complete 7/15, OOS.

Reactions: 1 users
II today, complete mid July, LM = 77, IS

So they spelled "accommodate" wrong? I'm finding these med schools really need a good editor!
It looks like this "
The Admissions Committee has completed its initial review of your application, and your application has moved forward in the process to the group of applicants who will potentially be invited to interview for admission. That group is still significantly larger than our interview schedule can accomodate. Candidates are selected from this group throughout the cycle to receive an interview invitation on the basis of strength of credentials and completion date of application.

If you are selected for an interview invitation, you will receive communication via email. Additional review of your application or updates you provide will only occur if you are interviewed. "

Hi everyone- II today and I just had some questions because I'm forgetting everything I read on MSAR and mine expired soooooo. Does MCW start giving out acceptances Oct 15th? ooooor? Also does anyone have any info on the interview portion of the day? Thanks!!! :)

I just took the CASPer today... do you guys think it's too late for MCW? :(