2018-2019 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else here on the Athens campus train?

Reactions: 2 users
Got the R today with no interview. I’m a legacy of the founder of the school. But all is good, I got accepted at Mercer!

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still haven't heard back...

Reactions: 4 users
I was really hoping today would be the day. But at the same time, I say that every single day so that doesnt mean too much...

Reactions: 5 users
I take comfort in the fact that we are all suffering collectively haha :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Y'allllll... I have been checking my portal, my email and here literally every time i look at my phone haha I feel like a crazy person fr

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed in October. Haven't heard a peep since. Feel a strong waitlist or rejection coming

Interviewed in October. Haven't heard a peep since. Feel a strong waitlist or rejection coming

Maybe they’re saving the best for last :) At least that’s what I’m telling myself?

Ughh I feel the same way my friend. I interviewed back in September and it's been complete silence since. I get the feeling I'm going to be waitlisted or rejected very soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Ughh I feel the same way my friend. I interviewed back in September and it's been complete silence since. I get the feeling I'm going to be waitlisted or rejected very soon.
I interviewed in December and also waiting since then

I think they're only informing the individuals who applied and did not receive an II. Because only my friends who did not receive II got a rejection letter/ any e-mail from MCG.

But regardless, good luck to you all.

Just received an email about Revisit Day! Excited to be heading back to Augusta for a second look!

I think they're only informing the individuals who applied and did not receive an II. Because only my friends who did not receive II got a rejection letter/ any e-mail from MCG.

But regardless, good luck to you all.

I guess the rest of us in post interview limbo will hear back next week hopefully

Any thoughts on when they'll release decisions? Today, or someday this week?

Any thoughts on when they'll release decisions? Today, or someday this week?
I think they historically release decisions on Fridays. Not sure if that will vary going forward or how they process offers off of the waitlist.

Reactions: 4 users
I think they historically release decisions on Fridays. Not sure if that will vary going forward or how they process offers off of the waitlist.

I am definitely expecting Friday. However, that won’t stop me from checking my email every 5 minutes

Reactions: 11 users
Hi guys! So from checking up on all the posts that I have missed, for the people that haven't heard back but have interviewed, we are hoping for sometime (most likely Friday) of this week with a status update, correct?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys! So from checking up on all the posts that I have missed, for the people that haven't heard back but have interviewed, we are hoping for sometime (most likely Friday) of this week with a status update, correct?
Yes! That's the general consensus. Fingers crossed for sooner though!

I may have asked this before (too lazy to check haha sorry), but is a LOI today going to be too late do y'all think? I just dont wanna annoy them or waste my/their time writing and submitting one.

I may have asked this before (too lazy to check haha sorry), but is a LOI today going to be too late do y'all think? I just dont wanna annoy them or waste my/their time writing and submitting one.

I don't think an LOI would hurt in any case. Even if the committee has met in full and made their decisions for the most part, showing interest will only help your case and may push you over the line. If MCG is your top choice and you get rejected, you might regret not showing further interest and I doubt they would move you from A to R for doing so. At least by submitting one you know you've put your best foot forward. Also full disclosure, I was accepted after ~3 months post-interview and did not submit one, and am not sure of their overall LOI policy and if they are open to them. Make sure to check on that!

Good luck!

EDIT: Also, if they are open to LOIs, I would try to make it an update as well, and not just an LOI.

Ok guys, tomorrow is the day! (supposedly) In less than 24 hours now, we will finally know where we stand with MCG. How is everyone coping with their anxieties?

Ok guys, tomorrow is the day! (supposedly) In less than 24 hours now, we will finally know where we stand with MCG. How is everyone coping with their anxieties?

What if they don't release it tomorrow... just to purposely torture us further.

I am laying in bed, wine in hand, until i receive the word while silently crying

are we thinking it'll be an email or phone call if accepted?

I'm mentally preparing myself for the worst, secretly hoping for the best haha.

Reactions: 3 users
Just called the office and the woman I spoke to could not confirm they will let us know by tomorrow. That is what they told us at interviews beginning of January though.

Just called the office and the woman I spoke to could not confirm they will let us know by tomorrow. That is what they told us at interviews beginning of January though.

I got the same response when I called a month ago. But I do think we might hear tomorrow. Rejections went out to people who didn't interview last week, so there's a good chance the rest of us applicants might hear back tomorrow.

I got the same response when I called a month ago. But I do think we might hear tomorrow. Rejections went out to people who didn't interview last week, so there's a good chance the rest of us applicants might hear back tomorrow.
I don’t know if I want to say I hope so or not, lol

Reactions: 1 users
Luckily I have work to keep me busy for most of the day or else I'd likely be trying to just get as much gym time in as possible to take my mind off of it. It's definitely nerve-wracking to think it's likely tomorrow.

Did anyone else’s document status page on the portal change? Mine only had my letters of rec on there but they added a transcript section

Did anyone else’s document status page on the portal change? Mine only had my letters of rec on there but they added a transcript section

Did you ever send them a transcript as an update?

You guys are making me nervous! About time MCG updated me on my life status . I don't like not knowing what they're doing with my file. cause that's not nice.

also, how does waitlist exactly work? do they just email you that you have been waitlisted or do you also have a number? like you're 52nd in line type of thing? (sorry for the dumb question, I know how they work I just really wish they had order numbers attached to them cause at least it'd be more clear than just being told to wait. cause that's annoying).

I'm mentally preparing myself for the worst, secretly hoping for the best haha.
I have work until noon but that's not going to stop me from checking my email every second my boss isn't looking my way honestly ...

No I didn’t. I graduated spring of last year, so my transcript that I sent through amcas was my final one
you should probably call and let them know in case they something in there by accident -- could be someone else's updated transcript.

you should probably call and let them know in case they something in there by accident -- could be someone else's updated transcript.
it’s not somebody else’s transcript, they just added a section explaining that those who matriculare have to send a final official transcript. And it lets you know that status of it.