2018-2019 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine NYIT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an interview invite for the Arkansas campus a couple days ago.
How are you guys getting to Jonesboro, AR? I'm seeing flights to Little Rock, AR and Memphis, TN but none to Jonesboro directly from there.

Memphis is the most common and closest place people fly to

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted my secondary in July and nothing... anyone else in the same boat?
That's weird. you might have to call them and see if they received everything. Submitted my secondary last week and received a II like 2 days ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
So usually the decisions for the month are out by the 17th the latest. I wonder why this month is an anomaly.

So I interviewed in Sept for OW... haven’t heard anything back. Sit tight? Send an email? Pack my sunscreen???

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone called admissions to ask for when they release the emails out this month lol..

Members don't see this ad :)
question. I have a II here but I have pre reqs taken at a CC. will this be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Got an interview invite for the Arkansas campus a couple days ago.
How are you guys getting to Jonesboro, AR? I'm seeing flights to Little Rock, AR and Memphis, TN but none to Jonesboro directly from there.
I had an II there last week. I drove myself but many interviewees flew to Memphis and drove to Jonesboro.

Sent from my LG-H872 using SDN mobile

Accepted today!! Interviewed late nov at OW!! Feels like a dream...

Reactions: 3 users
did anyone else get any acceptances, waitlists, or rejections today?

For anyone already accepted, the background check, is the $121 fee on us or do they reimburse or something like that?

So if we didn't hear back from them today that means we have to wait all the way until next month for a decision? Because that sounds incredibly ridiculous if you ask me....

So if we didn't hear back from them today that means we have to wait all the way until next month for a decision? Because that sounds incredibly ridiculous if you ask me....
I feel like literally no one heard today minus the one person on the forum today... so maybe theres hope for tomorrow? if not tmrw, then probs feb :(((

I feel like literally no one heard today minus the one person on the forum today... so maybe theres hope for tomorrow? if not tmrw, then probs feb :(((
Yeah because it sure seems like a lot of people are still waiting to hear and only that one person has commented on their acceptance from today. This is so confusing!

Would anyone be willing to share what their interview day thank you email says?

Idk if I am overthinking because it sounds like a wild theory but now that I’m reading over it... it kind of sounds like a rejection. Here is what the end of mine said:

“Again, we hope your interview day was an amazing opportunity for you, as it was for us, to get to know each other better. We wish you continued success in your pursuit of a career in medicine.”

Yeah because it sure seems like a lot of people are still waiting to hear and only that one person has commented on their acceptance from today. This is so confusing!
Right!!! usually at least in the past on this forum and last years, people readily post with their status (like you know accepted, WL, etc)

Would anyone be willing to share what their interview day thank you email says?

Idk if I am overthinking because it sounds like a wild theory but now that I’m reading over it... it kind of sounds like a rejection. Here is what the end of mine said:

“Again, we hope your interview day was an amazing opportunity for you, as it was for us, to get to know each other better. We wish you continued success in your pursuit of a career in medicine.”
mine says that too!! but i dont think it means anything?

mine says that too!! but i dont think it means anything?
I think that’s just the generic post interview message, cause otherwise it would mean they rejected you like 1 day after your interview

Right!!! usually at least in the past on this forum and last years, people readily post with their status (like you know accepted, WL, etc)
I was creeping on the 2017-2018 sdn nyitcom page and someone got accepted 2/1 and then ppl got theirs 2/2; so maybe its one of those things where not everyone gets it until the next day? idk im just really trying to be hopeful here:(

I was creeping on the 2017-2018 sdn nyitcom page and someone got accepted 2/1 and then ppl got theirs 2/2; so maybe its one of those things where not everyone gets it until the next day? idk im just really trying to be hopeful here:(
Let's stay positive! I'm sure they haven't sent them all out for the month!

I am actually dying of anxiety waiting for this decision, hoping we hear something tomorrow. seems like there might be a chance with only the one person posting their acceptance

I was also thinking that , let’s keep our hopes up!! People also get their acceptances 3-4 months after interviews, it’s a longer wait but that’s the game

Has anyone called them yet? Because if not I'm calling first thing in the morning

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone called them yet? Because if not I'm calling first thing in the morning
would you take one for the team and call? (I get really anxious during phone calls, its kinda pathethic :'/ please dont hate me)

Reactions: 1 users
if we dont hear back this week maybe its time to send an update email?

would you take one for the team and call? (I get really anxious during phone calls, its kinda pathethic :'/ please dont hate me)
For sure! The office is closed now but first thing in the morning I'll give them a call and see if I can find anything out

I had a friend call today cause I was too chicken to do it myself. The lady in admissions said they will be sending out decisions throughout the rest of January. And she said we will definitely hear something by the end of the month.

Reactions: 2 users
I had a friend call today cause I was too chicken to do it myself. The lady in admissions said they will be sending out decisions throughout the rest of January. And she said we will definitely hear something by the end of the month.
I can relate about being nervous bc phonecalls LOL but tell your friend thank you!! He/She/They are really appreciated!!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on 10/4 and still haven't heard back. My interviewer was amazing and told me "I want you to know you did really well today" and said, "if your decision was up to your interview alone I would tell you that you're in a very good position right now." That made me feel hopeful but since that was over 3 months ago I'm not really sure what to think. Should I assume rejection since later dates have heard back??? Anyone still waiting from early interviews??

GPA: 3.71
MCAT: 507
1000+ hrs between clinical & volunteer work
*this is for the OW campus (and I'm IS)

Last edited: